2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

So Giants Passing on Darnold and Steelers refusing to pay Bell. 

Damn Macc is a stone cold genius. 

To play devil’s advocate, Jets could’ve stayed at 6 last year and ended up with Josh Allen or Rosen, then settled for Tevin Coleman this offseason. 

I would say the only team that saved us recently from a horrible move were the Vikings. Back to back years.

6 hours ago, DowNY said:

To play devil’s advocate, Jets could’ve stayed at 6 last year and ended up with Josh Allen or Rosen, then settled for Tevin Coleman this offseason. 

I would say the only team that saved us recently from a horrible move were the Vikings. Back to back years.

That’s not devils advocate. 

We all applaud the trade up but we don’t confuse trading up with “trading up for Darnold”

A lot of Macc’s draft success has been luck(which plays a role) but when he has to think for himself he’s failed WAYYYYYYY more times than not.

Edited by KingOfTheDot
My grammar sucks lol

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s not devils advocate. 

We all applaud the trade up but we don’t confuse trading up with “trading up for Darnold”

A lot of Macc’s draft success has been luck(which plays a role) but we have to think for himself he’s failed WAYYYYYYY more times than not.

Exactly. Macc 100% didn’t trade up for Darnold. He traded up for 1 of Darnold, Mayfield or Allen (I think we rated Allen higher than Rosen). He got lucky Darnold fell in his lap. If the NYG weren’t idiots we’d be talking about Josh Allen as our QB and not overly excited about it probably. Still applaud the trade up to make something happen and it did work out. But it was not trading up for a individual player

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Justin Houston is your last hope for landing Metcalf in 1st. lol.

I have a phone number ( 555-2368 ) for ghostbusters on my speed dial so I still go with either Bosa or Allen.

With us at this stage grabbing no edges Id agree. But that can all change. However unlikely. While I do love DK... I was never pro drafting him at 3 all the way. I had 1 mock where I had us drafting him at 3 and everyone blew that up. Reason why I had that, was bc I had us grabbing Hankins at NT and 2 very good edges in FA. Making it to where Allen, Bosa or Quinnen weren't a need at all. And that's why I had us take DK. I'm not singing that tune anymore. Bc we've added no edges. I do think we still add a guy (not sure who yet). But doubt we grab 2 guys enough for me to forget about the position in the draft. So If I had to make a mock today I'd have us draft Allen at 3 not Metcalf. I will however say that if we do trade back and Allen and Bosa are gone, I 100% put him back in the conversation. I think Allen and Bosa are superior talents to DK and hit a need for us. But I think if we are truly a BPA team in the top of the draft... if we trade back DK is 100% as good as the likes of Gary, Ferrell, Sweat,etc. So he should join that conversation if we do trade back. But as of now at 3, I don't think he should be a choice.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. Macc 100% didn’t trade up for Darnold. He traded up for 1 of Darnold, Mayfield or Allen (I think we rated Allen higher than Rosen). He got lucky Darnold fell in his lap. If the NYG weren’t idiots we’d be talking about Josh Allen as our QB and not overly excited about it probably. Still applaud the trade up to make something happen and it did work out. But it was not trading up for a individual player

I don't know. Allen looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't be as excited as I am about having Darnold. But Allen can ball. I think he is going to give us issues throughout his career. In hindsight, I would have been ok with Baker, Darnold, or Allen. Either one was worth the 3rd pick. Rosen is TBD. I'll have to see more. Those non mobile QBs worry me. So, he has to show elite level pocket passing for me to have been happy with him. 

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, SDotNova said:

I don't know. Allen looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't be as excited as I am about having Darnold. But Allen can ball. I think he is going to give us issues throughout his career. 

Until he's more accurate I'm not sold on him.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

With us at this stage grabbing no edges Id agree. But that can all change. However unlikely. While I do love DK... I was never pro drafting him at 3 all the way. I had 1 mock where I had us drafting him at 3 and everyone blew that up. Reason why I had that, was bc I had us grabbing Hankins at NT and 2 very good edges in FA. Making it to where Allen, Bosa or Quinnen weren't a need at all. And that's why I had us take DK. I'm not singing that tune anymore. Bc we've added no edges. I do think we still add a guy (not sure who yet). But doubt we grab 2 guys enough for me to forget about the position in the draft. So If I had to make a mock today I'd have us draft Allen at 3 not Metcalf. I will however say that if we do trade back and Allen and Bosa are gone, I 100% put him back in the conversation. I think Allen and Bosa are superior talents to DK and hit a need for us. But I think if we are truly a BPA team in the top of the draft... if we trade back DK is 100% as good as the likes of Gary, Ferrell, Sweat,etc. So he should join that conversation if we do trade back. But as of now at 3, I don't think he should be a choice.

Yeah, it looks like Jets already reserved #3 for top pass rusher.

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with y’all but I don’t think we had 3 QBs in my mind. I think everyone around the league knew the Giants had a hard on for Barkley. Which is why we overpaid for 3. Any team wanting to get the Giants pick would have to overpay because they’d have to top our price and they’d have to overpay for the Giants to not draft Barkley. We played chess while most tv analysts didn’t understand. Think it was Darnold or Baker or bust. Pretty sure we thought we were drafting Baker (Giants weren’t even that connected to him) but the Browns changed everything.

But yeah, I’m not a Mac advocate...trust me I’m not but I can’t front....homie has been trying. If you look at things now....we have a pro bowl safety, Trumaine was supposed to be our franchise CB, Mosley is now supposed to be our franchise ILB, Sam our franchise QB & Bell is now the franchise RB. Those all a lot of major pieces to a team. It’s unfortanute that Trumaine hasn’t worked out as hoped yet but hopefully it changes this season. And hopefully Mosley is worth the money. Those 2 signings are risks but good risks. Now we need a franchise pass rusher and possibly a franchise WR.

Just now, DowNY said:

I agree with y’all but I don’t think we had 3 QBs in my mind. I think everyone around the league knew the Giants had a hard on for Barkley. Which is why we overpaid for 3. Any team wanting to get the Giants pick would have to overpay because they’d have to top our price and they’d have to overpay for the Giants to not draft Barkley. We played chess while most tv analysts didn’t understand. Think it was Darnold or Baker or bust. Pretty sure we thought we were drafting Baker (Giants weren’t even that connected to him) but the Browns changed everything.

More likely 2 qbs when the trade was done. John Dorsey didn't exactly hide his thinking about taking Mayfield.  It was down to Darnold or Allen as top qb with Rosen being a consolation prize.

Still, I can't imagine wrong Josh Allen being a Jet. lol.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Unless we sign Houston and trade for Lawrence. That would be an awful pick IMO at 3.

I agree....we need two edge rushers.

FA- Houston or Ansah 

Trade- Lawerence or Von (if Denver want to come up for a qb) 

Draft- Bosa or Allen. 

Only way I’d be happy drafting Williams at #3 is if we’ve gone Into FA or Traded or a stud rusher. 

Don’t think Macc is at Alabama’s pro day, which I find interesting. Will be even more interesting if he attends Kentucky or Ohio State’s pro day.

I just mentioned this in the contract thread but with Leo in line for a new contract and Anderson getting starter money, I’m not sure how the Jets can justify drafting Quinnen Williams over Allen/Bosa.