2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

41 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So if we stay at 3, can’t trade back, and Bosa/Allen are gone, who do you guys pick at 3 as of now?  Personally, I’d prob go Q Williams. 

I’d go Quinenn too, elite talent but I’d really want to move down to target Dillard, Taylor, Gary, or Ferrell

• Like 1

Being at 3 with no trade back partners with Allen and Bosa gone is a nightmare scenario really for this franchise, and will more than likely set us back. BPA is Q. Williams, but he doesn't help this team much. DT is not an issue for us. So ya we add a great talent, but it doesn't elevate this team much.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Being at 3 with no trade back partners with Allen and Bosa gone is a nightmare scenario really for this franchise, and will more than likely set us back. BPA is Q. Williams, but he doesn't help this team much. DT is not an issue for us. So ya we add a great talent, but it doesn't elevate this team much.

You are right but if we take Jonah “I’m more of a guard than tackle” Williams at 3 I will lose my #%$&ing mind. I would actually rather take Q, and have the best interior pass rush in football. I agree though, we really need the outside rusher badly. 

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You are right but if we take Jonah “I’m more of a guard than tackle” Williams at 3 I will lose my #%$&ing mind. I would actually rather take Q, and have the best interior pass rush in football. I agree though, we really need the outside rusher badly. 

I think it honestly depends on how you project Q.  If you think he's a double-digit sack DT, you're fine.  The Rams exterior pass rush isn't anything special.  If you can add an edge or 2 in FA/middle rounds of the draft, you can be fine.  

• Like 3

I would take Gary at 3 over Q if that scenario played out and Bosa/Allen were both gone.  I've been reading up on Williams defense and Gary would be a great fit.  He'd be an edge in base and a 3-tech in pass rushing situations.  Henry would be 3-tech in base and Williams would be the 1-tech along with Shepard/Pennel rotating in.  Gregg loves his linemen smaller and quicker to penetrate.

As for FA I think Barr is going to be very high on our list.  His ability to cover and rush kind of do it all LB I think will appeal to Williams.  He drops his DE's into coverage a ton and Barr is about as good as it gets for that.  He had Garrett standing up at 7-9 tech at times which Barr would fit there perfectly.

I think we look something like this come next year.

Base/Run defense - Jenkins (7-tech), (Anderson or Pennel), Williams (will slide to 3-tech if Pennel is in at the 1-tech), Gary (RDE)

Nickel/pass rush - Barr (7/9-tech), Gary (3-tech), Williams (1-tech), Jenkins (RDE)

Being in a situation where you can unleash Barr, Anderson, Williams, and Gary as a four man rush you have a ton of options to play with that I think Williams would love to play with.  Especially having a hybrid like Adams to mix in.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Elway was apparently talking extensively with the Jets at the senior bowl per reports.  I mocked them as a trade down option.  They love Lock and could want to jump into the 5 to get him.

Just saw that report confirmed as well which is great news for a trade down.  I really want Allen or Bosa or trade down.  Anything else would be a major disappointment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I saw something on the FB Jets group....10th pick Von Miller and something else for 3rd pick

I’ve seen this mentioned too. It’s an interesting thought. Realistically, it’d cost Denver at least their 2nd and next years 1st. Elway might see more value in that then in Von. 

Von Miller has been mentioned to be involved a trade almost every month since Peyton Manning retired.

Whether or not Von Miller going to Jets, Broncos won't do it prior to Jets being on the clock.   Drew Lock is said to be able to absorb new offense well and Giants and Jaguars could trade up to #1 or #2 for him. 

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Von Miller has been mentioned to be involved a trade almost every month since Peyton Manning retired.

Whether or not Von Miller going to Jets, Broncos won't do it prior to Jets being on the clock.   Drew Lock is said to be able to absorb new offense well and Giants and Jaguars could trade up to #1 or #2 for him. 

The QB process still ahs to play out. 3 of these guys can get into the top 5-10 conversation once its said and done. Might be like last year where a team trades up to a spot guaranteeing them 1 of the 3 bc they like all 3 and know they want a QB (like us last draft). I'm not saying this class is as talented... but it doesn't mean that QB needy teams wont attack these QBs the same way as last year though.

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The QB process still ahs to play out. 3 of these guys can get into the top 5-10 conversation once its said and done. Might be like last year where a team trades up to a spot guaranteeing them 1 of the 3 bc they like all 3 and know they want a QB (like us last draft). I'm not saying this class is as talented... but it doesn't mean that QB needy teams wont attack these QBs the same way as last year though.

As long as Bosa and Allen remain as the top 2 prospects, there remains a large probability that someone is going to trade up to #3 to get the #1 QB on the board. If we see trades for the #1 and #2 slot, we're pretty much guaranteed an elite edge. Not my favorite scenario, but to be frank this draft is not the best for offense needy teams. If we get a top 5 NFL pass rusher at #3, then it's a pill I can swallow.

It looks like reality has finally set in on this board, how bad this draft could go for us. It is no bodies fault, we had had to give up the two second rounds picks  to get Darnold. And to have a overall third pick in the draft, and not one impact offensive player worth the third pick in the draft. Our best hope is a passer rusher could fall to us at three.  You can be sure no team is going to give us two second round picks to move up to our third pick,  like the Bears got from us last year. The way I see it now our only hope is we score big time in the FA market. If we do score big in the FA market it will take all the pressure off our draft. This kind of bad luck only happens to the our JETS.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

It looks like reality has finally set in on this board, how bad this draft could go for us. It is no bodies fault, we had had to give up the two second rounds picks  to get Darnold. And to have a overall third pick in the draft, and not one impact offensive player worth the third pick in the draft. Our best hope is a passer rusher could fall to us at three.  You can be sure no team is going to give us two second round picks to move up to our third pick,  like the Bears got from us last year. The way I see it now our only hope is we score big time in the FA market. If we do score big in the FA market it will take all the pressure off our draft. This kind of bad luck only happens to the our JETS.

I appreciate your opinion but I don’t agree with the negative concept. I actually think we are in a key position to get a bounty of picks to move down or secondly a team trades in front of us and we get Bosa or Allen. 

We have so much cash for FA to get at least two pieces on the o-line, a RB (doesn’t even have to be Bell) and another playmaker if we wanted.

We are set at QB now so let’s hope macc attacks this offseason and improves this team massively.