The backup QB debate: Manuel vs Cook

RaidersAreOne

QB #2 Debate: Manuel vs Cook  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our #2 QB this year?

I think EJ will be the primary backup simply due to his experience and time in the league.  However, I think Cook outplayed him against the Rams and could still become the primary backup if he plays well the rest of preseason.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Your opinion, he's better than Cook and Manuel.

If he was he would be on a roster.  The dude is straight garbage and belongs in the unemployment line, right where he is.  Terrible, low IQ, wanna be QB, who is nothing more than an athlete.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If he was he would be on a roster.  The dude is straight garbage and belongs in the unemployment line, right where he is.  Terrible, low IQ, wanna be QB, who is nothing more than an athlete.  

That athlete had a better season last year then half the backups currently employed in the NFL have ever had. 

We all know why he isn't on a roster. Don't try and lie like its his play on the field why he isn't employed when guys like Ryan Mallet, Fitzpatrick, Cardale Jones, Kellen Clemmens, Sanchez etc all have jobs.

I think LeSean McCoy said it best.  His talent level is not good enough to compensate for the extra media attention he'll garner.  Whether garnering that attention is right or not is a different debate probably not meant for FF.  Its sort of like Tebow in a way.  Then again Tebow was even worse of a player.

12 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

That athlete had a better season last year then half the backups currently employed in the NFL have ever had. 

We all know why he isn't on a roster. Don't try and lie like its his play on the field why he isn't employed when guys like Ryan Mallet, Fitzpatrick, Cardale Jones, Kellen Clemmens, Sanchez etc all have jobs.

Hahaha all lame excuses.  If Tom Brady in his prime had taken a knee and then was cut he would be snatched off of wavers in 2 seconds.  

Kap is absolutely terrible in the pocket and teams would have to completely alter their playbook if he is inserted into a game.  Those are the main reasons why he is still unemployed.  The 49ers had to dumb down their playbook for him and my guess is that was because Kap lacks intelligence.  The guy is a  garbage QB just like Tebow, nothing more nothing less.   

After pre-season week one I went with Cook. Now I'm not so sure. They are both pretty mediocre when it comes to back ups. I think Cook with time could develop into a competent back-up in the NFL, but he's not ready yet.

Honestly I'd keep them both on the 53, and each week they battle in practice to see who gets the nod if SHTF.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hahaha all lame excuses.  If Tom Brady in his prime had taken a knee and then was cut he would be snatched off of wavers in 2 seconds.  

Kap is absolutely terrible in the pocket and teams would have to completely alter their playbook if he is inserted into a game.  Those are the main reasons why he is still unemployed.  The 49ers had to dumb down their playbook for him and my guess is that was because Kap lacks intelligence.  The guy is a  garbage QB just like Tebow, nothing more nothing less.   

Lmao did you really just use an example with the GOAT QB? Not a good example.

And it's not excuses, it's facts. Kap, with his limitations, is a better player than half these "good old boys" who have jobs. Matt "pick six" Schuab, Landry Jones, Paxton Lynch, Geno Smith - the list goes on and on of player's who have jobs who have put absolutely far worse tape out there than Kap. I don't really value your opinion much as a poster and it's clear you have an agenda, so we'll end it here.

Archived