2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

3 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Don’t think Macc is at Alabama’s pro day, which I find interesting. Will be even more interesting if he attends Kentucky or Ohio State’s pro day.

I just mentioned this in the contract thread but with Leo in line for a new contract and Anderson getting starter money, I’m not sure how the Jets can justify drafting Quinnen Williams over Allen/Bosa. 

Im a fan of Leonard, but If they don't plan on resigning him or have their doubts about him then I could see Q being an option. 

10 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Don’t think Macc is at Alabama’s pro day, which I find interesting. Will be even more interesting if he attends Kentucky or Ohio State’s pro day.

I just mentioned this in the contract thread but with Leo in line for a new contract and Anderson getting starter money, I’m not sure how the Jets can justify drafting Quinnen Williams over Allen/Bosa. 

True. Let’s also not forget he just used a decently valuable pick on Shepard too.

• Like 1

Mac drafts best player available.

Based on a bunch of draft gurus and nfl analysts, Bosa & Quinnen are on the same tier. Allen right below.

Obviously our board can be totally different but wouldn’t surprise me to see us draft Quinnen if Bosa is gone and we can’t trade down.

Q.Williams is scheduled to come in for a top 30 visit, so I wouldn't look too hard into it. 

I do expect that ultimately, we'll take Bosa/Allen if we can't trade down. Maccagnan has had EDGE on his mind for the past 3 years and both Bosa/Allen are worthy of the 3rd pick, even if Q is slightly more worthy. 

If we do trade down, there are still about 4 other EDGEs I can see us taking in the top 10-15: Brian Burns, Rashan Gary, Clelin Ferrell, Montez Sweat... 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DowNY said:

This is just completely mind numbing that this seems like it is happening.  If you hire an offensive guru of a coach and he can't make it work with a blue chip QB prospect that is still super young then he isn't much of a guru.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

This is just completely mind numbing that this seems like it is happening.  If you hire an offensive guru of a coach and he can't make it work with a blue chip QB prospect that is still super young then he isn't much of a guru.  

KK was prepared to draw up the offense that would work with Josh Rosen but Kyler Murray's declaration for NFL changed everything.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

KK was prepared to draw up the offense that would work with Josh Rosen but Kyler Murray's declaration for NFL changed everything.

It's still not how you run a team, they aren't going to come close at all to being able to recoup the draft capital they spent on Rosen, all to probably not get an upgrade at the most important position.  Lets say they get a 2nd rounder in return for Rosen...... they would be giving the #10 pick in the draft away for a 2nd rounder for the right to take a different QB..... A QB who is imo is a better athlete but isn't nearly as far along as a QB as Rosen is.

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

It's still not how you run a team, they aren't going to come close at all to being able to recoup the draft capital they spent on Rosen, all to probably not get an upgrade at the most important position.  Lets say they get a 2nd rounder in return for Rosen...... they would be giving the #10 pick in the draft away for a 2nd rounder for the right to take a different QB..... A QB who is imo is a better athlete but isn't nearly as far along as a QB as Rosen is.

Just cause in your opinion Murray isn’t as far along as Rosen doesn’t mean KK and the organization feel the same way.

Sure Cardinals used some assets for Rosen last year but if they feel Murray is a better fit to run their franchise then you draft him and worry about Rosen’s compensation after. They settled for Rosen anyway. They wanted Josh Allen but wanted a young QB to sell to their fan base, so they got Rosen before Miami got him. So to give up on a QB that you liked by didn’t have the major hots for is believeable.

37 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Just cause in your opinion Murray isn’t as far along as Rosen doesn’t mean KK and the organization feel the same way.

Sure Cardinals used some assets for Rosen last year but if they feel Murray is a better fit to run their franchise then you draft him and worry about Rosen’s compensation after. They settled for Rosen anyway. They wanted Josh Allen but wanted a young QB to sell to their fan base, so they got Rosen before Miami got him. So to give up on a QB that you liked by didn’t have the major hots for is believeable.

I think it is pretty widely accepted that Murray isn't as far along as Rosen, it would be hard to expect him to be since he was also dedicating so much time to baseball.  From the sounds of it he didn't have great whiteboard sessions.  Rosen certainly has his downsides but his knowledge of the game isn't one of them.  I'm not saying Murray can't surpass Rosen at some point but that is a lot of conjecture to waste so many resources.  

5 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I think it is pretty widely accepted that Murray isn't as far along as Rosen, it would be hard to expect him to be since he was also dedicating so much time to baseball.  From the sounds of it he didn't have great whiteboard sessions.  Rosen certainly has his downsides but his knowledge of the game isn't one of them.  I'm not saying Murray can't surpass Rosen at some point but that is a lot of conjecture to waste so many resources.  

Even after he acknowledged the intention to play football Murray isn't right there in the crowd of 2018's top qb class by scouting standard.  KK happens to like Murray that much. I know drafting qb in 1st back to back drafts is horrible at all ends but that is Cardinals' problem. lol.

46 minutes ago, DowNY said:

More & more mocks starting to have Bosa going to the Jets

Assuming Murray does go 1.  Williams makes so much sense for San Fran with what they already have.  I do believe we will be left with a choice between Bosa and Allen. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Assuming Murray does go 1.  Williams makes so much sense for San Fran with what they already have.  I do believe we will be left with a choice between Bosa and Allen. 

I think you are right.

It would be an insanely tough choice but I think I'd take the risk on Allen over Bosa.

I truly think Allen in the next Mack-like game wrecker and would be perfect for our 34 defense.

• Like 2