2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

With the 6th Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the New York Jets select Ed Oliver. 

I he is the next Donald with 10+ sacks every year and is consistently in the running for DPOY then I'd take him.  If he's the next Big Cat than that is an awful pick.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The Jets trade the sixth pick in the draft to Orlando for the rights to sign Doumeyer, as new GM. The Jets will also receive Doumeyer's Sea world yearly pass Walt Disney & Universal Studios yearly pass.

Half our team would be dropped at 5 am every Monday morning in an all CAPS public announcement. 

Edited by Sapo28
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I he is the next Donald with 10+ sacks every year and is consistently in the running for DPOY then I'd take him.  If he's the next Big Cat than that is an awful pick.

He’s had 12.5 sacks in starting 31 games for Houston. So that’s a strong no for me

My get Darnold help ASAP mini mock.

Free Agency:

Paradis C, Levitre LG, Coleman RB, T Williams WR and Barr Edge

Major Resigns: Enunwa WR, Anderson WR, Claiborne CB, Myers K, Roberts CB

Draft: 1st Round: Jonah Williams LT

3rd Round: Garrett Bradberry C, KJ Hill WR

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Free Agency:

That's pretty good, the thing is if there is a OBJ when we pick in the first round I would grab him, if not OT is good. I am glad I am not the only who wants resign Roberts CB. The two games he played he was the best player in the secondary.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That's pretty good, the thing is if there is a OBJ when we pick in the first round I would grab him, if not OT is good. I am glad I am not the only who wants resign Roberts CB. The two games he played he was the best player in the secondary.

I’m excited to see what this secondary looks like now that they are all healthy. I want to see Roberts in the slot. He’s been really good when giving playing time. Hopefully Bowles doesn’t favor Skrine over him.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

2 WR's the Jets could target if they trade back in the first round. 

N’Keal Harry WR, Arizona State

JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR, Stanford

Both have excellent body control and can catch contested passes. Both compliment Anderson and Enunwa well.

Harry is going top 10-15

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

2 WR's the Jets could target if they trade back in the first round. 

N’Keal Harry WR, Arizona State

JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR, Stanford

Both have excellent body control and can catch contested passes. Both compliment Anderson and Enunwa well.

I’m a fan of both. Harry I think is going to be great not just good though.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:54 AM, SDotNova said:

Free Agency:

Don't you think it is a lot of cheaper to gamble unproven rookie edge.   Barr remains unproven edge and he is likely going to ask a lot of money due to his superb coverage skill.

Edge market is going to be pretty good it appears. I’d like to think with the money we have that we can get a guy at edge that way. Might not be our 1st couple options... but still an actual edge. At this stage I want us to for sure go WR Round 1 unless Williams is there at LT.

So my board right now is...

1. Williams

2. Harry

3. Trade back if possible and grab a WR

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Don't you think it is a lot of cheaper to gamble unproven rookie edge.   Barr remains unproven edge and he is likely going to ask a lot of money due to his superb coverage skill.

Might change my tune after today. In general, I don't want the Jets to build a great D, I just want a D that is solid. And I think this D with Barr is solid. I'm not expecting Barr to be all world. I think he will be our new Calvin Pace. And to me that's good enough for the D. 

Put all our resources on offense. A good coach will get more out of this offense but it is still lacking big time. We need to revamp the OL and we need a couple more weapons. I don't expect it to be done in 1 offseason, but we need to get as much as possible soon.