2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Back to Draft strategy on WR.

Do you guys think Big Q should stay in Slot or on outside for as primary duty?  Personally, I rather to find someone that can change between slot and outside with Big Q but who knows what the hell Gase is going to do with him.

Keelan Doss could be a better Jarvis Landry for Gase. Don't you think?

Anyone?

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

When did Brady become recognized GOAT?  Mark his age.   Save RB until Darnold reaches one year or 2 younger than Brady's football birthday.  

And my point is he could be ruined by then.Ill start by saying I think Darnold probably has more natural talent than any QB to wear our jersey (maybe not Fabre butbthat was 1 season). So I think his odds of succeeding are higher then these next 2 guys I’m about to name.

We ruined Sanchez bc we have himnweoaijs for 2 seasons and then let them go. Which started his downfall. We never even gave Geno weapons to even judge what kid of QB he was. We can’t affird to do the same thing with skill positions to ruin a 3rd QB in a decade.

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anyone?

I agree, imo Q has the size, speed and talent to play the Z. He makes contested catches and can get yards after the catch. I think he can play the X but that’s usually reserved for a burner, like Robbie, that can beat a CB on speed.

I like the idea of getting a slot receiver to go along with Q and Robbie. There could be a number of them available with our 3rd round pick

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And my point is he could be ruined by then.Ill start by saying I think Darnold probably has more natural talent than any QB to wear our jersey (maybe not Fabre butbthat was 1 season). So I think his odds of succeeding are higher then these next 2 guys I’m about to name.

We ruined Sanchez bc we have himnweoaijs for 2 seasons and then let them go. Which started his downfall. We never even gave Geno weapons to even judge what kid of QB he was. We can’t affird to do the same thing with skill positions to ruin a 3rd QB in a decade.

There is a big difference between ruined and not enough weapons.  If a QB is going to ruined it's by his OL not his weapons so saying we ruined Sanchez is incorrect.  We still had a stable OL but he just wasn't good.  He's proven that his entire career that he was mediocre at best even when surrounded by great talent.  David Carr was ruined because he put his eyes on the rush and not his reads.  If you can't trust you OL and drop your eyes that's when you are ruined.  We needed Mark to take the next step because we couldn't keep all the WR talent in place.  He failed to do that which had more to do with his lack of development then it did losing Braylon Edwards.

QB's need a good system and a good OL, not Julio Jones.  You can prop a young QB up with a special WR but ultimately if they are going to develop it has nothing to do with throwing the ball up for grabs to a great WR or if they throw for 30+ TD's.  It's about going through reads and having a system that gets WR's open.  Can a great WR bail you out with great catches but that doesn't develop a QB.

I'd rather have 3 average WR's who run good routes and have quality hands then 1 Julio Jones and a bunch of below average guys.  If the QB is good he'll learn to make his reads and put the ball where it needs to be not rely on a great WR to be special all the time.

53 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I agree, imo Q has the size, speed and talent to play the Z. He makes contested catches and can get yards after the catch. I think he can play the X but that’s usually reserved for a burner, like Robbie, that can beat a CB on speed.

I like the idea of getting a slot receiver to go along with Q and Robbie. There could be a number of them available with our 3rd round pick

Gary Jennings for an example

57 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Oh man!  I tried to develop Jets draft without FA.  I basically am zero for 15.   Need FA to fill up all holes and then go into draft at relax setting.  Looking for draftees to fill muddy shoes is a horrendous way to rebuild the team.   I quit.

Well if we trade down from 3 to 7-8 and get a 2nd and 3rd, trade down from 7-8 to 11, pick up another 2nd than trade down from 11 to 25 and pick up a 2nd and 3rd, we would have a 1st, 3 2nds, and 4 3rds. Something like that would give us 8 picks in the top 87. Than miraculously we hit on them all, we’d get an OT, C, G, WR, RB, Pass rusher, and maybe another OL or WR.

it’s not going to happen but just for the heck of it I did something like that on a draft simulator and we came out with, next year’s 1st,  DE Ferguson at 29, OT Dillard, RB Montgomery and C/G McCovern in the 2nd; OG Benzschawel, WR Samuel and CB Fields in the 3rd, DE Bryant in the 4th, C Biadasz in 5th, and WRs Renfrow and Jennings in the 7th. Now that’s called wishful thinking lol

4 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Well if we trade down from 3 to 7-8 and get a 2nd and 3rd, trade down from 7-8 to 11, pick up another 2nd than trade down from 11 to 25 and pick up a 2nd and 3rd, we would have a 1st, 3 2nds, and 4 3rds. Something like that would give us 8 picks in the top 87. Than miraculously we hit on them all, we’d get an OT, C, G, WR, RB, Pass rusher, and maybe another OL or WR.

it’s not going to happen but just for the heck of it I did something like that on a draft simulator and we came out with, next year’s 1st,  DE Ferguson at 29, OT Dillard, RB Montgomery and C/G McCovern in the 2nd; OG Benzschawel, WR Samuel and CB Fields in the 3rd, DE Bryant in the 4th, C Biadasz in 5th, and WRs Renfrow and Jennings in the 7th. Now that’s called wishful thinking lol

That would be suicidal to look away top pass rushers for more draft picks.  You better check in for professional help. lol.

Also, it would be crazy to have multiple extra picks with Maccagnan the awful drafter being in charge.  Let's go, New York Swiss Cheese!

what draft simulator?  fanspeak?

