2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Custis had his breakout in 2018.   He seemingly doesn't like to run alone. lol.  When a defender bumped Custis hard but he bounced back with a good long stride to get ahead of that defender.  When he ran ahead of a defender he simply slowed down for whether reason in his mind.

His catching radius is solid but it is his slow down that hurts his ability to snare some football outside his body.  He is not a first round talent but he can play in NFL without any question.

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/1086259329366454273?s=20

Not sure how to display the tweet but it’s no wonder why our team struggles with numbers like these. I’m a big advocate on spending big on the best pass rusher (Lawerence/Clowney/Flowers etc) and drafting either Bosa or Allen at #3 if they are there. 

Edited by xenajets

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/1086259329366454273?s=20

Not sure how to display the tweet but it’s no wonder why our team struggles with numbers like these. I’m a big advocate on spending big on the best pass rusher (Lawerence/Clowney/Flowers etc) and drafting either Bosa or Allen at #3 if they are there. 

Copy and Paste the tweet url straight into post text without using "insert other media" feature. 

• Like 1

http://rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/85744/351/shrine-week-measurements

Finally.

LB Tre Watson checked in as 241?  Let's hope he moves well.

LB Cole Holcomb has solid size and 10 hand size? wow.

DE/OLB Mathieu Betts marked 2 lbs under 260.  Just wonder if he can add some weight without losing speed.

OL Tyler Jones' numbers are blank?  How cruel!

OT Olisaemeka Udoh has monstrous measurements.  I believe he will be on Senior Bowl roster.

OT Paul Adams and Brian Wallace own good measurements.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/CFB/134577/Drew-Lewis

Edited by JetsandI

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-film-room-josh-allen

As we get closer to the draft I think it’s going to become clear that Josh Allen is a rare prospect. He’s the closest thing I’ve seen to Von Miller. Clelin Ferrell is a terrific prospect in his own right, but Allen is far superior. I’d lose my mind if the Jets took Ferrell over Allen because of “fit”. 

He would be the perfect SAM in Williams defense. You can make the argument that Allen would actually carry more value as a SAM who could also cover compared to pure hand in the dirt 43 end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-film-room-josh-allen

As we get closer to the draft I think it’s going to become clear that Josh Allen is a rare prospect. He’s the closest thing I’ve seen to Von Miller. Clelin Ferrell is a terrific prospect in his own right, but Allen is far superior. I’d lose my mind if the Jets took Ferrell over Allen because of “fit”. 

He would be the perfect SAM in Williams defense. You can make the argument that Allen would actually carry more value as a SAM who could also cover compared to pure hand in the dirt 43 end.

Seems like there is a real chance that Allen puts up certified freak numbers at the combine.  If we can't trade back he is my #1 wish at 3.  

Yeap. There’s 3 true blue chip prospects in this draft with Bosa, Q. Williams, and Allen. I really hope the Jets address the offensive line in a big way in free agency so they are in a position to finally take an elite pass rushing prospect that we’ve all wanted/needed for years. Unfortunately, the pass rushing market in free agency looks like its going to be a lot stronger then the offensive line market.

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Yeap. There’s 3 true blue chip prospects in this draft with Bosa, Q. Williams, and Allen. I really hope the Jets address the offensive line in a big way in free agency so they are in a position to finally take an elite pass rushing prospect that we’ve all wanted/needed for years. Unfortunately, the pass rushing market in free agency looks like its going to be a lot stronger then the offensive line market.

I’d be down though for getting the best pass rusher in FA AND taking one of Bosa or Allen if they are on the board at #3. 

You would imagine we will be big players in the free agent o-lineman. I imagine we sign either Paradis or Morse for C (after cutting Long) ans then either the best guard or tackle we can agree to come. Saffold or Trent Brown would be my ideal signing. 

• Like 2

If we nab Allen I could see us using him like Von was early on in Denver, SAM LB on early/running downs and DE on 3rd and passing situations. To me it’s really scary how similar he is to Von. If I’m Macc and Gase if he’s on the board I’d run up to the podium with the card.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Allen is the man.  I just hope he is there at 3

Agreed. In my mock that’s why I have Bosa falling to us. But for us... Boss I think is the better player for our system under Williams. Allen is more your 3-4 OLB when Boss fits the 4-3 DE more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. In my mock that’s why I have Bosa falling to us. But for us... Boss I think is the better player for our system under Williams. Allen is more your 3-4 OLB when Boss fits the 4-3 DE more.

Allen has played well with his hand on the ground though. Allen is scheme versatile.  You are right he can play OLB in 3/4 but he is not just a pass rusher.  I think he would hold up fine as a combo LB/DE in a 4-3 perfectly as he has coverage skills and speed to go along with the pass rush skills.  We will see i just see him as the best player in this draft with ability to play in multiple schemes. 

• Like 2