2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Until we choose Quinnen Williams over him... well bc he's BPA smh

BPA? Maybe maybe not.  Allen was a monster in his bowl game.  Basically wrecked PSU's first half by himself.  Quinnen was a no show against Clemson.

I don't think people yet realize how good Allen is yet.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

BPA? Maybe maybe not.  Allen was a monster in his bowl game.  Basically wrecked PSU's first half by himself.  Quinnen was a no show against Clemson.

I don't think people yet realize how good Allen is yet.

I was kidding. Joking Macc would go DL bc he loves BPA neglecting need.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I was kidding. Joking Macc would go DL bc he loves BPA neglecting need.

No I know but it's a legit argument I think the 3 best players are Bosa, Allen and Quinnen.  Just depends on what order you have them and your needs.

I just think Allen is special along with Bosa so if we are lucky enough to land either especially Allen we could have our own Mack/Miller for the next 4 years really cheap.

A Darnold/Herndon and an Adams/Allen could be what you build your offense and defense around for the next decade which is exciting.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

No I know but it's a legit argument I think the 3 best players are Bosa, Allen and Quinnen.  Just depends on what order you have them and your needs.

I just think Allen is special along with Bosa so if we are lucky enough to land either especially Allen we could have our own Mack/Miller for the next 4 years really cheap.

A Darnold/Herndon and an Adams/Allen could be what you build your offense and defense around for the next decade which is exciting.

I think that's incredibly optimistic. Sorry. Only way that would be legit is if Herndon turns into Gronk, Kelce or Ertz. And while I like Herndon... that's beyond a stretch to say that's what he will become. That's pegging him pretty much as a #1 WR.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I think that's incredibly optimistic. Sorry. Only way that would be legit is if Herndon turns into Gronk, Kelce or Ertz. And while I like Herndon... that's beyond a stretch to say that's what he will become. That's pegging him pretty much as a #1 WR.

The last rookie TE to put up similar numbers to Herndon was Gronk actually so yeah he has that ability to be as good as those guys.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like I stated... I like Herndon, but I think that is an incredibly optimistic opinion.

Sure but there is factual evidence behind it not just some blind homerism.  The guy put up Gronk like rookie numbers and had a tremendous catch rate when targeted.  All you have to do is watch him and you see there is something there.  Guy passes the eye test and the stat test despite barely getting in a game for the first 6 weeks.

Every prospect just doesn't start out perfect they eventually get there and right now the sky is the limit for him as a possible feature TE one you can build around.  He might be Mac's best pick in his 4 years because of where he was taken.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sure but there is factual evidence behind it not just some blind homerism.  The guy put up Gronk like rookie numbers and had a tremendous catch rate when targeted.  All you have to do is watch him and you see there is something there.  Guy passes the eye test and the stat test despite barely getting in a game for the first 6 weeks.

Every prospect just doesn't start out perfect they eventually get there and right now the sky is the limit for him as a possible feature TE one you can build around.  He might be Mac's best pick in his 4 years because of where he was taken.

I hope he's a pro bowl tight end. We will have to see. But he has to do double what he did last season to be in the conversation.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope he's a pro bowl tight end. We will have to see. But he has to do double what he did last season to be in the conversation.

I’m a Miami fan so I liked the pick. I seen some potential in him. 

After dropping that huge pass vs Miami he really took off and became a go to guy for Sam. 

Darnold developed relations with 3 key guys last year. 

-Enunwa early on

-Herndon when he came back from injury

-Anderson late in the season

Also Burnett hit the ground running with Sam. 

These guys all mesh well skill wise.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m a Miami fan so I liked the pick. I seen some potential in him. 

After dropping that huge pass vs Miami he really took off and became a go to guy for Sam. 

Darnold developed relations with 3 key guys last year. 

-Enunwa early on

-Herndon when he came back from injury

-Anderson late in the season

Also Burnett hit the ground running with Sam. 

These guys all mesh well skill wise.

I don't disagree and I think Herndon is for sure the most to get excited about. But that still isn't NFL quality talent. Q is above average "when healthy" which hasn't been often, so he cant be relied on. Robby needs to develop more than just a deep threat, but even if he just stays a deep threat that's useful, just not as a #1 WR like he's been deployed. And Burnett should be a fringe roster player as a 5th WR. He shouldn't be starting at all. IMO 2 WRs are needed on this team. And good ones.

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't disagree and I think Herndon is for sure the most to get excited about. But that still isn't NFL quality talent. Q is above average "when healthy" which hasn't been often, so he cant be relied on. Robby needs to develop more than just a deep threat, but even if he just stays a deep threat that's useful, just not as a #1 WR like he's been deployed. And Burnett should be a fringe roster player as a 5th WR. He shouldn't be starting at all. IMO 2 WRs are needed on this team. And good ones.

It looks like Darnold, has a good repor with Burnett. the Pat shut down Anderson & Herndon for 3 receptions and a total of 16 yards. Burnett had four receptions for seventy yards, and two of those receptions where real tough. He might be good enough to be the fourth or fifth receiver. After reading a few of todays post I think comparing Herndon to Gronk, is a bit of a reach right now. But you never know.

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It looks like Darnold, has a good repor with Burnett. the Pat shut down Anderson & Herndon for 3 receptions and a total of 16 yards. Burnett had four receptions for seventy yards, and two of those receptions where real tough. He might be good enough to be the fourth or fifth receiver. After reading a few of todays post I think comparing Herndon to Gronk, is a bit of a reach right now. But you never know.

I think Herndon can at least crank out a Delanie Walker-like career with potential to be better.