There is my latest and last attempt mock draft without FA help.  Survivable or not?

Jets: 1.12, 2.44, 3.75 and 2020's 2nd round pick
Packers: 1.3 (OLB Brian Burns, FSU)

I used this url https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=gb for the logical trade.

Think Packers would do it? Well, I don't give a damn.  Packers are one of the worst EDGEs when you look at qb pressure. Burns is easily one of top legit pass rushing prospects. Packers need to get ahead of Buccaneers who may have a perfect long plan for Burns.  When the trade was made, no pass rusher was taken.  Why not trade down to get extra picks.  Heck, I am the most hatred poster on the FF so your hating won't make any difference for me. :P

Jets: 3.65 (T Chuma Edoga, USC)
Cardinals: OLB Jordan Jenkins.

The behavior of this is a scoop up and take BPA in a hurry.  Jets have to secure one of most exciting LT prospects without any second thought. Edoga will battle Kelvin Beachum for LT job. If lose, he will be backing up both T.  No problem. thumbs_up.gif

Cowboys sign S Earl Thomas
Jets: 5.160 and 2020's projected 5th round compensatory pick (Earl Thomas)
Seahawks: 5.141 (DL Kingsley Keke, TA&M).

I don't know if Keke would actually fall out of middle round but the reason to trade up by Seahawks is obvious. After Jets nabbed Saunders, I don't see any harm trading down and losing a solid UT in Keke. shrug.gif

1.12: DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson.
2.44: CB Rock Ya-Sin, Temple.
3.65: OT Chuma Edoga, USC.
3.68: C Garrett Bradbury, NC State.
3.75: DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois.
3.93: WR Gary Jennings, West Virginia.
4.105: LB Drew Lewis, Colorado.
5.160: DT/DE John Cominsky, Charleston.
7.219: ScatSlot Ryan Davis, Auburn.

Cominsky may be asked to lose some weight to play LE or bulk up some more weight to play UT.  Hence, DT/DE.

Jets already have 2nd round pick and 5th round compensatory pick in the book for 2020 draft.

Edited by JetsandI

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That would be suicidal to look away top pass rushers for more draft picks.  You better check in for professional help. lol.

Also, it would be crazy to have multiple extra picks with Maccagnan the awful drafter being in charge.  Let's go, New York Swiss Cheese!

First pick. Btw I was just making a joke, no way do I believe we would do anything like that

cool.  will check first pick out.

Edit: haha.  this first pick is definitely every fan's dream. That is flat out ridiculous.  I lost focus quick.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (WASH): Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 2 Pick 6 (JAX): Cajuste, Yodny, OT, West Virginia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 14 (WASH): Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (B+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (JAX): Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (N.E.): McGovern, Connor, C, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 12 (WASH): Campbell, Parris, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Beckner Jr, Terry, DT, Missouri (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (N.E.): Joseph, Vosean, OLB, Florida (A+)
Round 5 Pick 2: Hanks, Terrill, OLB, New Mexico State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31 (N.E.): Cheevers, Hamp, CB, Boston College (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3: Brady, Tyre, WR, Marshall (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11 (BUF): Dortch, Greg, WR, Wake Forest (A+)
Round 7 Pick 28 (BUF): Durham, Landis, DE, Texas AM (A)

Unreal.

Edited by JetsandI

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

There is my latest and last attempt mock draft without FA help.  Survivable or not?

I used this url https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=gb for the logical trade.

Think Packers would do it? Well, I don't give a damn.  Packers are one of the worst EDGEs when you look at qb pressure. Burns is easily one of top legit pass rushing prospects. Packers need to get ahead of Buccaneers who may have a perfect long plan for Burns.  When the trade was made, no pass rusher was taken.  Why not trade down to get extra picks.  Heck, I am the most hatred poster on the FF so your hating won't make any difference for me. :P

The behavior of this is a scoop up and take BPA in a hurry.  Jets have to secure one of most exciting LT prospects without any second thought. Edoga will battle Kelvin Beachum for LT job. If lose, he will be backing up both T.  No problem. thumbs_up.gif

I don't know if Keke would actually fall out of middle round but the reason to trade up by Seahawks is obvious. After Jets nabbed Saunders, I don't see any harm trading down and losing a solid UT in Keke. shrug.gif

1.12: DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson.
2.44: CB Rock Ya-Sin, Temple.
3.65: OT Chuma Edoga, USC.
3.68: C Garrett Bradbury, NC State.
3.75: DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois.
3.93: WR Gary Jennings, West Virginia.
4.105: LB Drew Lewis, Colorado.
5.160: DT/DE John Cominsky, Charleston.
7.219: ScatSlot Ryan Davis, Auburn.

Cominsky may be asked to lose some weight to play LE or bulk up some more weight to play UT.  Hence, DT/DE.

Jets already have 2nd round pick and 5th round compensatory pick in the book for 2020 draft.

Zero chance Jordan Jenkins yields a 3rd, but looks good otherwise.

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Unfortunately you are correct, we have one shot in the upcoming draft, and we better get it right. I also agree with you on Macc's later round picks, he has been horrible in the last four years of his drafting. We have one pick in the first 65 picks in the draft, how can you build thru the draft under those circumstances. I sure can't get excited about this years draft, without those two second round picks we lost in the Darnold deal. With that said we must get a top player with our third overall pick in the draft.

Edited by doumeyer