2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I might remove J.Taylor as my options for #3. He has great moments and can become a good OT, but I'm not sure if I'm honestly forcing him as one of my favorites because of how bad I want a franchise LT. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I'm not 100% on him as someone that can become a franchise LT. 

A name I haven't mentioned in a while is Alex Bars. I still love him and want him at any point in the draft. He'll take Winters job after the season. 

I have a feeling we have our eyes on a CB in this draft. We have a whole at #2 and unsure how Tru will play next season. Someone I've fallen for is Jordan Miller from Washington. Before his big injury in 2017, he only allowed 21.1 rating when targeted. Struggled this year, but is worth the risk in the late rounds. 

Lots of good mid-round corners that could potentially slide to us on Day 2. Justin Layne, Amani Oruwariye, Julian Love, Lonnie Johnson, Rock Ya-Sin, David Long, Sean Bunting, etc.

Would anyone be in favor of trading our two 3rds for a high 2nd if Bradbury falls?

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

I can actually see us trading down and grabbing a CB early. Since its a weak CB class a guy like Greedy Miller in the 1st may have as good of value (comparable to talent pool) as a edge rusher in the 2nd (assuming we move down to the mid teens and pick up more picks).

Very possible. 

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Lots of good mid-round corners that could potentially slide to us on Day 2. Justin Layne, Amani Oruwariye, Julian Love, Lonnie Johnson, Rock Ya-Sin, David Long, Sean Bunting, etc.

Would anyone be in favor of trading our two 3rds for a high 2nd if Bradbury falls?

It's possible, but it will be interesting to see what route we go on. I'm hoping to keep our 2 3rd round picks unless we can package one of them with someone and move into the 2nd round. 

Okay, I think this is my final list. 

1. Josh Allen

2. Bosa

3. Trading back (Only with teams in the top 10). 

I just can't pass up a chance to land a difference maker/Game Changer. We've been begging this franchise to land a pass rusher for the past decade. No way I'm passing up this. Trade Lee for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Then package our additional 3rd & 4th round picks to trade into the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Okay, I think this is my final list. 

1. Josh Allen

2. Bosa

3. Trading back (Only with teams in the top 10). 

I just can't pass up a chance to land a difference maker/Game Changer. We've been begging this franchise to land a pass rusher for the past decade. No way I'm passing up this. Trade Lee for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Then package our additional 3rd & 4th round picks to trade into the 2nd. 

That has been my list since the conclusion of the 2018 season. lol.

• Like 1

For many years, I never cared for strength and conditioning coach.  Now, I get curious.  I don't recall any story about Jet player who was developed physically and athletically into a solid contributor inside the house. Zero right?  I just found out that Justus Galac returned for 8th season.  *sigh*

That would be a concern for developmental prospects such as Ryan Pope, Tytus Howard, Jordan Miles and Sean Rawlings.  No wonder Jets kept bringing in cheap and nothing veterans.

Without trading down from #3,  both 3rd rounders have to be most NFL ready OL to protect Darnold and Bell.   It won't be an easy task.

I don't get good feeling about 2019 class for Jets.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

For many years, I never cared for strength and conditioning coach.  Now, I get curious.  I don't recall any story about Jet player who was developed physically and athletically into a solid contributor inside the house. Zero right?  I just found out that Justus Galac returned for 8th season.  *sigh*

That would be a concern for developmental prospects such as Ryan Pope, Tytus Howard, Jordan Miles and Sean Rawlings.  No wonder Jets kept bringing in cheap and nothing veterans.

Without trading down from #3,  both 3rd rounders have to be most NFL ready OL to protect Darnold and Bell.   It won't be an easy task.

I don't get good feeling about 2019 class for Jets.

Strength and conditioning has very little to do with a players development. Position coaches are the main ones when it comes to that. Our players aren’t out of shape.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Strength and conditioning has very little to do with a players development. Position coaches are the main ones when it comes to that. Our players aren’t out of shape.

I don't speak about 46 active players only.   Position coaches are there to work on skill sets.  S&C coaches are there to improve physicality and athleticism.  That is for 56  rosters and 8 practice squad.

Position coaches are changed under Adam Gase so that is a halfway.    If next two years are the same story then that is problematic. However, I don't bother to draft any raw prospects that require some seasonings to develop for Jets. Zero confidence

30 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I don't speak about 46 active players only.   Position coaches are there to work on skill sets.  S&C coaches are there to improve physicality and athleticism.  That is for 56  rosters and 8 practice squad.

Position coaches are changed under Adam Gase so that is a halfway.    If next two years are the same story then that is problematic. However, I don't bother to draft any raw prospects that require some seasonings to develop for Jets. Zero confidence

I don’t agree with that. That’s what mid and late round picks are most the time. That’s why they’re not 1st-3rd Rounders. When players are at this high of a level, it’s rarely strength or conditioning holding them back. It’s skill. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t agree with that. That’s what mid and late round picks are most the time. That’s why they’re not 1st-3rd Rounders. When players are at this high of a level, it’s rarely strength or conditioning holding them back. It’s skill. 

Wesley Johnson of Vanderbilt, Brent Qvale of Nebraska and Jarvis Harrison of Texas A@M were participated in NFL combine. They offered intelligence and athleticism to be on NFL roster annually.  None of them improved the core strength to be productive at LOS.

Brandon Shell of South Carolina offered athleticism and size but no core strength as he continues lacking of run blocking strength.

Robby Anderson of Temple continues starting but he does not improve core strength to beat strong CB and improve RAC ability.

Dakota Dozier of Furman and a bunch of big school WRs fail due to skill issue. 

I feel like core strength is real issue for Jets.   OL, WR/TE blocking, RAC productivity and DB press.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Wesley Johnson of Vanderbilt, Brent Qvale of Nebraska and Jarvis Harrison of Texas A@M were participated in NFL combine. They offered intelligence and athleticism to be on NFL roster annually.  None of them improved the core strength to be productive at LOS.

Brandon Shell of South Carolina offered athleticism and size but no core strength as he continues lacking of run blocking strength.

Robby Anderson of Temple continues starting but he does not improve core strength to beat strong CB and improve RAC ability.

Dakota Dozier of Furman and a bunch of big school WRs fail due to skill issue. 

I feel like core strength is real issue for Jets.   OL, WR/TE blocking, RAC productivity and DB press.

I don't know you can blame the strength and conditioning coach though.  These guys need to be professional and work hard to improve on their own not just team organized activities.  You are also listing guys who are mid to late round picks or UDFA with less talent then many NFL starters.  If we had a rash of muscle injuries year in and year out I would then look to lay that blame on the S&C coach.