2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

31 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I really don't think that is in his skill set.  He is at his best shooting gaps on the interior of the line.  

Yeah, I agree. I think you can play him at DT and move him to DE in certain sets, but I’m not having him take his hand out of the dirt. 

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah. For top 10 pick, I won't ask him to drop some weight for the sake of rushing OLB.   However, wide 9 format isn't out of question for him. He is clearly quicker and faster than Sheldon Richardson.

I just don't think it will be something he is good at.  He has never really been asked to bend the corner, it would be a complete projection.  Just because he ran ok doesn't mean he will be good at it.  He is however good at rushing up the middle.  Lets also not forget that this is a pro day time and he didn't run at the combine.  Combine times are always a fair bit slower...  If he ran at the combine he maybe comes it at like 4.79 or so, and now he is a few hundreths away from Quinnen who has 20lbs on him.  Olivers entire claim to be a top 10 pick was pure athleticism and now he isn't much faster than a bigger guy who is technically amazing.

22 hours ago, Dr.O said:

If we don’t go Edge 1st round some later guys I love are Joe Jackson, D’Andre Walker, Oshane Ximines, and Chase Winovich

Feeling more and more confident that Winovich sneaks into the late 1st.  Ran a great 40, and has an insane motor.  

Saw Chris Simms edge rankings and all I can say is thank god he isn’t our GM, he went Bosa, Gary, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Furgeson, Ferrell. I’m sorry but I don’t get how you can put Furgeson over Ferrell or Gary over Allen, Sweat, or Burns. My edge rankings would be Bosa, Allen, Burns, Sweat, Ferrell, Polite, Winovich, Jackson, Gary, Walker