2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

With Haskins entering I think that makes a legit option that teams might trade up for. Issue is if AZ or SF make that trade, we are dead in the water trade back wise but will be guaranteed 1 of Bosa or Allen. But that still doesn't sit well with me unless we do major things to this offense via trade and FA.

Haskins coming into the draft does give the #3 pick more juice. I don't see the top 2 picks being moved. If you look in years past the top 2 picks are very rarely moved. The 3 pick is usually when people start to talk about trades. I think Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2. The Jets pick is really hot because Haskins is a really good QB. If this was last years QB class I would have Haskins number 3 behind Sam and Baker. I'm just happy we have a QB and start to build the franchise. I think the Jets move out of 3 and collect a bunch of good picks with a first in 2019 and first in 2020. Look for Denver at 10 and Redskins at 15 to make the jump way up to get him. This will set the jets up for more picks and draft a LT or edge guy. They might even get a second round pick back this year and grab a WR like Metcalf.

Murray and Haskins coming out are huge for us for trading back or even increasing the chances for someone like Bosa or Allen falling to us. If they light it up this offseason, teams like the jags, Washington, and others looking will have to trade up or risk another team jumping them for the QB. 

There are rumblings of Murray going #1 to ARI, not sure where it's coming from though.  I'l believe it when I see it but could be the type of QB Kingsbury wants.  Mobile, accurate, familiar with his style.

They would then trade Rosen for a haul and go from there.

I really just want Bosa or Allen at 3 or to trade down with JAC to 7 and look at guys like Taylor/Williams at OT or the next group of pass rushers (Gary, Ferrell, Polite). 

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

There are rumblings of Murray going #1 to ARI, not sure where it's coming from though.  I'l believe it when I see it but could be the type of QB Kingsbury wants.  Mobile, accurate, familiar with his style.

They would then trade Rosen for a haul and go from there.

I really just want Bosa or Allen at 3 or to trade down with JAC to 7 and look at guys like Taylor/Williams at OT or the next group of pass rushers (Gary, Ferrell, Polite). 

Zero chance Rosen gets traded IMO.  Beyond he crazy cap hit that AZ would incur, teams don't just trade top 10 picks a year later, especially when they might not get a 1st back.  If Kingsbury really is an offensive guru, he'll find a compromise in his system that works for Rosen.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Zero chance Rosen gets traded IMO.  Beyond he crazy cap hit that AZ would incur, teams don't just trade top 10 picks a year later, especially when they might not get a 1st back.  If Kingsbury really is an offensive guru, he'll find a compromise in his system that works for Rosen.

Highly unlikely I know just what I heard.

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Haskins coming into the draft does give the #3 pick more juice. I don't see the top 2 picks being moved. If you look in years past the top 2 picks are very rarely moved. The 3 pick is usually when people start to talk about trades. I think Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2. The Jets pick is really hot because Haskins is a really good QB. If this was last years QB class I would have Haskins number 3 behind Sam and Baker. I'm just happy we have a QB and start to build the franchise. I think the Jets move out of 3 and collect a bunch of good picks with a first in 2019 and first in 2020. Look for Denver at 10 and Redskins at 15 to make the jump way up to get him. This will set the jets up for more picks and draft a LT or edge guy. They might even get a second round pick back this year and grab a WR like Metcalf.

We should trade with the Giants. We can even trade back a second time if we want if somebody else wants to leapfrog JAX.

I think Jax loving Haskins is the best thing for us.  #3 for #7, #38 and 2020 1st would get it done for me that way we can still land a high impact pass rusher in the top 10 add a high end WR early in round two and address the OL in round 3 plus have multiple 1sts next year.  That is the best thing I think we can hope for.

Next best thing is one of Bosa of Allen make it to #3.

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think Jax loving Haskins is the best thing for us.  #3 for #7, #38 and 2020 1st would get it done for me that way we can still land a high impact pass rusher in the top 10 add a high end WR early in round two and address the OL in round 3 plus have multiple 1sts next year.  That is the best thing I think we can hope for.

Here's the question though.  Why do the Jags have to specifically trade up with us to get him?  They'd want top 2.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Is that a better or worse deal than what we gave up for Darnold?

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Here's the question though.  Why do the Jags have to specifically trade up with us to get him?  They'd want top 2.

I don't think they'll be able to strike a deal with ARI/SF personally. I think we will be the first team willing to trade out. It'll also cost them less to move to 3 than 2 or 1. The price increases exponentially as you move up, and I think they will identify us as a possible trade out target.

Edited by jetjuice

52 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

If they do that's cool then one of Bosa or Allen is a Jet which I'd jump for joy. 

As the great Michael Scott would say - "Win win win"