2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Jonah Williams is an interesting player for us. Bc he's versatile. But not to play C. He's high on my list bc we can play him at 4 spots if needed. Shell will likely miss some time at RT, LG we need as starter and we need a starting LT after 2019. Surely he can start at 1 of those spots.

Thinking about our outlook, as long as Belichick is coach at New England, and Brady is the QB, we will never beat them. Belichick has a way to shut down any players or team at any time. How many times has Belchick, turn over his roster in the last 18 years, and still been on top. If he shuts down Patrick Mahomes, next Sunday, than I will really throw in the towel. What he has done is equal what the NY Yankees did from 1947 to 1958. Will we be a better team in 2019 no question we will be much better team but will it be enough to top the Pats?

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Jonah Williams is an interesting player for us. Bc he's versatile. But not to play C. He's high on my list bc we can play him at 4 spots if needed. Shell will likely miss some time at RT, LG we need as starter and we need a starting LT after 2019. Surely he can start at 1 of those spots.

Has this been confirmed? Last I read Shell will be ready for the start of the offseason program. 

43 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Thinking about our outlook, as long as Belichick is coach at New England, and Brady is the QB, we will never beat them. Belichick has a way to shut down any players or team at any time. How many times has Belchick, turn over his roster in the last 18 years, and still been on top. If he shuts down Patrick Mahomes, next Sunday, than I will really throw in the towel. What he has done is equal what the NY Yankees did from 1947 to 1958. Will we be a better team in 2019 no question we will be much better team but will it be enough to top the Pats?

What’s crazy to me is how many coaches haven’t tried to replicate B.B.’s defensive philosophy. Shutdown the other teams number 1 option. Seems pretty straight forward. Instead you have a coach like Bowles letting players like Deandre Hopkins run wild and hoping for the best.

The Chiefs present a unique challenge because they have Hill and Kelce plus Mahomes is good at taking what the defense gives him. 

Edited by SDotNova

Watch NE win.  The temp is going to be like 15 degrees or something which will favor NE.

You can't just be a high flying team all the time you need to win in the trenches because of cold weather games like this.  The weather favors NE so pulling the upset is not out of the question for them.  

It's the reason why I really want to beef the OL up more then anything this offseason.  I'd really like at minimum a new LG and C and if possible a future RG and OT waiting behind Winters and Beachum/Shell because Beachum is getting older and Shell is inconsistent.

Offensively if you control the LOS you can play anywhere home/away and in any weather.  INDY's offense is built very much like this.  Other then Hilton they aren't loaded with special talent but control the LOS and keep Luck clean.  Mack who isn't some star RB was like top 3 in yards after he got healthy because of creative play calling and a good OL.

I'd really like to emulate their approach this offseason because I think it is realistic more so then trying to add a bunch of weapons and hope to be KC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Watch NE win.  The temp is going to be like 15 degrees or something which will favor NE.

You can't just be a high flying team all the time you need to win in the trenches because of cold weather games like this.  The weather favors NE so pulling the upset is not out of the question for them.  

It's the reason why I really want to beef the OL up more then anything this offseason.  I'd really like at minimum a new LG and C and if possible a future RG and OT waiting behind Winters and Beachum/Shell because Beachum is getting older and Shell is inconsistent.

Offensively if you control the LOS you can play anywhere home/away and in any weather.  INDY's offense is built very much like this.  Other then Hilton they aren't loaded with special talent but control the LOS and keep Luck clean.  Mack who isn't some star RB was like top 3 in yards after he got healthy because of creative play calling and a good OL.

I'd really like to emulate their approach this offseason because I think it is realistic more so then trying to add a bunch of weapons and hope to be KC.

Colts and Eagles both go as their OL go. That’s where I would put all my Offensive focus this year. Along with making sure we have a pass rush to finish games defensively. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Both Tackles will hit FA after 2019. A 2019 rookie may be a fixture for 2020 as Tackle.   

Mitch Hyatt is a guy I really want to bring in.  Probably could be had with the NO 3rd or our 4th.  Starting Clemson LT since freshman year so you know he's got talent.  He does have some strength and kick issues but overall he was steady at LT and could be a possible LT prospect or make the move to guard.  I think a redshirt year behind Long who we move to LG or Saffold if we sign him and he could be ready for LG in 2020.  Even if he sits for 2 years he's only 22 I think since he was a true fresh.  Worst thing is we have a versatile linemen who can back up LT and LG.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Mitch Hyatt is a guy I really want to bring in.  Probably could be had with the NO 3rd or our 4th.  Starting Clemson LT since freshman year so you know he's got talent.  He does have some strength and kick issues but overall he was steady at LT and could be a possible LT prospect or make the move to guard.  I think a redshirt year behind Long who we move to LG or Saffold if we sign him and he could be ready for LG in 2020.  Even if he sits for 2 years he's only 22 I think since he was a true fresh.  Worst thing is we have a versatile linemen who can back up LT and LG.

I think his experience will get him drafted higher than that. Much like Jonah Williams. Starting for very successful teams against top competition for several years bolds wells for them. I see Williams going top 10 and Hyatt in the 2nd Round.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

That is one of finest examples.

Say Bonjour! to Mathieu Betts, DE out of Laval (Quebec City)

Mike Maccagnan loves East-West Shrine and Betts may be one of top stories.  He has many moves but never faces legit offensive line.   Figure if Jets can sign Cameron Wake for his borrowed years with Jets with Betts being groomed to replace him.

Jets met with Auburn's WR Ryan Davis on first day of the Shrine Week.  5'9" 185.

Edit.  Met OLB Malik Carney out of NC.  He is more likely 3-4 player anyway. 

Maryland LB Tre Watson. 6'2" 236

Arkansas DT Armon Watts. 6'5' 295

Edited by JetsandI

On 2nd day.

New York Jets - Georgia center Lamont Gaillard, Elon guard Olisaemeka Udoh, Temple defensive tackle Michael Dogbe, Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin, and Oklahoma State defensive end Jordan Brailford

Gaillard is a technician while Udoh offers powerful tools but slow footwork.  Godwin has been the top player according to Walterfootball's report.

Edited by JetsandI