2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

16 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I like the 3-4, all we need is 2 Edge rushers and switch to more Cover-3 press type system and we’d be golden. Switching to a 4-3 we’d need to find another LB, potentially 2 DTs(don’t think Leo’s best spot is in a 4-3) and new DE’s

That's it lol. 

I disagree completely.  All we need is one pass rushing DE and we'd be fine.  Jenkins and Copeland are good enough for now to hold down a "LEO" type DE spot and Lee is way better in a 4-3 to use his speed.  Williamson probably doesn't have sideline to sideline speed for the MIKE but he will be good enough.  Lee isn't ideal in 3-4 yet we pigeon hole him there in Bowles defense, we still need a pass rusher for the 3-4 anyway and Adams is better suited near the line which the 4-2-5 helps him do.

You let Shepard do some 1 tech NT along with Pennel.  YOu then have Williams 1 on 1 with the guard and rotate him with Anderson.  You bring in a pass rushing DE like Lawrence is possible and you use Jenkins and Copeland as the LEO.  You then free up Lee and Williamson to make tackles and Adams does what he does best and plays at the line.  It's quite an easy transition really and you let your three best players do what they do best.  Adams attacking and blitzing near the LOS.  Your FA pass rusher rushing the passer, Lee clean to use his speed and not have to take on blockers, and Williams attacking the guard 1 on 1.  

You don't play 3-4 and invest heavily on the DL, it's terrible drafting strategy. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

He found many holes because Mike Munchak and his men did incredible jobs to create holes.  Think he will have the same luxury for Jets? I laugh.  Hard.

His cut ability is the reason why Bell could run for more yards. Mcguire has it but OL did not create holes frequently and BAM! he is not that good. Ha!

Your point is suggesting that Bell is average but Big Ben, the OL and the coaching made him a star. Which quite frankly is laughable. The guy has crazy talent. Then add that you used McGuire in the same sentence as him is even more laughable. This is classic underrating other players and big time fan boying ours.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

He found many holes because Mike Munchak and his men did incredible jobs to create holes.  Think he will have the same luxury for Jets? I laugh.  Hard.

His cut ability is the reason why Bell could run for more yards. Mcguire has it but OL did not create holes frequently and BAM! he is not that good. Ha!

McGuire is not that good. Bell jukes guys while still in the hole, turning sure tackles into whiffs. I'm confident his OL could be absolute garbage and he'd find a hole somewhere to get yards. The guy has incredible vision.

8 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

McGuire is not that good. Bell jukes guys while still in the hole, turning sure tackles into whiffs. I'm confident his OL could be absolute garbage and he'd find a hole somewhere to get yards. The guy has incredible vision.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/le'veon-bell?id=2540175

Look at his weakness.  Vision part.

That was one of scouting reports.  Now, you said he has excellent vision.  If everything was true then Bell made big improvement during his time in NFL and he was fortunate that he had Mike Munchak on the coaching staff.   With right OL coach and personnels, Mcguire's vision could be better to naked eyes fans.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Your point is suggesting that Bell is average but Big Ben, the OL and the coaching made him a star. Which quite frankly is laughable. The guy has crazy talent. Then add that you used McGuire in the same sentence as him is even more laughable. This is classic underrating other players and big time fan boying ours.

I just lost 10 lbs.  Thank you.  

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/le'veon-bell?id=2540175

Look at his weakness.  Vision part.

That was one of scouting reports.  Now, you said he has excellent vision.  If everything was true then Bell made big improvement during his time in NFL and he was fortunate that he had Mike Munchak on the coaching staff.   With right OL coach and personnels, Mcguire's vision could be better to naked eyes fans.

We're going to use NFL.com Scouting reports as support? OK.

STRENGTHS

Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

That's what the NFL said about Nathan Peterman.

8 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We're going to use NFL.com Scouting reports as support? OK.

That's what the NFL said about Nathan Peterman.

Peterman was only 2nd year. Not all ****ed ups were his fault.

Anyway, I said if his sub vision being questionable when he signed with NFL was accurate then his vision had improved during the NFL time.  Mcguire just returned from broken foot in his 2nd year as Pro.  Quitting on him even though OL was pathetic is a rush.

Edited by JetsandI

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway, I said if his sub vision being questionable when he signed with NFL was accurate then his vision had improved during the NFL time.  Mcguire just returned from broken foot in his 2nd year as Pro.  Quitting on him even though OL was pathetic is a rush.

The thing about running backs in the NFL, they usually aren't late bloomers. They prove it pretty quickly that they can run, regardless of OL or QB play. I'd be willing to give McGuire the benefit of the doubt, but Bell is undoubtedly better than him by a large margin. That's not a slight on McGuire, that's just how good Bell is.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

What has McGuire done to prove he's the good player you make him out to be?