Darron Lee another bad draft mistake

doumeyer

Last night he looked horrible, with all his speed, he still can't cover anybody. And he is not strong enough to be a pass rusher, side line to side line is his strong point on run defensive. but that is it. We were counting on Lee with his speed, but he is no more than a mediocre linebacker. And for a guy who was the nineteen overall pick in the draft. three years ago that is unacceptable.

He's still hesitating out there.  He's got natural ability but until you start flying to the ball and stop thinking you're going to beat.  He was raw to the position so you figured he would improve but it just hasn't happened yet.  He'll get this year to change people's opinion but his leash is getting short.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's still hesitating out there.  He's got natural ability but until you start flying to the ball and stop thinking you're going to beat.  He was raw to the position so you figured he would improve but it just hasn't happened yet.  He'll get this year to change people's opinion but his leash is getting short.

The worst part is he doesnt deserve to start but is being forced out there. I hope when he struggles  they pull him and we focus on bringing in another good starter. He just hasn't improved at all.

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The worst part is he doesnt deserve to start but is being forced out there. I hope when he struggles  they pull him and we focus on bringing in another good starter. He just hasn't improved at all.

I mean who else are we going to bring in Pierre-Louis, Hewitt, or Minter.  None are really that good either.  Best bet would be to keep trotting him out there and hope for the best.  At least for this season.   

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we move on from him after this year Macc isn’t hesitant to move on from draft picks if they don’t preform i.e. Devin Smith, Jarvis Harrison, Hack, and most likely Mauldin this year

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I mean who else are we going to bring in Pierre-Louis, Hewitt, or Minter.  None are really that good either.  Best bet would be to keep trotting him out there and hope for the best.  At least for this season.   

I like Minter when he was a prospect more than I liked Lee. Unfortunately he never met expectations. I thought he’d be a solid 10 year starter. He did play for Bowles a couple of years back in Arizona so maybe Bowles can motivate him?‍♂️

What we learned from Davis last year is that it can click at any time so it’s not too late for Minter or Lee to turn their career around.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived