Bears claim K Aguayo from Bucs

CBears019

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Has to he one of worst draft picks in history.  Still saying on radio "Bears mortgaged  future for Trubisky".   Bucs gave up a 3 and 4 for a kicker they just  released after 1 pre season game.

Well, and the season before that. Bucs are butthurt he wasn't instantly the GOAT

2 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

I wonder if he had offers from other teams and straight up choose the Bears

Thats not how waivers work, teams all put in a claim for him and the team that was highest on the waiver priority gets the player.  Being that we were the 3rd worst team last year, that just means that the Browns and Niners were not interested in him.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats not how waivers work, teams all put in a claim for him and the team that was highest on the waiver priority gets the player.  Being that we were the 3rd worst team last year, that just means that the Browns and Niners were not interested in him.

Sorry, I've got to brush up on my contract knowledge lol 

Once the waiver period starts each year through the trading deadline, a vested veteran — a player who has acquired four years of pension credit — is not subject to the waiver system if the club decides to release him. That means if a team decides to release a vested veteran, the league considers his contract to be terminated immediately and he is free to negotiate and sign with any other club. 

On a side note, I think it's hilarious how Barth and O'Donnell are so open about Pat's free agency next year! 4 years 18 million

Archived