Darron Lee another bad draft mistake

doumeyer

I don't go by PFF. But anyways Lee is talented and is only 23, sometimes players take a bit more to reach their full ability. Lee was not a player who people thought was NFL ready day 1, he was seen as this talented new age LB who was a playmaker in college that may need time to develop. He was never seen as a guy who was going to blow up blockers and dominated the run, his game is speed and being that new age LB.

Avery Williamson is the more old age NFL LB who will blow up the run. So a good compliment.  Lee seems to be a good guy who is working hard to be great, he seems close with Adams. Adams is a special player who lifts the play of those around him, game 1 Adams looked all pro.  I expect Adams to keep climbing as one of the elite safeties in the game. We just don't have that edge rusher to get to the QB, if our defense had that we would be elite. That secondary, ILB, and interior DL looks dang good. 

I think we are all cheering for Lee to finally get it. But it’s going to take more than a game to do that. It’s a good condo event booster that I hope sets the tone for him all season. But he’s not going to be Luke Kuechly all of a sudden after Week 1. I hope he just builds off this good start to the season.

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think the takeaway is that we expected poor play from Lee on Monday, but what we got wasn't even average; it was exceptional. He might have his ups and downs this season, but for the first time ever we've at least seen what his ceiling could look like.

Ya he set the standard high for him after that game. There’s really only 1 way to go from there and that’s down. But that’s doesnt mean that his down has to be to his previous years level. Just not incredible best defensive player in the nfl week 1 level.

Hey good for him. Its certainly been a struggle for him so far so its nice to see him get praise and for him even to feel good about himself. Maybe the kick in the @$$ from Bart was what he needed. The pick 6 just may have been the boast in confidence that he was looking for? Whatever the reason, Darron Lee played confident football in the 4th quarter. Just want to see more of it. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, Bianconero said:

I'm happy for him and pray this is a sign of things going forward

But make no mistake, I fully expect him to revert back to incompetence starting this week

I hope I'm wrong though

You werent wrong. He was extremely ineffective in the run game again, and missed a few tackles. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:56 AM, ekill08x said:

Hey good for him. Its certainly been a struggle for him so far so its nice to see him get praise and for him even to feel good about himself. Maybe the kick in the @$$ from Bart was what he needed. The pick 6 just may have been the boast in confidence that he was looking for? Whatever the reason, Darron Lee played confident football in the 4th quarter. Just want to see more of it. 

He wasn't so good when he let Tannehill, run around end for 17 yards, he was late making the tackle, at a critical time in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn’t say he looks great. But this guy deserves credit. The game looks to have slowed down for him. All those times he seemed to be in the right spot and he couldn’t make a play on the last couple years... he seems to be making plays on now. Hopefully he just keeps getting better and better. But glad to see he doesn’t look like a failed pick like he was heading to.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Darron Lee's rankings among LBs this season:

82.3 coverage grade (3rd of 72)

75.2 passer rating allowed (5th of 69)

3 interceptions (1st)

All great. But I'd like to see him become a complete LB and make some plays that aren't in coverage as well. But at this stage of the season... I'm very happy with what I've seen from him.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

All great. But I'd like to see him become a complete LB and make some plays that aren't in coverage as well. But at this stage of the season... I'm very happy with what I've seen from him.

As long as he's kept clean he has been making plays in the run game too.  It's when he gets caught in traffic and lost in zone where he struggles.  He was so raw coming out lets just hope he continues to build on his progress.  In a passing league though I'm very happy to have a LB who can cover.

Archived