2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

40 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

What did y’all think of Long at LG today? Didnt pay much attention to him. I’m curious how PFF grades him. If he plays decent, he may be useful in a backup role. 

Is Jonah Williams worth a top 5 pick?

i would love a scenario where the Jets trade back and pick up a couple of second rounders. Basically be the Colts of last year. Use the first on a LT and then trade back into the first and get a WR. I’m really liking Hollywood Brown at the moment.

Long was mediocre.

Jonah is a high end RT, low end LT at the next level IMO.  Didn't impress against Auburn.

Edited by barnaby8787

I’ve soured a little in Jonah as well but I still believe he’s worth a top 10 pick just not 2-4 right now I’d prolly go 

1. Nick Bosa

2. N’Keal Harry

3. Montez Sweat

4. DK Metcalf

5. Josh Allen

6. Jonah Williams

7. Greg Little

8. Greedy Williams

9. Jachai Polite

10. AJ Brown

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’ve soured a little in Jonah as well but I still believe he’s worth a top 10 pick just not 2-4 right now I’d prolly go 

1. Nick Bosa

2. N’Keal Harry

3. Montez Sweat

4. DK Metcalf

5. Josh Allen

6. Jonah Williams

7. Greg Little

8. Greedy Williams

9. Jachai Polite

10. AJ Brown

My issue with our draft spot (more than likely) really only puts (for me) Williams as a player I'd want there that I feel is worthy of the spot. I don't care if we don't get an Edge in FA... we need to make changes on offense. Its hard to watch us. I mean besides the 2 games we uncharacteristically scored a ton of points this year... we've averaged about 10 points per game. In a league that's catered to offense. We are so far behind on this trend we cant afford to wait another year. I don't care about the FA class and draft Prospects. I'd rather see us reach for an offensive player than draft an Edge or CB like I'm sure Macc will do. Making my board...

1. Jonah Williams

2. N'Keal Harry

3. Greg Little

4. DK Metcalf

5. AJ Brown

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this is a good place to say this.

I was thinking that we need a really OC and what do you guys think about Kliff Kingsbury.

I like Kliff because his O is really good and he knows what to do with a good QB. He has had several good QB on his roster. 

As a Tech fan.. I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I think he likes the college ranks. And he will have plenty of good offers as a college OC that he will like. He does fit in the modern day NFL offense though. What's held him back as a HC is that he's clueless on defense. But as an OC that doesn't matter. My guess is his takes a good OC gig in NCAA.

An interesting name (if he can stay clean) for us in FA is Josh Gordon. Only FA WR that can make a BIG difference. Obviously he carries his issues... but he has that #1 WR talent and is still is 27. And should have a good 5 years of football ahead of him (bc he's not played every season, so his body has taken hits like he's a 25 year old). Might be time for us to take a risk on a guy like this. Put clauses in his contract and all obviously for drugs and such. But he's the only guy that can BIG TIME help Darnold if on the field in the FA WR class,

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

An interesting name (if he can stay clean) for us in FA is Josh Gordon. Only FA WR that can make a BIG difference. Obviously he carries his issues... but he has that #1 WR talent and is still is 27. And should have a good 5 years of football ahead of him (bc he's not played every season, so his body has taken hits like he's a 25 year old). Might be time for us to take a risk on a guy like this. Put clauses in his contract and all obviously for drugs and such. But he's the only guy that can BIG TIME help Darnold if on the field in the FA WR class,

I just do see the idea of putting this guy in a very young locker room. I think it will do more damage than good. He has shown several times you can't trust him. We are not in position to take a guy like this on. He could really hurt these young guys with the off the field stuff. 

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just do see the idea of putting this guy in a very young locker room. I think it will do more damage than good. He has shown several times you can't trust him. We are not in position to take a guy like this on. He could really hurt these young guys with the off the field stuff. 

What young guys? We have no young talent besides Adams and Herndon

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gordon was tardy a several time during the Patriots stay, already.  One article said that he was impressed by Patriots' veteran behavior. Do Jets have that kind of veteran presence?   Maybe their "veteran" behavior has another meanings... Winning environmental?

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Gordon was tardy a several time during the Patriots stay, already.  One article said that he was impressed by Patriots' veteran behavior. Do Jets have that kind of veteran presence?   Maybe their "veteran" behavior has another meanings... Winning environmental?

I think if he stays clean the rest of the year and leading up to FA... he will be on teams radar. After all he hasn't gotten busted with drugs in a little while. Browns cut him for tardiness and looking "not himself" during that practice and were just fed up. But we have to take some chances to get this offense rolling.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think if he stays clean the rest of the year and leading up to FA... he will be on teams radar. After all he hasn't gotten busted with drugs in a little while. Browns cut him for tardiness and looking "not himself" during that practice and were just fed up. But we have to take some chances to get this offense rolling.

One year contract or 3 year contract with strict clause?

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

One year contract or 3 year contract with strict clause?

I’d say 1 year. With his past I can’t see any team going more than that. And I’d have clauses that the second he does anything wrong we don’t owe him a dime. But the fact is... he is by far the most talented WR that will be available and if he can stay clean has a good 5yrs of football or so in him. We need a change and a change fast. Taking a risk like this is exactly what we need. Sign Bell and him and immediately Darnold becomes dangerous. Get 2-3 OL and now we can play in the NFL.