JOSH GORDON: HES BACK

mistakey

"...because [Gordon] is missing training camp to pursue treatment, such income is in doubt.”

That's the final line of the article. The link did seem to say that this court case was the main reason for his departure before camp. But, then I saw the final line, and began to wonder if it could have been a combination. Or, is he claiming treatment as a means to get out of paying?

Seems like a real stressor... although he should of course pay to take care of his child....

Maybe he knew he was going to take the pressure off or stress relief via alcohol or other drugs so he checked into rehab...

Merely checking into rehab doesn't mean he gets to avoid paying child support unless the judge says so...

And... he's not getting paid while be gone by the Browns..

He's probably had to live off of notoriety loans and been in serious debt due to not being paid by the Browns and already probably establishing a lavish life at the beginning of his pro career... he probably really is broke...

If I'm the team, I'm paying the first 2 months (around 10K)... to get the stress off him... and just take it from his check on Sept. 9...

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's the final line of the article. The link did seem to say that this court case was the main reason for his departure before camp. But, then I saw the final line, and began to wonder if it could have been a combination. Or, is he claiming treatment as a means to get out of paying?

i think NFL players get paid by the week.  the payment was due Aug 1, based on his potential earnings this year, but he wont get paid til week 1.  So, since he's not working he has a legal case to not pay yet.  I think he'll be back after TC ends.

Good grief. Bottom line (if there is anything to this), take care of your kid. What kind of lowlife avoids work so they don’t have to do that. I don’t care the story with the female, etc. 

Again, if there’s nothing to this theory, this doesn’t apply.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Good grief. Bottom line (if there is anything to this), take care of your kid. What kind of lowlife avoids work so they don’t have to do that. I don’t care the story with the female, etc. 

Again, if there’s nothing to this theory, this doesn’t apply.

i think its that hes actualy straight broke and cant afford to pay the scheduled pay

as long as he pays after week 1 and continues to pay and takes care of his kid should be ok.  hope he does

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i think its that hes actualy straight broke and cant afford to pay the scheduled pay

as long as he pays after week 1 and continues to pay and takes care of his kid should be ok.  hope he does

Ok. That makes more sense. 

I’m surprised there isn’t a way around this on the Browns side of things, as far as fronting the cash. All three sides win.

What did I say from the beginning 

CHILD SUPPORT DOES NOT PLAY

I personally thought this was the reason he’d get his act together but anyone on here knows from the start I’ve said that’d be the biggest impact in whether he plays or not

nothing else will effect your decision making like Child support he’s better get his stuff together or that man will be in jail

21 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Seems like a real stressor... although he should of course pay to take care of his child....

Maybe he knew he was going to take the pressure off or stress relief via alcohol or other drugs so he checked into rehab...

Merely checking into rehab doesn't mean he gets to avoid paying child support unless the judge says so...

And... he's not getting paid while be gone by the Browns..

He's probably had to live off of notoriety loans and been in serious debt due to not being paid by the Browns and already probably establishing a lavish life at the beginning of his pro career... he probably really is broke...

If I'm the team, I'm paying the first 2 months (around 10K)... to get the stress off him... and just take it from his check on Sept. 9...

Rumors is he has been living off of Agents as well.  I believe he has had 5 agents already. He would use them and when they found out he won’t be getting back into the league they parted ways. His current agent finally got him at the right time that he can now make mony off of him. 

I would also imagine the struggles he is going through with child support and legal rights with the child is a very stressful situation, especially considering it seemed to involve hostility from the mother.  I could see going back to rehab to ensure this doesn't make him fall off the bandwagon also.  Doesn't have to be just financially involved...

Archived