2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

13 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the other Josh Allen, edge, Kentucky.  Dude is a freak.  

I will be watching the game today, Kentucky vs Florida, down here in Florida. Let you know how he does in the game, Kentucky has lost 31 years in a row to the Florida Gators.

• 3 weeks later...

Really want DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss, dudes huge, athletic, great hands and has really out shined AJ Brown. This WR class looks really nice if most of them come out, N’Keal Harry, Deebo Samuels, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Collin Johnson, Hollywood Brown, David Sills....

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Really want DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss, dudes huge, athletic, great hands and has really out shined AJ Brown. This WR class looks really nice if most of them come out, N’Keal Harry, Deebo Samuels, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Collin Johnson, Hollywood Brown, David Sills....

Hit on a drafted WR? Us? Come on man.

In all seriousness... I do like the depth this year at WR. There’s no sure fire legit #1 NFL WR in the group. But there’s a lot of potential skill wise. Until we start realizing we need offense to win games coaching wise... we shouldn’t waste picks on offense though. I firmly we believe we could have drafted Michael Thomas and ruined him if he came here. Until we adapt to the New NFL we are wasting time.

56 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I really like Collin Johnson from Texas. Dude runs nice routes, but I don't think I'm picking him over the LT's so far. We'll see. Could be a Megatron 2.0 out there. 

I don’t even think he’s the best big bodied WR on UT. LJ Humphreys I think is better.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t even think he’s the best big bodied WR on UT. LJ Humphreys I think is better.

We'll have to wait and see because everyone always changes their mind around combine time. I like the way CJ gets off the line and his ability to position his body in jump ball situations. 

54 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We'll have to wait and see because everyone always changes their mind around combine time. I like the way CJ gets off the line and his ability to position his body in jump ball situations. 

He is in Texas so you better take his words for that.

Frankly, I don't see any Calvin Johnson in either WR.  Calvin had real speed while Longhorners offer long stride with no clear speed.  I could see Mike Evans with better catching radius in CJ (TD against TCU is awesome).  Humphrey is basically slower Q.  For some reason, Humphrey can beak loose from defenders for extra YAC. Strong Broad? I dunno.

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He is in Texas so you better take his words for that.

Frankly, I don't see any Calvin Johnson in either WR.  Calvin had real speed while Longhorners offer long stride with no clear speed.  I could see Mike Evans with better catching radius in CJ (TD against TCU is awesome).  Humphrey is basically slower Q.  For some reason, Humphrey can beak loose from defenders for extra YAC. Strong Broad? I dunno.

LJ is a RB by trade. He was a star RB at the high school I went to

I normally wait until the end of the season to start debating on who's on top of each position. I remember when Geno was looked at as being the first overall pick. In this WR class so far, no one really stands out yet. But when combine time hit, draft boards change. At this point, I'm pretty set on drafting one of the LT's , but I'm open-minded this year.