2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Interesting, Gregg Williams has often used 2nd and 4th round talents for LB jobs in his career. Few 1st round LBs were used but he never was part of a committee that drafted LB in 1st ever.   I guess we won't get Devin White in 1st but Germaine Pratt or other LB in 4th is a possibility.

With Kyler Murray declaring the NFL draft I am glad we have Sam Darnold.   The Jets do not have to make a decision on whether Kyler is worth drafting at #3.  The hope is there is team that thinks the world of Kyler Murray and is willing to trade away their future to get a chance at one of the available QBs in the draft.  I wish Kyler the best. I hope he blows up the combine and Pro day.   As of now my top 3 players for the Jets are:

1.  Nick Bosa (Is it possible he drops to  #3)

2.  Clelin Ferrell (Fits the 4-3 defense well.)  * If we get Gregg Williams as DC

3. D.K. Metcalf (Potential #1 WR)

45 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Kyler will prob draw Russ Wilson comps. Fully expect him to be a 1st rounder. 

If Kyler were the same size as Baker, wouldn't even be a question. His size does not affect his arm strength at all, in fact he has a hose for an arm and he's electric as a runner.

I would take Kyler over Lamar Jackson and Jackson was first round last year. I think Kyler will be good in the NFL. I just feel that this draft class is very low on talent. The best guy in the draft did not even play this year (Bosa). The best thing for the jets is to trade down and collect picks for NEXT year because a 2nd next year is worth more to me than a 2nd this year. I think 2nd round picks this year are more like 3rd round picks in most drafts just off talent.