Sign in to follow this  
Dr.O

2019 prospects and outlook

For me Q us not an option at all for us. We have Leo and just gave Anderson a contract (in which he deserved). Q is not a NT, he's a 3-4 DE not NT. If Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2 (which I think 100% wont happen)… I want us to draft Jawaan Taylor or Montez Sweat.

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For me Q us not an option at all for us. We have Leo and just gave Anderson a contract (in which he deserved). Q is not a NT, he's a 3-4 DE not NT. If Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2 (which I think 100% wont happen)… I want us to draft Jawaan Taylor or Montez Sweat.

Q played a ton of NT at Bama and it might have been his most disruptive spot, you kind him up at Nose and let him play Nose or 3T in sub(Ala Suh/Jay Ratliff). We also have to keep the Leo contract in mind, Jets might not want to pay Leo the money he wants and it might be a better play to get his replacement now than wait for him to leave or get traded.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

You would be ridiculously over drafting sweat or taylor. Would much rather have Burns than either. Whoever gets burns out of top 5 is going to get an absolute steal. 

36 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You would be ridiculously over drafting sweat or taylor. Would much rather have Burns than either. Whoever gets burns out of top 5 is going to get an absolute steal. 

I'm a Burns fan myself.

My only issue with Burns is his weight.  Is he going to be able to keep the weight up to handle NFL OL?  I would hate to draft another Mingo, Shane Ray, Maybin, etc.

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

My only issue with Burns is his weight.  Is he going to be able to keep the weight up to handle NFL OL?  I would hate to draft another Mingo, Shane Ray, Maybin, etc.

Align him to find soft spots for now. Within 3 years, he will be a complete Edge.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Leo at 3T and QWill at 1T is going to be tough to block. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

On 4/4/2019 at 7:10 AM, xrade said:

Has anyone applied the Waldo formula to this years crop of EL's?

I don’t have the 10 second splits for twitch but to be a low risk the player would need under a 7 sec 3 cone. The only one to do that was Chase.

the explosive low risk is simply (vert + (3.5*broad (in feet)) / (Wgt/height (in feet))/3000. Both Oliver 1.08 and Gary, 1.07 are low risk by my calculations.

47 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Leo at 3T and QWill at 1T is going to be tough to block. 

Just don’t see unless he’s Aaron Donald how he’s worth ignoring other guys to draft him. Leo was drafted at 6 and hasn’t been worth that pick. Never mind Q at 3. He’d have to be pretty much better than Donald to have that pick make sense. And that’s just very optimistic to think he’d even come close to Donald level.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just don’t see unless he’s Aaron Donald how he’s worth ignoring other guys to draft him. Leo was drafted at 6 and hasn’t been worth that pick. Never mind Q at 3. He’d have to be pretty much better than Donald to have that pick make sense. And that’s just very optimistic to think he’d even come close to Donald level.

He's got the best film in this draft. 

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a ridiculously high standard, are you kidding me. If he turns into Gerald McCoy/Geno Atkins then he’s worth the pick. 

So by that logic, Josh Allen would have to be better then Von Miller to be worth that pick huh?

Edited by BlaZeN37

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's the closest thing to Donald to come out in recent memory.

However the dropoff from him to Allen is minimal and one fills a bigger need. I can't really justify Q > Allen at this point.

22 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

He's the closest thing to Donald to come out in recent memory.

However the dropoff from him to Allen is minimal and one fills a bigger need. I can't really justify Q > Allen at this point.

I’d take either, that’s more of that point for me personally. I think they both along with Bosa make us better. I was against Q because I didn’t want another interior DL but dude is a monster.

1 hour ago, BlaZeN37 said:

That’s a ridiculously high standard, are you kidding me. If he turns into Gerald McCoy/Geno Atkins then he’s worth the pick. 

So by that logic, Josh Allen would have to be better then Von Miller to be worth that pick huh?

Not not at all. Bc we need an edge. We don’t need a 3-4 DE. So to ignore great talents at a need for a luxury. The guy better be so incredible it’s ridiculous.

IMO it’s the people saying Q should be drafted in essence saying that if the BPA this year was a S... that he should be the pick just bc he’s BPA. It’s just so far from a need.

8 hours ago, xrade said:

I can see the fear about Burns.  But he looks more complete than those guys. He’s so explosive off the snap that he disrupts the running game by always being in the back field.  Plus he’s more than just a speed rusher. He has a handful of pass rush moves. Probably only Bosa is more developed as a pass rusher in this class.

Von Miller plays at 250. So as long as Burns can be around that weight, he should be alright.

Edited by SDotNova