2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

One doesn't make the other right... but the fact that we went right after Barr makes me think we'd rather Allen to Bosa. Bc Allen is more that role.

Ive said all along I'd rather Allen. I see a poor man's Mack in him. If he could add some more strength I'd value him even more.

We were interested in Flowers as much as anyone, and he compares most to Bosa.

I think with the choice between Bosa and Allen, I'd go with Allen.  I think he fits the system Williams wants to run better.  The attempt to sign Barr tells me that Williams wants versatility so that the O never quite knows what any guy is gonna do.  Allen is right up there as a pass rusher with Bosa right now, though he isn't as technical he is as effective and has a higher ceiling if he can round out his repertoire.  Add in that he is actually pretty great at dropping back in coverage for a guy of his size.  There is tape of him breaking up passes 30 years down field in coverage on TE's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I think with the choice between Bosa and Allen, I'd go with Allen.  I think he fits the system Williams wants to run better.  The attempt to sign Barr tells me that Williams wants versatility so that the O never quite knows what any guy is gonna do.  Allen is right up there as a pass rusher with Bosa right now, though he isn't as technical he is as effective and has a higher ceiling if he can round out his repertoire.  Add in that he is actually pretty great at dropping back in coverage for a guy of his size.  There is tape of him breaking up passes 30 years down field in coverage on TE's.

We keep forgetting that we were just as interested in Trey Flowers as we were Barr, if not more. They are looking for pass rush talent period. That will be the main factor in Bosa vs. Allen.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

We keep forgetting that we were just as interested in Trey Flowers as we were Barr, if not more. They are looking for pass rush talent period. That will be the main factor in Bosa vs. Allen.

For sure pass rush ability is paramount, but like i said i think they are neck and neck in that regard.  But Allen has the higher ceiling and the added versatility.  

I won't be picky with whom Jets will take in 1st.   Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell or even Rashard Gary in 1st will work.

Granted, all of them are different animals but at least Gregg Williams and Jets get promising pass rusher. 

18 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I won't be picky with whom Jets will take in 1st.   Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell or even Rashard Gary in 1st will work.

Granted, all of them are different animals but at least Gregg Williams and Jets get promising pass rusher. 

I thought for sure we’d pick up a pass rusher and center in free agency and didn’t even think that an ILB was a possibility  (never mind making him the highest paid payer at his position). So I have no idea of what Mac will do in the draft. At least 4, possibly all 6, of the guys you mentioned will be available to us but Mac taking a DT, DB, ILB or WR wouldn’t surprise me.

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I honestly believe we’ll move down, makes too much sense and given that it looks to be really only 2 somewhat sure fire guys at QB I’m sure we’ll be able to find a partner.

Disagree. A lot can happen. Rosen might get traded to a team that wanted to trade up. We pretty much know Murray is going 1. So it’s really just someone moving up for Haskins. A team can go to 2 and eliminate us from that optionnfor a QB trade up. Maybe a team traded up for an edge or Q... but I doubt it

Rashad Gary visiting us, been hot and Cold on him in the past but as of now I want no part of him seems to be the classic Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane type of player. If you guys have the time watch PFF’s breakdown of him on YouTube, it’s a good watch.

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Disagree. A lot can happen. Rosen might get traded to a team that wanted to trade up. We pretty much know Murray is going 1. So it’s really just someone moving up for Haskins. A team can go to 2 and eliminate us from that optionnfor a QB trade up. Maybe a team traded up for an edge or Q... but I doubt it

I mean there’s still plenty of teams in need of a QB Giants, Denver, Redskins, Miami, and Cincy are in need of QB’s and could all be willing to move up. Yes the 49ers could look to move down or stay put but we don’t know.

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Rashad Gary visiting us, been hot and Cold on him in the past but as of now I want no part of him seems to be the classic Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane type of player. If you guys have the time watch PFF’s breakdown of him on YouTube, it’s a good watch.

Ya it is pretty bad.  Honestly I don't understand the appeal other than the fact that the dude ran fast.