What would need to happen for you to be ready to bench Tyrod and start Drew Stanton?

NudeTayne

The Drew Stanton era  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Ideal time to get sauced (start Drew Stanton) is

• If we're 0-4.
    • if we need a spark coming out of the bye, week 12.
    • only if Tyrod is struggling at the halfway point.
    • only if we make the playoffs and want to outmaneuver our opponent.
    • right away. Tyrod has proven nothing. We might as well see what we have with Stanton.
    • if Tyrod looks like a game manager.

I'm not worried about this news.

This probably means Tyrod is doing very well and isn't doing anything to warrant competition right now. That's the good news. The reasoning behind Stanton's move-up IMO? Take the pressure off of Tyrod. Fans won't be getting on Tyrod's case nearly as hard if they know the #2 QB behind him is Stanton, not Baker. At least that's the way I see it.

The worst thing that happened to Brian Hoyer was having Manziel as the #2. If we had some slapd1ck in there as his backup instead of the "shiny new xmas present 1st round pick QB", we wouldn't have been so quick to crucify Hoyer.

MY thoughts - since the title is what I would do..........

After giving this topic proper thought, the only way I can see Tyrod coming off the field is due to injury. Based on what I have seen so far out of Tyrod in all the offseason activity, the preseason game, and training camp - I can safely proclaim Tyrod will not struggle on the field in 2018. C'mon - other than a born leader, who pays to have several of his teammates join him at an off site facility, away from the coaches, for a workout regimen? Plus I think he is severely pissed at the Bills for kicking him to the curb. All said, Tyrod has too much ability and too much drive to go into a performance slump.

Part of me wants to say if Tyrod is hurt, give the keys to the kid and roll from there. But I think the wiser choice is to go with Drew. Because mostly, once you ring the bell to start Baker, you can never unring it. Granted all signs point to Baker having a long and productive career - but we have yet to see him under the live fire of a real NFL game when defenses are game planning to stop you. I acknowledge you will need to do that at some point, but what would be crushing would be if you have to bring in Drew in relief of Baker due to on the field struggles.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

MY thoughts - since the title is what I would do..........

After giving this topic proper thought, the only way I can see Tyrod coming off the field is due to injury. Based on what I have seen so far out of Tyrod in all the offseason activity, the preseason game, and training camp - I can safely proclaim Tyrod will not struggle on the field in 2018. C'mon - other than a born leader, who pays to have several of his teammates join him at an off site facility, away from the coaches, for a workout regimen? Plus I think he is severely pissed at the Bills for kicking him to the curb. All said, Tyrod has too much ability and too much drive to go into a performance slump.

Part of me wants to say if Tyrod is hurt, give the keys to the kid and roll from there. But I think the wiser choice is to go with Drew. Because mostly, once you ring the bell to start Baker, you can never unring it. Granted all signs point to Baker having a long and productive career - but we have yet to see him under the live fire of a real NFL game when defenses are game planning to stop you. I acknowledge you will need to do that at some point, but what would be crushing would be if you have to bring in Drew in relief of Baker due to on the field struggles.

I agree with you.

They simply won’t rush Baker. 

12 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Baker and Tyrod to be shot and in the ICU

And even then I would strongly consider rolling them out in a wheel chair to play before Id consider Stanton an option

Baker is the #3 depth guy.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was with you until

that last line.

And yet here we are at the end of three pages of serious forum-wide discussion on this topic...

Archived