2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Allen would be better in the 34, but he can be good in the 43 as well. A lot of the pass rushers in this class are better for the 3-4 defense (One of the reasons I didn't want to switch this year), but if we don't get him, we still have good options like Gary, Ferrell, Ferguson, and Allen at DE if we trade back. We're in a good position. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Allen would be better in the 34, but he can be good in the 43 as well. A lot of the pass rushers in this class are better for the 3-4 defense (One of the reasons I didn't want to switch this year), but if we don't get him, we still have good options like Gary, Ferrell, Ferguson, and Allen at DE if we trade back. We're in a good position. 

Or.... draft a WR or OT if we trade back

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Josh Allen is 260lbs. So it’s not like he is light.  Mack is 250-255lbs and played well as a 4-3 end in oak.

Josh Allen is just a freak. He can play 4-3 end, 3-4 olb, and 4-3 Olb. 

Allen also has 2 inches on Mack so you'd think he could probably even pack on a few more pounds.  He still moves really well at 260, and has been gaining since last year, wouldn't be surprised if his end weight is around 270.

There are two LBers that registered 6 sacks or more once during Gregg Williams being in charge in his NFL career.  For me, I think Allen is better off at DE.  For top 3, I think Allen should be used as DE. 8-15 sacks from DE spot is better than 3-7 sacks from LB.

I am cool with him being in LB position and producing 10 sacks annually by default but the nature of Gregg's defense will limit Allen's talent severely in long term.  If his best attribute is harassing qb then using him at DE offers real deal.  Simple.

Shrine Game crap

Jamal Custis vs Blace Brown situation warranted Holy ****! lol.

Anyway, I have hard time to find Tyler Jones in the game.grr!  However, Lanard Bonner looked good as LG. Bonner has strength but still need more for NFL. Olisaemeka Udoh was impressive as he could squat and control blocker effortlessly.

Few prospects that are needed to look at for Gregg Williams' defense.

Akron's LB Ulysees Gibert III.

Weighed in as 6 0 225 but he looked stocky and moved around very well.

Colorado's LB Drew Lewis.

Played bigger than his size indicated. Had nasty demeanor.

Toledo's CB Ka'dar Hollman.

No problem dealing with big WRs but used hands a lot. Potentially penalty addict.

Wyoming's DB Andrew Wingard.

FS,SS,CB type player played without fear. 

Oregon's DE Justin Hollins.

Weighed in 6 5 245 but he was marvelous at hand usage and rush technique.  Need to check out his 10 split at the combine to offset his size at DE.

As for Offensive skill prospects that may help Jets as depth player or specialized role gig. 2 OLs are already mentioned above.

Auburn's WR Ryan Davis.

He is ridiculous in twitchy categories but will need to be utilized properly.

Georgia's WR Terry Godwin II

This dog has serious NFL skills. Forget number one bs. Forget Big Target bs.  Migraine pales in comparison with him.

Pittsburgh's RB Darrin Hall Jr.

He is not that fast but has strength and promising vision.  Receiving option will be the lowest, unfortunately.

Purdue's QB David Blough

Boise State's QB Brett Rypien

Both qbs are ideal for game managing qb just in case if Gase doesn't want to gamble hot and cold back up qb.

Edited by JetsandI

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

There are two LBers that registered 6 sacks or more once during Gregg Williams being in charge in his NFL career.  For me, I think Allen is better off at DE.  For top 3, I think Allen should be used as DE. 8-15 sacks from DE spot is better than 3-7 sacks from LB.

I am cool with him being in LB position and producing 10 sacks annually by default but the nature of Gregg's defense will limit Allen's talent severely in long term.  If his best attribute is harassing qb then using him at DE offers real deal.  Simple.

But he would play DE the majority of snaps because the majority of defensive snaps in today’s NFL are spent in sub packages...

25 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think we’re gonna be really interested in Rashan Gary, local guy, athletic, and has the dimensions that Williams looks for in his DE’s, would love to pair him and ZaDarius Smith together on the line

I doubt anyone in our braintrust really cares if he's local. Never really understood that logic.

I personally really wanna steal Flowers from NE after seeing him wreak havoc all playoffs. Get him & Z. Smith, have both your edge players locked in before the draft and don't be forced to have to reach for a guy like Gary.

I remember that one of FF's posts suggested Gary either lost weight or looked leaner.  I have been looking around for more information to see if Gary and his agent make a tiff goal like a full time EDGE at next level for richer contract(well, without indication). No Dices so far.... Until he checks in at the combine we can continue guessing where he will end up.

I find something about him back in 2015.  That kind attitude and habit sound like Edge may be out of question in long term for Gary.  Hell, Olisaemeka Udoh came out of HS as ******* 375 pound dude and he just weighed in for the Shrine Game and it was 328 lbs. Who knows.

https://usatodayhss.com/2015/the-rashan-gary-blog-learning-from-the-img-loss-the-michigan-trip-and-a-big-plate

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I doubt anyone in our braintrust really cares if he's local. Never really understood that logic.

I personally really wanna steal Flowers from NE after seeing him wreak havoc all playoffs. Get him & Z. Smith, have both your edge players locked in before the draft and don't be forced to have to reach for a guy like Gary.

I think he may have played himself out of NE price range which is great for us. Just throw enough money at him to get him here. I think he's a perfect fit in Gregg Williams scheme. 

• Like 1