2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

I don't care about whether or not Adam Gase supposed to not value Center.   It is on Mike Maccagnan.  Under his watch, Center has been one of the worst position since Nick Mangold was released. Developmental center and cheap route have not paid off for Macc.  And now, Jets have Sam Darnold and Le'veon Bell in the backfield so it will be damned if Macc repeats the unworkable methods.  Go after an immediate Center.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I don't care about whether or not Adam Gase supposed to not value Center.   It is on Mike Maccagnan.  Under his watch, Center has been one of the worst position since Nick Mangold was released. Developmental center and cheap route have not paid off for Macc.  And now, Jets have Sam Darnold and Le'veon Bell in the backfield so it will be damned if Macc repeats the unworkable methods.  Go after an immediate Center.

I agree.

I’m higher on Macc then most and think he can ultimately end up being a good GM if he continues learning from his mistakes. That being said, his singular worst roster mismanagement has been at offensive line. The lack of draft capital spent there during his tenure has been inexcusable.

I don’t know if it’s a roster building philosophy of his or what, but it needs to change during this years draft. It’s obvious that Macc seems to think it’s better/easier to build the OL through trades and FA signings rather then drafting and developing.

Edited by BlaZeN37

1 hour ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I agree.

I’m higher on Macc then most and think he can ultimately end up being a good GM if he continues learning from his mistakes. That being said, his singular worst roster mismanagement has been at offensive line. The lack of draft capital spent there during his tenure has been inexcusable.

I don’t know if it’s a roster building philosophy of his or what, but it needs to change during this years draft. It’s obvious that Macc seems to think it’s better/easier to build the OL through trades and FA signings rather then drafting and developing.

Umm what has a he done so far that's shown he's learned from any mistakes?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

If Jets get Michael Jordan in 3rd, should they put him in Center despite he prefers to play G? 

Yeah, because F his feelings. lol 

Seriously, that's a tough one because he could become Winters replacement next season. I haven't had the chance to look up his comments. Did he say he was against playing center or just likes OG more?

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, because F his feelings. lol 

Seriously, that's a tough one because he could become Winters replacement next season. I haven't had the chance to look up his comments. Did he say he was against playing center or just likes OG more?

Actually, he said he would want to play G if he came back to OSU. After that, I don't know for sure.  Just in case if he means it anywhere.  

Ya until Macc drafts better its hard for me to praise him. After all that's how you build a team. You look at his successful draft picks and they were rather no brainers. Leo fell to him and even at that Leo has been underwhelming. Adams fell in his lap and I can praise him for that bc he's become a difference maker. Maye has talent... but seems to struggle with health. Also there were several other players that he could have taken there. And trading up for to 3 was a good move (I wont say trading up for Darnold bc that's not what Macc did, he traded to that spot not knowing who would be there but liked 3 of the QBs apparently). Yes Darnold falling to us was great, but it just could have easily been us drafting Josh Allen there. Hard to pat him on the back for that move bc the Giants were idiots.

Another thing that bugs me with Macc is him trading back when good players are there. And not trading up for a guy that he knows has value. He's had 2 trade ups if I recall and that was for Bryce Petty and Brandon Shell. He's also traded back several times with good talent on the board if we just stayed put.

Thinking he magically will draft better after 4 bad drafts is incredibly optimistic. If you think he will that's like a gf cheating on you 4 times and still getting back with her thinking she wont a 5th.