2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

However, if we were able to move down a few spots and grab Sweat and a 2nd round C, wouldn't that be more beneficial than just Allen/Bosa?  I do not think Sweat is that much of a drop off to Allen/Bosa.  Keep in mind the reason the Browns are seemingly ahead of us in their rebuild is because they made the trade downs in previous years to stockpile picks.  We are just starting.  Of course, this assumes we draft good football players.

They're ahead of us bc they've addressed offensive skill positions with trades or valuable picks. They also have used valuable picks on edge rushers not DLineman and LBs. Really comes down that they've drafted better than us and have pulled off some trades to help their QB. We've made some good moves this off season with Bell, Osemele and Crowder, but we still need more. I will ask a a question and I'll be interest to see what I get as a response. Who would you rather...

Bell, Robby, Crowder, Q, Burnett, Bellamy Herndon, McGuire?

or

Chubb, OBJ, Landry, Callaway, Higgins, Njoku, Johnson

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They're ahead of us bc they've addressed offensive skill positions with trades or valuable picks. They also have used valuable picks on edge rushers not DLineman and LBs. Really comes down that they've drafted better than us and have pulled off some trades to help their QB. We've made some good moves this off season with Bell, Osemele and Crowder, but we still need more. I will ask a a question and I'll be interest to see what I get as a response. Who would you rather...

or

if you factor Hunt in with the Browns its hard to pick any other team's weapons over them. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

or

Honestly, I like our guys better.  From a talent standpoint Cleveland's WR are much better - no doubt.  But I would worry about what OBJ and Landry will do to Darnold's head.  I think our RB's and TE are better at the moment.  Some people said the Jets are dysfunctional.  Maybe so, but adding players that throw hissy fits on the sideline certainly will not remove that stigma.

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

or

I’d take the Browns offensive weapons over any other team right now if I’m honest. 

Hunt-Johnson-Chubb-Njoku-OBJ-Landry-Calloway-Higgins 

It’s like a Madden cheat! Ridiculous level of talent. Credit the Browns for some great moves in FA,Draft and trades. They will win the AFC North if healthy the year IMO

Edited by xenajets

30 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Browns have the edge at WR but we have better RB and TE. 

OL will be the difference as well as how Darnold meshes with Gase. We’ve already seen Mayfield with Kitchens.

I'm looking forward to a Jets-Browns rivalry for years to come. The AFC landscape is gonna look a lot different going forward.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

or

Browns skills easily. Not even close honestly.

21 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Browns skills easily. Not even close honestly.

I think it is a little close.  It's clear the browns may have the best weapons in the game but it's closer then people think.

I think honestly think Herndon is going to be better than Njoku and no that's not being a homer, honest opinion.

OBJ is obviously way better than any WR we have but I think Anderson Landry, Q and Crowder are all kind of close.  I think you could say after OBJ we have the 3 of the next 4 best WR's.  I know Landry has 2 1k season but that was him being force fed for 2 years in MIA.  I mean he had 160+ targets 2 seasons in MIA.  You extrapolate that for Anderson and he is an 1,100 yard WR too.    

Bell is the best of the RB bunch even though they have two guys really close in Chubb/Hunt.

Point is while yes CLE is clearly better we have more than enough to compete at a high level.

Bosa’s injuries Scare me. I would go Quinnen or Allen ahead of Bosa. Both of those guys have tremendous upside and are versatile. Quinnen can play anything from the 1-tech to the 5-tech. He can get after the passer and stop the run. And he is durable. Allen can rush the passer and drop back. Play edge in the 3-4 or 4-3. He needs a bit more development but he has been durable. 

If I’m Macc, stay put and go Quinnen or Allen. We need high end talent. If we get Houston, then Quinnen. Otherwise I would go Allen based on need.

One doesn't make the other right... but the fact that we went right after Barr makes me think we'd rather Allen to Bosa. Bc Allen is more that role.

Ive said all along I'd rather Allen. I see a poor man's Mack in him. If he could add some more strength I'd value him even more.

Bosa's injury concern can't be ignored.  I think he may be the slightly safer prospect over Allen but I watched that PSU bowl game and he flat out wrecked the game.  

I think we want Jenkins to man the strong side and we want a true "LEO" (hence why we went for Barr) to play the rush end.  I think Allen is the pick which is exactly who I want.