2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

The McGuire-Bell comp is still going on

False.   We are now on McGuire being ability to produce over 1k scrimmage in NFL or not.

Kareem Hunt of MAC in fact did produce over 1700 during as a rookie under Andy Reid and Matt Nagy last year.

Edited by JetsandI

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

He reached 1700.

1,365yds combined rushing and receiving is the most he ever got in a season in an incredibly weak conference by the way. So can you please stop this debate. Everyone is pretty much laughing at you comparing anything McGuire is to that of Bell.

Maybe Charone Peake can be DeAndre Hopkins bc he was recruited high and was at Clemson too. Or maybe Davis Webb should start over Darnold bc he was so great at Texas Tech and Cal.

Please quit the stupid debates here and keep it realistic. McGuire to Bell?!?! Stop!!!

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

False.   We are now on McGuire being ability to produce over 1k scrimmage in NFL or not.

Kareem Hunt of MAC in fact did produce over 1700 during as a rookie under Andy Reid and Matt Nagy last year.

You’re making yourself look very uneducated from a Football standpoint, so I suggest you stop while you’re ahead.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

1,365yds combined rushing and receiving is the most he ever got in a season in an incredibly weak conference by the way. So can you please stop this debate. Everyone is pretty much laughing at you comparing anything McGuire is to that of Bell.

Sorry to disappoint to let you know that  calling someone uneducated without researching completely is comically worse than someone trying to spark some hope for some 6th round talent from small conference. 

I find it to be very interesting that you actually thought I didn't know what was 1365 after I mentioned 1700 plateau.   I never heard of a total of rushing yard or receiving yard being out greater than total yard from scrimmage.

I will not stop lobbying for McGuire until he is no longer a Jet.  Don't dismiss him just because he was from small conference.  Don't remind me that McGuire could not get more touches after he returns because that is the way Bowles has been operating.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Montez Sweat is gonna be nasty at the next level, if we can’t land Bosa, Jonah, or Cajuste I’m all about him.

No kidding. Josh Allen and Jachai Polite (although he just breaks out this year) could be a good addition to Jets, also.

Edited by JetsandI

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Sorry to disappoint to let you know that  calling someone uneducated without researching completely is comically worse than someone trying to spark some hope for some 6th round talent from small conference. 

I find it to be very interesting that you actually thought I didn't know what was 1365 after I mentioned 1700 plateau.   I never heard of a total of rushing yard or receiving yard being out greater than total yard from scrimmage.

I will not stop lobbying for McGuire until he is no longer a Jet.  Don't dismiss him just because he was from small conference.  Don't remind me that McGuire could not get more touches after he returns because that is the way Bowles has been operating.

Sorry you’re right. McGuire is the next Le’Veon Bell, Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley.

My apologies!!!

22 hours ago, JetsandI said:

McGuire  when healthy last year had 88 rushing yards for a average  of 3.6 YPC. which is not good. We will see next year when he comes back how he does, But comparing him to Bell at this point of time is crazy. It is like comparing Peake to Hopkins, Peake is another Macc busts 

46 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

McGuire  when healthy last year had 88 rushing yards for a average  of 3.6 YPC. which is not good. We will see next year when he comes back how he does, But comparing him to Bell at this point of time is crazy. It is like comparing Peake to Hopkins, Peake is another Macc busts 

Peake was a 7th round pick, not a good WR but a solid Special teams player which tbh is all you can really ask for coming from a 7th round pick

• Like 1

After our next two games we will know all we need to know about the Jets. We play Miami & the Bills both very winnable games. After that the schedule gets BRUTAL, we play New England twice, Green Bay, Texas, and the Titans at Tennessee. Our next games we will get a idea about our O line, and the Jets front seven on defensive. We should start to get injury players back for Sunday's game and Rishard Matthews, should see plenty of action. It is going to be interesting to see how Darnold, does in these next two games.