2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

11 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yea but in the NCAA every OG and OC arent 300+ lbs.  He was miscast at NT cause of need and he excelled cause he won on pure athleticism. That wont work in the NFL. Same story for Oliver, a NT in college but def not one in the pros.

How many guys play OT in the NCAA and are forced to switch to guard? Your position in college means very little except in terms of ability to learn the position.

What were you watching, he dominated in every aspect form athleticism to a technical stand point.

Just now, Dr.O said:

What were you watching, he dominated in every aspect form athleticism to a technical stand point.

Yea, but he isnt going against NCAA guys next season. The offensive lines will be much bigger, faster, stronger, and more technical. 

You dont draft Q as a NT. Hes a penetrating DE/DT. Using him as a NT would waste a pick and hurt Q's career.

23 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

What facet of Q’s game limits him from playing NT?

For me... its his game. He's not a space eater. A NT generally is clogging up space. If that's what Q is used for he's being wasted. He's ranked high bc of his ability to get to the QB from the interior of the line (like Leo and Anderson). It'd be like playing a huge TE out wide at WR all the time. Could it work? Absolutely. Is it smart to use a player there when somewhere else is better for them? Yes IMO. I wont question Q's talent, I never have in fact. Its that we don't need him. He's a luxury pick and quite frankly we are still a rebuilding team so we don't have the luxury of just choosing a luxury player. ESPECIALLY when their are guys at positions we need that are not at all reaches at 3.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

For me... its his game. He's not a space eater. A NT generally is clogging up space. If that's what Q is used for he's being wasted. He's ranked high bc of his ability to get to the QB from the interior of the line (like Leo and Anderson). It'd be like playing a huge TE out wide at WR all the time. Could it work? Absolutely. Is it smart to use a player there when somewhere else is better for them? Yes IMO. I wont question Q's talent, I never have in fact. Its that we don't need him. He's a luxury pick and quite frankly we are still a rebuilding team so we don't have the luxury of just choosing a luxury player. ESPECIALLY when their are guys at positions we need that are not at all reaches at 3.

That’s because he wasn’t asked to be a space eater in that D. I’m taking Bosa or Allen over Q. But I’m taking Q or Oliver at 3 over reaching on a guy not worthy of a top 5 pick. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve stated my thoughts. So I’ll just leave it to that I disagree. 

See my post at top of page 133.  Q does fill a need, big one at that.  There is no reason not to take him other than I want an edge more.

We have a big need for a 1-tech and Q excels there.  I see no reason he's not a need.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

What facet of Q’s game limits him from playing NT?

Bingo.  Dude is a major need with our only 1-tech being a mid 30's McClendon.  HA, Q and Leo can and will all play at the same time.  

This defense doesn't want a 330 pound 0-tech they want quick athletic DL and Q in the A gap is exactly that.

I don't think he gets past SF though.  He's the best player in the draft.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Q is best suited to 1gap in the A gap.  Not eat space.  You are completely missing placing his game and fit in this defense.

McClendon isn't a NT either and Q is bigger and stronger then him yet people are ok playing him there?  How does that make sense?

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If we had the #1 pick who would you guys choose?

No trading back. Entire board at your disposal. 

I think I stay with Allen.  I feel like Allen is a true football player while Bosa pays some attention what situation that appeals to him.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If we had the #1 pick who would you guys choose?

No trading back. Entire board at your disposal. 

I'd stick to my board

1. Allen 
2. Q
3. Bosa

I think Q is the best player but used fit and need to swap Q and Allen.  I really love either one though.  Couldn't go wrong with either.

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd stick to my board

1. Allen 
2. Q
3. Bosa

I think Q is the best player but used fit and need to swap Q and Allen.  I really love either one though.  Couldn't go wrong with either.

I also would agree with you.

My meter has just change again it is now 90% that the Jets don't trade down.