2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Honestly Macc has always navigated the draft by selecting the BPA in round 1, then addressing current and future needs throughout the rest of the draft. 

If I'm running the draft, I'm going BPA throughout. 

You're going to have an excellent stable of EDGEs at your disposal at #3, so you're filling a need while drafting the BPA which is great. From there, I'd consider almost every position other than QB/S. Honestly, if Miles Sanders or Justice Hill are there towards the end of round 3 I'm still taking them even with Bell in the fold. Again, add the best players first, figure out where to play them later. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Honestly Macc has always navigated the draft by selecting the BPA in round 1, then addressing current and future needs throughout the rest of the draft. 

If I'm running the draft, I'm going BPA throughout. 

You're going to have an excellent stable of EDGEs at your disposal at #3, so you're filling a need while drafting the BPA which is great. From there, I'd consider almost every position other than QB/S. Honestly, if Miles Sanders or Justice Hill are there towards the end of round 3 I'm still taking them even with Bell in the fold. Again, add the best players first, figure out where to play them later. 

Nah b. You don't bring on Bell to draft an upside at RB. With the pieces we have not were making a window and we're just a few pieces short. If we get a pass rusher and an OL (one elite and one starting) then we're cooking with fire. You only go full BPA when you're beginning a  rebuild. We're looking at the tail-end IMO. One maybe two more seasons until were eyeing an SB run.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Till we get a C I’m really gonna dig into this C draft class to see which guys I like.

Garrett Bradbury, there ya go you can stop looking now lol.  He is a stud.  My idea plan would be to trade back with the giants and get 6 and 17 and take him at 17.  And we have a C for the next decade.  

As  we stand now we are very thin on the O line. Shell had a serious injury ,  not sure when he will be  ready. I would think that getting a center is a top priority for Macc. I doubt Macc we use our third overall pick to take a offensive tackle. It is going to be a task to build the line by opening day.

16 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Best Center in this draft will be Dalton Risner.  Hasnt played the position since he was a freshman, but his skillset is built for elite center.

I like him. He has tools and probably will need to move inside anyways. Jets need Pollack to develop the new center. I personally hope this draft is predominately OL and Pass rushers with maybe a receiver thrown in. Jets are very weak on the OL still. 

11 hours ago, Bianconero said:

EDGE at 3 and OL/WR/CBs to end the draft

Exactly.  Really don't want to trade down now after getting Osemele, Bell and Crowder.  We have a superstar RB, franchise QB, TE, deep threat, reliable #2/3, slot WR.  The best thing would be adding a superstar on the edge like Allen or Bosa.  Really want to trade Lee and get a 3/4.

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Exactly.  Really don't want to trade down now after getting Osemele, Bell and Crowder.  We have a superstar RB, franchise QB, TE, deep threat, reliable #2/3, slot WR.  The best thing would be adding a superstar on the edge like Allen or Bosa.  Really want to trade Lee and get a 3/4.

We still have TONS of holes.  We need a C, 2 edge rushers, we could use another WR, we could use another RB, we need a developmental OT or a flat out Beachum replacement, we could use a potential ugrade for Shell, We need a 2nd TE, we could use another D lineman at this point. 

That is a lot of needs for a team that has already spent a fair amount in FA, and has a 1st and then nothing till the 3rd round.  I feel like moving back 3-5 spots we could still get a top notch player and then get another in the mid first early 2nd.