2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

The only other 2 things Baker did was bench and Broad.  He benched 14 which i could do right now and i haven't benched in 5 years, and his broad was sub 10'.  37th percentile in 40, 43rd in bench, and 26th in broad, not great.  

You must be having 20 inch arm length, eh?    Anyway, I spoke of drills. I heard he was outstanding in drills.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You must be having 20 inch arm length, eh?    Anyway, I spoke of drills. I heard he was outstanding in drills.

He did move well in drills.  I am not saying he is a bad player, actually he has pretty good tape.  But if he is a bad locker room guy who also isn't going to work at his craft and he isn't a freak athlete those are all bad things.  

Like 33 inch arms... just used to do a lot of bench because i was an idiot lol... used to specifically work on seeing how many i could do of 225 because i liked the combine, my best was 29.  

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not at all. Look at his track record with CBs 

Forget his track record. He never drafted CB in 1st round so far I am aware of. He only drafted CB after 1st round because he had habit of drafting CB for specific job. A very few of them could extend themselves to different roles next year and after that in their respective time.  In Baker's case, he is potentially above average in many coverage tasks so for 1st round consideration, I can see BB take him and try it for 8 year commitment.  With that regard, we should respect BB's opinion for Baker.

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Forget his track record. He never drafted CB in 1st round so far I am aware of. He only drafted CB after 1st round because he had habit of drafting CB for specific job. A very few of them could extend themselves to different roles next year and after that in their respective time.  In Baker's case, he is potentially above average in many coverage tasks so for 1st round consideration, I can see BB take him and try it for 8 year commitment.  With that regard, we should respect BB's opinion for Baker.

False. In the last 9 drafts he’s used 9 1st or 2nd rounders on his secondary. And really not a single name to speak of.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

False. In the last 9 drafts he’s used 9 1st or 2nd rounders on his secondary. And really not a single name to speak of.

Patriots only took Devin McCourty (successful) and Brandon Meriweather (questionable) in 1st round.  Both are Safeties.  No Cornerback is taken in 1st ever under BB with Patriots.  

Edited by JetsandI

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Patriots only took Devin McCourty (successful) and Brandon Meriweather (questionable) in 1st round.  Both are Safeties.  No Cornerback is taken in 1st ever under BB with Patriots.  

Wasn’t McCourty drafted as a Corner and then converted to a Safety?

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

The other thing about BB liking a guy with questionable character concerns is that they just look at the player and think that their environment/locker room can cure everything.... they seem to forget that they had a mass murderer in their midst. 

10 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

The other thing about BB liking a guy with questionable character concerns is that they just look at the player and think that their environment/locker room can cure everything.... they seem to forget that they had a mass murderer in their midst. 

1 rotten apple out of the bunch. Who’s the 2nd worst Patriot during his era? 

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

1 rotten apple out of the bunch. Who’s the 2nd worst Patriot during his era? 

Albert Haynesworth was still a shlub once he got there, Josh Gordon still got suspended, ocho cinco pretty much stayed the same.  I wasn't saying they are all killers, but their culture doesn't always fix all problems, but they think it does.

6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Albert Haynesworth was still a shlub once he got there, Josh Gordon still got suspended, ocho cinco pretty much stayed the same.  I wasn't saying they are all killers, but their culture doesn't always fix all problems, but they think it does.

None of them are homegrown. He took fliers on them 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

2nd rounders that he countinously spent on the secondary are just getting pushed to the side as if they’re not valuable picks now?