2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Montez Sweat's heart condition is a bad news for him but if he indeed slides out of 1st then should Jets fork over next year's 1st round pick to Cardinals to get Sweat?  Bosa or Allen and Sweat at the tandem. yummy!

I’ve read team say it’s such a minor condition that it won’t affect his stock 

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

DK Metcalf could work there if he is legitimately top 5 prospect.  Devin White could be there had they not signed Kwon Alexander.  49ers have been toying about upgrading DL with either Quinnen Williams (Armstead outside) or Nick Bosa(Armstead inside).  

That's all I think of. Not much of going on for them.

It would be Thomas outside and Q inside with Armstead or Bosa outside with Thomas inside with Armstead most likely.

Ideally they take Q and pair him with Armstead who is very good in his own right forming the best interior DL in the NFL with Ford and Thomas on the edge.  That DL is insanely good if they did that.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve read team say it’s such a minor condition that it won’t affect his stock 

Some think he will fall. Some think it won't affect him at all.   I merely made the "what if" notion with Sweat being available entering 2nd round. In that case, I will do it without a hesitation.

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It would be Thomas outside and Q inside with Armstead or Bosa outside with Thomas inside with Armstead most likely.

Ideally they take Q and pair him with Armstead who is very good in his own right forming the best interior DL in the NFL with Ford and Thomas on the edge.  That DL is insanely good if they did that.

Don't you mean DeForest Buckner, their star DL?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Some think he will fall. Some think it won't affect him at all.   I merely made the "what if" notion with Sweat being available entering 2nd round. In that case, I will do it without a hesitation.

I wouldn't trade our 1st next year for Sweat though if he fell that far.  We could easily be picking top 10 again.  If we were a playoff team maybe you risk it but we are far from that.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I wouldn't trade our 1st next year for Sweat though if he fell that far.  We could easily be picking top 10 again.  If we were a playoff team maybe you risk it but we are far from that.

Is that how you think of Jets? f659678ca66294c48b7a957a9f1ad23d.gif

Anyway,  I personally think Sweat is a top 10 material so that is why I have no problem what that trade.  It could make sense not forking over next year's 1st round pick if he was worthy of top 20 or 25. Do you think he is outside top 15?

21 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Is that how you think of Jets? f659678ca66294c48b7a957a9f1ad23d.gif

Anyway,  I personally think Sweat is a top 10 material so that is why I have no problem what that trade.  It could make sense not forking over next year's 1st round pick if he was worthy of top 20 or 25. Do you think he is outside top 15?

It is unfortunately.  I've watched the Jets too long.

If he falls to round 2 then there is a reason and it's a big risk to draft him.  If it's not a big deal his condition he won't be there round 2.

Thus I prefer not to trade away a future 1st that could be top 10 for a risky pick with a heart condition

7 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Assuming Murray does go 1.  Williams makes so much sense for San Fran with what they already have.  I do believe we will be left with a choice between Bosa and Allen. 

I don't see it that way.  If Murray goes #1 I think SF takes Bosa instantly.  They have Defo who is a monster, Thomas who is being played out of position on the outside, he is really more of a 3 tech 1 gap penetrator, and Arik Armstead who is also an inside guy.  They are pretty flush on inside guys, and had a huge need on the edge.  Dee Ford helps there but i think he ends up playing more of a pass rushing OLBer role there than a DE role (kind of the same in reality).  That leaves the other side, which is where i think they want Bosa.  Quinnen is best playing right up the middle and they have 3 guys there already.  

I still think at 3 it comes down to Q vs Allen vs possible trade back.  I'm torn between all 3.  I think i favor trade back because we need so much, but it would be hard for me to be angry with either Allen or Q if we don't have a trade back partner.  I think Q is the better player but Allen is really good and plays a massive position of need.