2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

19 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Just found out that Preston Williams from Colorado State is entering the draft. He went to the same High school I graduated from, so I've been watching him for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if he jumps higher on boards after the combine time. 

I like his combo of skill. But trying to rate CSU WRs is like trying to rate TTU WRs. They’re going to put up numbers... but really have to dig in to see if their talent measures up to be good NFL players. 

• Like 1

Within the state, Alex Wesley of Northern Colorado accepted the Senior invite.  Wesley could be a solid option for 3rd night if he doesn't improve his stock during the Senior week.  Really, a plenty of WR options for Jets to bolster WR depth.

Edited by JetsandI

The only silver lining in not having the top pick is that the Jets should be able to trade down. When the dust settles I expect us to pick 3rd. The teams drafting ahead of us are unlikely to select QBs and it appears more and more likely the first 2 picks will be DL. 

That will open up a desperate team (likely WAS or JAX) to move up for a QB. 

Adding an EDGE is arguably our biggest need, but what’s more important is adding talent around Darnold. With a premium crop of pass rushers hitting the open market, the most ideal situation would be bolstering the position in FA and build the offense through the draft. I’m not suggesting that the Jets must take an offensive player in round 1, but having the extra draft capital in round 2 and in 2020 will allow them to (potentially) add that talent required for the long haul. 

If your a fan that is hellbent on the Jets prioritizing the offense, the name to keep an eye on is LT Greg Little. The Jets have scoured Ole Miss quite often this year (Metcalf and Brown could have something to do with that as well), but Little is the player most likely worth a top 12 pick. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

The only silver lining in not having the top pick is that the Jets should be able to trade down. When the dust settles I expect us to pick 3rd. The teams drafting ahead of us are unlikely to select QBs and it appears more and more likely the first 2 picks will be DL. 

Adding an EDGE is arguably our biggest need, but what’s more important is adding talent around Darnold. With a premium crop of pass rushers hitting the open market, the most ideal situation would be bolstering the position in FA and build the offense through the draft. I’m not suggesting that the Jets must take an offensive player in round 1, but having the extra draft capital in round 2 and in 2020 will allow them to (potentially) add that talent required for the long haul. 

If your a fan that is hellbent on the Jets prioritizing the offense, the name to keep an eye on is LT Greg Little. The Jets have scoured Ole Miss quite often this year (Metcalf and Brown could have something to do with that as well), but Little is the player most likely worth a top 12 pick. 

Totally agree with this. I've followed Little for a while now bc he went to HS around where I live and was a big time recruit.

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Every time Jets lose a game for better draft position I think of a trade down. However, without 2 qbs' declaration for NFL, I have hard time believing Jets will trade down anyhow.  I guess we have to wait until January's deadline to restore that hope. lol.

Also, Drew Lock may be a major concern for me.  He is ideal for low 1st and high 2nd round selection so I can see (actually, that is what I would do) top pick's team may elect for BPA and then trade back into 1st to nab Lock.

Or shall we continue tabbing on Jets' forte for top 5 talents.  Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold and then Nick Bosa.

tenor.gif

Byron Murphy may be a threat to be taken in top 5 or 8. umm.  First Quinnen Williams and now it is Murphy. 

We need Justin Herbert and Daniel Jones to declare for NFL.  If Bills had no problem with drafting Josh Allen at 7 then there is no reason not to draft either Herbert Jones in the top 10 with a potential being taken in top 5. 

I’m sold on Josh Allen, after combine he’s gonna be considered a consensus top 5 talent and is gonna be a problem on the next level, I’d honestly take him over Jonah as of right now because of how special I think he can be. Ultimately I’d like us to trade down but if he’s there I’m taking him with out question, double dip at WR in the 3rd and 4th and use free agency to fortify the OL and maybe add Bell.

Josh Allen won Lott IMPACT trophy.   I looked at its history.   Excluding last 4 winners included Allen.

Solid contributors

James Laurinaitis (first 7 years and then retired after 8th)

Anthony Barr (Currently end of rookie contract)

Eric Kendricks (4 years now)

DeMeco Ryan ( 6 strong seasons out of 10 years; Retired)

Jerry Hughes (1st round bust but got better with second team)

J.J. Watt

Luke Kuechly

That is 7 out of 11.  6 out of 11 if you don't stomach the bad first impression (Hughes).  That is good number just in case if you search for a reason to believe in Josh Allen's potential success in NFL.

Last 4 are

Carl Nassib - Now with second team.

Jabrill Peppers - Special teamer?

Josey Jewell - Now has started last 6 consecutive games. Someone is happy with him.

Josh Allen - Remains unseen.

I’m intrigued by Andy Isabella WR out of Mass and would consider him with one of our 3rd round picks.  His 15 receptions (out of 16 targets) and 219 yards against Georgia convinced he can play with the big boys. As a small wr i’d take Hollywood Brown ahead of him but I get the feeling Cleveland will snag him in the second.

54 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I’m intrigued by Andy Isabella WR out of Mass and would consider him with one of our 3rd round picks.  His 15 receptions (out of 16 targets) and 219 yards against Georgia convinced he can play with the big boys. As a small wr i’d take Hollywood Brown ahead of him but I get the feeling Cleveland will snag him in the second.

Did I read it right? He had 300 yards a game thrice in 5 years!   He was graduated from Mayfield HS in Ohio so there is a good chance Browns would pick him over Hollywood. lol.    Anyway, one of sites think he could end up in 4th or 5th round.  If true, it is possible for Jets.  He looks sturdy, though.

Oh, he is in for Reese's Senior Bowl.  Alex Wesley and him should be on the North team. That means Trace McSorley, Clayton Thorson and Gardner Minshew II will be their qbs, barring some last minute changes.

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I like his skill set and in todays NFL, I'm not as worried about WRs size as much. That quick twitch type WR that can impress and shoot up draft boards. I can see him really doing freat in agility drills a moving into that's 3rd Round range