2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

That time of the year with NFL/CFB season around the corner, we can discuss the future of the team, prospects and Needs right in here.

I think it’s obvious as of now but our biggest needs are OL and Edge and it isn’t really close but another position I’m looking at is ILB, Lee just hasn’t developed the way we needed him to and I wouldn’t be surprised if we looked to go in a different direction.

fav prospects as of right now:

EDGE Nick Bosa

OT Jonah Williams

OT Trey Adams

OT Greg Little

WR AJ Brown

WR N’Keal Harry

RB Rodney Anderson

RB LJ Scott

EDGE Joe Jackson 

EDGE Brian Burns

EDGE Porter Gustin

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I also like Oliver from Houston 

Not that he’s a bad player by any means (most likely a top 3 prospect in the draft) we’re shored up at the 5Tech with Williams and Shepherd looking good so far. If we do go Defense the only position we should be looking at is Edge rusher, we need one as bad as we need OL help and we haven had a legit edge presence since John Abraham which needs to change with the way the league is now.

• 2 weeks later...

As of 8/28/18:

(Edge)

Nick Bosa, Ohio State - Full package with power drive.

Clelin Ferrell, Clemson - Not fast but full package with excellent shoulder to shoulder contest.

Anthony Nelson, Iowa - If he stays leaner for NFL career.  Unless he runs ridiculous 4.5 in 40 yard dash he may be better version of Sheldon Richardson.

Jalen Jelks, Oregon - Featured as one of front 3 DL. Has open space speed and tackling ability. Pass rushing skills as Edge are up in the air. 

(WR)

Parris Campbell, Ohio State - Just in case if Bates runs a full horizontal offense.  Perfect fit right there.

David Sills, West Virginia - Has everything but route running (limit to Air Raid).

(OL)

Anyone, really.  Walter's football site has notes for preseason measurements on OL.  Check them out.

(TE)

Not look yet.

(S)

Not look yet.

(ILB)

Devin White, LSU - Right now, he could be number one ILB in last 10 years (draft standpoint). Umm.

Germaine Pratt, NCST - He wasn't that bad behind top DL last year but this year will be a good test for him with different DL.

(CB)

Trayvon Mullen, Clemson - has exciting tools to be a complete CB. Received 2nd round grade last year. College QBs are scared of him.

Let's hope options remain unchanged in April 2019. lol.

Our best shot of getting O line & pass rusher help will come from the free agent market. The problem we have in the draft in 2019, is we only have one pick in the first seventy or so picks. That could change if we are able to get at least a second round pick if we trade Bridgewater. As things stand now the FA market is the key to getting at least two players who could help on the O line & a pass rusher. But who really knows, things could change the draft is a long way off.

I really like the OT prospects in this draft. We can really be drafting anywhere in the top 20 and get a top LT in this draft with a good 4-5 very good prospects. It’s the most sure fire position in the draft. Edge is a question mark outside of Bosa, so I’d rather see us make a trade ASAP or sign a guy in FA for that position. Another position I’d like tos we ya look at in FA is WR. Enunwa is a FA as well as Kearse and Pryor. So WR will be a need with guys like Hansen, Stewart, etc showing nothing. Apparently Macc can’t draft WRs so I’d like to see us get one in FA. And I’m always pro giving Bell his money for 3yrs. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I really like the OT prospects in this draft. We can really be drafting anywhere in the top 20 and get a top LT in this draft with a good 4-5 very good prospects. It’s the most sure fire position in the draft. Edge is a question mark outside of Bosa, so I’d rather see us make a trade ASAP or sign a guy in FA for that position. Another position I’d like tos we ya look at in FA is WR. Enunwa is a FA as well as Kearse and Pryor. So WR will be a need with guys like Hansen, Stewart, etc showing nothing. Apparently Macc can’t draft WRs so I’d like to see us get one in FA. And I’m always pro giving Bell his money for 3yrs. 

Resign Enunwa

Sign Dante Fowler, Jake Fisher and Ali Marpet(move him or Long to OG)

Draft AJ Brown and prosper

ILB Devin White, LSU.

WR A.J. Brown, Ole Miss.

It is really really sad to think about Jets not drafting either one in 1st.  Should I root for any situation that makes either prospect an utmost 1st round target for Jets? eh?

Any another prospect with color name stands out? umm!

Wow... Clayton Thorsen played last weekend and Carson Wentz isn't cleared to do anything on field.  Amazing!

Anyway, I look around NCAA for qb. I get to say that Bills are lucky to have Josh Allen. lol.  I have no idea which 2019 qb would be ours if Jets didn't draft 1st round qb last April.  2 or 3 qbs look good but they need a lot of time to get ready for NFL.