2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

And I think Jonah is better than both despite his arm length. He truly is as fundamentally sound as it gets. Once he gets his hands on you and drops his hips, it's game over. And he's even better in the run game.

All the things you're pointing out in terms of his ability to play RT and inside are positives for him anyway. It's insurance for whoever drafts him that if he doesn't work out at LT, which I don't see happening, that you'll at least have a strong RT or guard, not a complete bust. I view that as a positive at least.

I'm not arguing fundamentals bud.  I'm not arguing talent.  I like him as a prospect, just not an LT prospect.  

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

I guess everyone here thinks that a couple inches on his arms are going to completely wipe out the fact that he's as fundamentally sound as it gets at LT and has succeeded at a high level against some of the best pass rushers in the country, one of which you are all hoping we draft. I agree I think he could do better at guard, but it's an easier position to play so you can say that about mostly any lineman, but he will still be a cornerstone LT.

Never said a thing about his arms, just don’t think he’s a dominate LT, and especially not worthy of 3 overall. That would be absurd. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Never said a thing about his arms, just don’t think he’s a dominate LT, and especially not worthy of 3 overall. That would be absurd. 

What did you not like about his film then? Because all I see is the best pass rushers in the SEC being erased. And we're talking about first round prospects.

If he winds up like D'Brick, never truly elite but rock solid for a decade, it's worthy of 3rd overall IMO.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

What did you not like about his film then? Because all I see is the best pass rushers in the SEC being erased. And we're talking about first round prospects.

If he winds up like D'Brick, never truly elite but rock solid for a decade, it's worthy of 3rd overall IMO.

I don’t see “dominance” in terms off explosion off the ball. He is a technician, I will give him that but I worry about him run blocking, and going against bigger stronger players. I don’t worry about his arms, but he plays around 300 pounds, that’s light for a LT. He might end up being a stud who knows, I just would rather go with a surer thing pass rusher at 3. Wanna trade down and take Jonah...I’ll be happy with that. 

Anyone else really like Hakeem Butler? I've been watching more of him lately and he is awesome, a big play machine and fast af at damn near 6'7". Has all the makings of an elite #1 WR, he literally does everything well and is deadly in the red zone. Wouldn't be surprised to see his stock rise as the process plays out. Could see him being ranked the #1 WR when it's all said and done. He's definitely more impressive than Corey Davis who went #5 a few years ago.

This is honestly just a loaded WR class overall. I'd be happy with him, Harry, either Ole Miss WR, and Hollywood, gotta watch more of the other guys. But right now Butler is my favorite. 

Edited by jetjuice

4 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Anyone else really like Hakeem Butler? I've been watching more of him lately and he is awesome, a big play machine and fast af at damn near 6'7". Has all the makings of an elite #1 WR, he literally does everything well and is deadly in the red zone. Wouldn't be surprised to see his stock rise as the process plays out. Could see him being ranked the #1 WR when it's all said and done. He's definitely more impressive than Corey Davis who went #5 a few years ago.

This is honestly just a loaded WR class overall. I'd be happy with him, Harry, either Ole Miss WR, and Hollywood, gotta watch more of the other guys. But right now Butler is my favorite. 

Yes he’s someone Iv watched over the last few days and I really like him. Think he’s a late first/early second rounder though so not sure if we have a chance to get him. I know @rickyt31 has been driving the hype train on him for a while now. 

5 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Went and looked at him after you posted this. Dude is a machine out there. Seen some body catches which also concern me but overall would be a good player for us to grab. His potential is sky high(pun intended). I think we’d be money in the red zone with him.

It pains me to say this a little bit because it would be insane drafting another first round defender but at this point we HAVE to go edge at 3 because of the talent.  Edge at 3 or trade back grab picks and get Jonah are my two best options.  Someone may be knocking on our door for a QB.

And as much as we need picks I think we need to push to trade up with our 3rds for a good WR.  I love N'Keal Harry.  If we grabbed Allen then trade up to get Harry I think it's a home run.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Butler along with several WRs innthis draft but at 3 we can’t choose these guys and pretty much all of them won’t be there in the 3rd.

It would ideally be in a trade back scenario. I think his stock will rise to the point where it's justifiable to take him top 10. I wouldn't hate it if we swapped with NYG or JAX and took him at 6/7 if we can't find a WR before the draft. He is that good. If Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross can go top 10, no reason why Butler can't. 

Edited by jetjuice

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

It pains me to say this a little bit because it would be insane drafting another first round defender but at this point we HAVE to go edge at 3 because of the talent.  Edge at 3 or trade back grab picks and get Jonah are my two best options.  Someone may be knocking on our door for a QB.

And as much as we need picks I think we need to push to trade up with our 3rds for a good WR.  I love N'Keal Harry.  If we grabbed Allen then trade up to get Harry I think it's a home run.

Go watch Hakeem Butler. He is what Kelvin Harmon wishes he was.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Butler along with several WRs innthis draft but at 3 we can’t choose these guys and pretty much all of them won’t be there in the 3rd.

I have a feeling there's going to be a large run of them from the late 1st to the mid 2nd where we see  5-7 receivers go in like 20 picks.