2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

17 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

The best LT in this class is Jawaan Taylor and I bet he is the only top 10 OT taken.  Jonah will be next in the top 15.

Jawaan Taylor isn't even a LT and he has more concerns than Jonah for sure. His feet are slow.

21 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I don’t see “dominance” in terms off explosion off the ball. He is a technician, I will give him that but I worry about him run blocking, and going against bigger stronger players. I don’t worry about his arms, but he plays around 300 pounds, that’s light for a LT. He might end up being a stud who knows, I just would rather go with a surer thing pass rusher at 3. Wanna trade down and take Jonah...I’ll be happy with that. 

He's not a mauler, he's a guy who simply gets his assignment done. He seals off defenders with the best of them, but he's not running you over like Quenton Nelson does. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I have a feeling there's going to be a large run of them from the late 1st to the mid 2nd where we see  5-7 receivers go in like 20 picks.

Exactly. Unless we acquire some picks. The Butler, Harry, Metcalf, Harmon, Brown's will be gone by our early 3rd.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I have a feeling there's going to be a large run of them from the late 1st to the mid 2nd where we see  5-7 receivers go in like 20 picks.

This draft might break the record for most WR drafted in 1st round

Butler

Metcalf

Harry

AJ Brown

Harmon

Hollywood

Arcega-Whiteside

Ridley

All could potentially go in R1

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Yes he’s someone Iv watched over the last few days and I really like him. Think he’s a late first/early second rounder though so not sure if we have a chance to get him. I know @rickyt31 has been driving the hype train on him for a while now. 

Yeah, I think he will go in the first and he's on my first round list now. Butler and Metcalf are my top 2. This is actually a really good draft class for WR's. 

43 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Jawaan Taylor isn't even a LT and he has more concerns than Jonah for sure. His feet are slow.

He's not a mauler, he's a guy who simply gets his assignment done. He seals off defenders with the best of them, but he's not running you over like Quenton Nelson does. 

I feel ya. If we trade down take him, he’s talented, but you get a much better player in this draft at 3. That’s all I’m saying

Butler reminds me of a taller AJ Green. Physical player with speed. Good route runner too, just not incredibly quick.

This is my thoughts. Unless we grab a AB or AJ via trade... WR should be #1 on our list of needs. BPA isn’t a bad draft stately when rebuilding. But when trying to groom a franchise QB offense and wepoans need to heightened as needs. Will Butler be BPA at 3? Probably not. But I think he is a future star and will be crucial for this team and Darnold for a decade.

Butler is my #1 and Harry my #2

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Butler reminds me of a taller AJ Green. Physical player with speed. Good route runner too, just not incredibly quick.

This is my thoughts. Unless we grab a AB or AJ via trade... WR should be #1 on our list of needs. BPA isn’t a bad draft stately when rebuilding. But when trying to groom a franchise QB offense and wepoans need to heightened as needs. Will Butler be BPA at 3? Probably not. But I think he is a future star and will be crucial for this team and Darnold for a decade.

Same boat. We are in the driver's seat for a trade down if we so choose. I don't think ARI or SF trades out and that allows us to pull the trigger on a trade with the Giants lets say. Then trade down again with Denver who leapfrogs Jacksonville from 6 to 10 and take Butler at 10. Pick up two 2nd round picks in the process. That's how you win the draft.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see DT

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Kyler Murray enters pro?   Really?  Welp, Good Luck.

His first instinct was to post a picture of him in a Giant uniform. I’d love for there to be a battle for him between Giants and Jags. Surely one of them come up to 3 and we get their first and at least 2nds