2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

So, the GM position? Thoughts? What if we were to hire someone like Scot McCloughan to be VP of Football Operations and have him hire a GM. He's a great scouting mind and has seen two teams built into playoff teams. He can than hire a GM to do a lot of the day to day stuff. That GM could very well be Brian Heimerdinger. 

VP Football Operations: Scott McCoughan

GM: Promote Brian Heimerdinger

Coach: John DeFilippo

Defensive Coordinator: Perry Fewell

• Like 1

McCloughan would be lucky to have that kind of luxury. When is the last time the ownership allows GM to hire his own HC.   Throw in VP if have to.

I now am concerned about DL Quinnen Williams. His tools are incredibly off the charts. He could be top 5 guy and possibly top BPA for Jets.  Jesus!

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

NKeal Harry is shooting up my board for me, a TON of upside and I think he’s ready to contribute right away. He’s moved past Metcalf to me for the number 1 spot

Wrote last week at this point in the season he’d be my #1 target. I know it’s bold to say, but I’m not scared. I think as far as big body guys go... he’s the next Julio Jones/Larry Fitzgerald WR in the NFL.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, JetsandI said:

As of October 4, 2018 at 722pm.

If Jets ended up being a top 10 loser then

Edge Nick Bosa, Ohio State.

Edge Clelllin Ferrell, Clemson.

LT Jonah Williams, Alabama.

If Jets managed to finish the season better than bottom 10-15 and top 3 were gone then

--in absolutely no order.--

TE Noah Fant, Iowa.

RB David Montgomery, Iowa State.

WR N'Neal Harry, Arizona State.

WR Bryan Edwards, South Carolina.

WR Kelvin Harmon, North Carolina State.

CB Jamal Peters, Mississippi State.

C Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State.

OLB Montez Sweat, Mississippi State.

As Novemeber 7, 2018 at 1153.

Ferrell is currently the most logical pick for Jets. 

Bosa will be hit in the gym as soon as he is fully recovered from injury. That means he could bulk up to 280 by the NFL combine.

Williams could end up outside top 15, thanking to a several of torrid skill position prospects.

Harry, Harmon, Jenkins and Sweat are likely out of Jets' position. Darn it.

Fant, Edwards and Peters could be had in 3rd.

Montgomery couldn't be a logical pick for Jets since they still have Crowell as a ground runner.

New addition for 3rd Round consideration. For now, alll I think about is skill position.

WR David Sills III, West Virginia.

- If you are so obsessing about Rams' offense then you only need to think about Cooper Kupp when it comes to Sills.

WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa State.

-Tall and tough mother but he is not exactly a burner. Just long strider.  Could be a 2nd round solid or 3rd round steal.

RB/WR Olamide Zacceaus, Virginia.

-Probably over-reaching there because he is 5 8 190 but oh boy, he surely can run routes as WR. If Jets ain't satisfied with Trenton Cannon's progression. OZ is definitely a superb upgrade.

LB Germaine Pratt, North Carolina State.

-Excited to see that Pratt can handle the game without NFL caliber DL. Dunno if it is one time offer or not but he is capable of playing beyond the LOS.  He can spell in both Avery Williamson for coverage tasks and Darron Lee for run tasks. Think him like a super utility in LB corp.

OLB Charles Omenihu, Texas.

- He is in the contest to be recognized as top 50 now but he develops slowly. We will see.

I had played a several draft mock and I encountered some serious problem with OL in 3rd round. Especially Center.  Probably due to not enough information of prospects but that is a scary thought at least.  

Obviously, Jets can't go into the draft with FA success because if they did then Jets would be ****ingly finished. Anyway, I rolled some dices without FA action to see how comfortable Jets' FA less draft is.

#1 Straight Up Draft.

Top 5: OLB Clelin Ferrell, Clemson.

3rd: LG/RT Paul Adams, Missouri.

Saints' 3rd: LT/LG Derwin Gray, Maryland.

4th: WR Chase Claypool, Notre Dame.

5th: C/RT Sean Rawlings, Ole Miss.

7th: TE Tommy Sweeney, Boston College.

#2 Trade Down.

Top 5:  Trade down with Lions for 1st and 2nd Round Picks.

Top 15: OLB Montez Sweat, Mississippi State.

Lions 2nd: C Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State.

3rd: LG/RT Paul Adams, Missouri.

5th: CB Ken Webster, Ole Miss.

#3 Out of Control Trade Down.

Top 5: Trade down with Colts to get 3rd Round Pick.

Top 10: Trade down with Vikings to get 2nd Round Pick.

Top 25: LG/C/RT Dalton Risner, Kansas State.

Vikings 2nd: Trade up with Raiders by sacrificing 3rd Round Pick.

Raiders 2nd: OLB Carter Coughlin, Minnesota.

Colts 3rd: LG/RT Paul Adams, Missouri.

5th: CB Ken Webster, Ole Miss.

If it were a qb then Jets would get more value than above suggestions.  Never mind anything other than OLB and OL.  Just focus on those positions, assuming their values are legit at the end of April. I like number 2 the best.  #3 doesn't make any sense unless you get more picks in two trade downs.  #1 sounds like a future crap.

Edited by JetsandI

I’d go Bosa, Williams, Harry, Sweat, Metcalf, Polite, Allen. Honestly looking at the LT class a lot of guys are REALLY raw and I’m not sure it be wise at this point of the rebuild to go out a take a guy like Cajuste or Little in the 1st when we need a day 1 impact guy.