2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Mark my words, Gettleman isn’t going QB at 6. He’s going edge rusher and likely Montez Sweat. He’ll take Daniel Jones at 17. 

They skipped Sam Darnold and traded Odell just to come away with Daniel Jones. I would be soooo pissed. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We better just get on board with drafting at 3. With the stop gaps and all. I don’t see anyone trading up to 3. So here’s to hoping Allen falls to 3.

We have a great chance of Bosa or Allen being there. I don't want us to trade back anymore unless it's a crazy deal.

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

They skipped Sam Darnold and traded Odell just to come away with Daniel Jones. I would be soooo pissed. 

Jones was coached by Eli’s old coach. Gettlemen wants the next Eli I’m assuming, not that Jones is that but he’s cut from that cloth. 

Makes sense.

36 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Giants fans don't think they're going QB at 6 FWIW.  He's clueless.  Lock is likely a reach at 6 and they don't like Haskins per reports.  Jones fit the mold of an NFL QB.  Whether or not he becomes a good one is another thing.

The Raiders are going to trade with the Jets. They want Haskins BAD!!! Gruden is in love with this guy. You guys are foolish to think Carr is his guy. Raiders trade their 4th and 2nd round pick along with a 3rd to move up one spot to take Haskins. The Jets drop one spot and take Allen with the extra picks. They both win and get their guys. Then 2020 the Raiders will bring in Haskins as their guy. I think you guys are buying way to much into the smokescreens. Giants will take a QB and I think it maybe be Lock by jumping back into the first round to look him in for 5 years. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Raiders are going to trade with the Jets. They want Haskins BAD!!! Gruden is in love with this guy. You guys are foolish to think Carr is his guy. Raiders trade their 4th and 2nd round pick along with a 3rd to move up one spot to take Haskins. The Jets drop one spot and take Allen with the extra picks. They both win and get their guys. Then 2020 the Raiders will bring in Haskins as their guy. I think you guys are buying way to much into the smokescreens. Giants will take a QB and I think it maybe be Lock by jumping back into the first round to look him in for 5 years. 

I would take that trade in a second. 

17 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

No they’re not. Gruden is waiting until next year. They’ll have a top 10 pick again, potentially top 5.  He’ll wait and trade up if need be. No raider fans expect them to go QB. They’ll add a ton of talent in the draft and then go very aggressive in FA next year. They have 50 mil and will clear out some other vets to create more cap space. 

Tony Pauline said on his podcast that the sense he got was that we be willing to move down for a little less than others would be and that we Like Josh Allen over Quinnen and the priority of our draft is Edge and OL

24 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Tony Pauline said on his podcast that the sense he got was that we be willing to move down for a little less than others would be and that we Like Josh Allen over Quinnen and the priority of our draft is Edge and OL

If i'm not mistaken, Pauline thinks we'd prioritize OL over edge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside ran faster than 4.55ish but Jets' staffs were not there. Yep.

Jay-tee Tiuli had solid Pro Day.   Staffs of many teams were there to check out the NT of the future.

I think JJ was timed at 4.48 at his pro day, which seems a bit charitable.  i watched it and timed it myself several times in the mid 4.5's which is what i would assume it would be if he ran at the combine.... which honestly is a good time for him.  He was never going to be counted on to win with speed anyway.  I'd love to get him in round 3 but he might be gone by then.

For what is worth this is what I see going down for the draft

1. Arizona - Bosa.  They shopped Rosen around and did not like what they would get and will stay with him and take Bosa, He is the best player in the draft.

2. 49ers - Josh Allen  They want a pass rusher and get a great one here.

3. Jets - The jets will get all the attention here because they want to trade down and will get several offers from teams to get Q or a QB. In the end the Raiders trade up one spot and give up their 4 pick alone with a 2nd this year and a 2rd next year. The Raiders will think long and hard who to take and they end up with Q.

4. Jets back on the clock. Once again people are calling and then jets move down to 15 with the redskins and take home some good picks. The skins give the jets their 15 pick this year and 2nd round pick this year along with 2020 first and 2020 3rd round pick. The redskins take Murray. They need to put people in the seats and this guy will do that. 

15 Jets are on the clock. The jets take D.K WR that will be a true #1 WR. 

2nd round picks will be Jenkins Miss St starting C and a pass rusher that falls. I'm think Burns from FL ST.

I think most of this stuff out there is fake news.