2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Darrell Henderson RB from Memphis is another RB high on my list. Thrives in space and can run between the tackles. KInda like 1 step below Jacobs. If we don't land Bell or draft Jacobs in Round 1 and we trade back acquire a 2nd and Henderson is there... I'd run up to the podium for him.

Mac will run up and take a 25 year old free safety or trade down while acquiring a 6th round pick and take a WR that won’t be in the NFL in year two. Has anyone taught this man how the draft works? 

So really random but I was just looking at San Frans d-line and I don’t see a fit for Bosa or J-Allen. They have Thomas and Armstead on the edges. Buckner st the 3-tech. Need an upgrade at the 1-tech. Personally, I’d put my money on them doing everything possible to trade down and if not, selecting Q-Williams. Josh Allen makes more sense scheme wise than Bosa, so maybe Bosa somehow falls to 3. 

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So really random but I was just looking at San Frans d-line and I don’t see a fit for Bosa or J-Allen. They have Thomas and Armstead on the edges. Buckner st the 3-tech. Need an upgrade at the 1-tech. Personally, I’d put my money on them doing everything possible to trade down and if not, selecting Q-Williams. Josh Allen makes more sense scheme wise than Bosa, so maybe Bosa somehow falls to 3. 

I really think we see a QB needy team move up ahead of us to secure someone they love. The QB talent pool is thin and the further the draft goes the more competition there is for trading up.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Arik Armstead will be UFA after this season so DE is not out of option.  49ers have plenty of DT choices throughout the draft while DE group is light. Good idea to get top pass rusher and settle with 2nd tier DT in the middle round.

Edited by JetsandI

41 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Arik Armstead will be UFA after this season so DE is not out of option.  49ers have plenty of DT choices throughout the draft while DE group is light. Good idea to get top pass rusher and settle with 2nd tier DT in the middle round.

Arik's nasty though.  Idk, I don't see it personally.

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Armstead is 6-8 290 and had 3 sacks this year and has 9 career sacks.  He should be playing 3 tech most of the time, they need a guyh that can come around the edge.  Thomas had 1 sack this year and has 4 on his career.  You just mentioned two guys who had a combined 4 sacks this year as a reason they don't need a pass rusher??  I think you just pointed out exactly why they need a pass rusher so bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Another thing is that they have some money to spend. They'll be players in FA for edge rushers as well.

Don’t discount Mayock and Oakland using some of their draft capital to move up for Bosa. Arizona might want to move down. With no QB worth the top pick, the price might not be that steep, maybe 4, another one of their 1st and a 2nd. At 4 they probably still get the guy they want (OT and DB).  

37 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Don’t discount Mayock and Oakland using some of their draft capital to move up for Bosa. Arizona might want to move down. With no QB worth the top pick, the price might not be that steep, maybe 4, another one of their 1st and a 2nd. At 4 they probably still get the guy they want (OT and DB).  

Jon Gruden is the man, Mike Mayock isn't.

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Armstead is 6-8 290 and had 3 sacks this year and has 9 career sacks.  He should be playing 3 tech most of the time, they need a guyh that can come around the edge.  Thomas had 1 sack this year and has 4 on his career.  You just mentioned two guys who had a combined 4 sacks this year as a reason they don't need a pass rusher??  I think you just pointed out exactly why they need a pass rusher so bad. 

Here’s a question though. Arik is one of the best run stopping DE’s in the league which is why he consistently grades out extremely well.  You have Buckner as your 3-tech.  If you draft Allen or Bosa as a LEO, do you move on from Solomon Thomas who was the 3rd overall pick in 2017?  Q would provide interior pass rush and depth chart wise, makes more sense. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Darrell Henderson RB from Memphis is another RB high on my list. Thrives in space and can run between the tackles. KInda like 1 step below Jacobs. If we don't land Bell or draft Jacobs in Round 1 and we trade back acquire a 2nd and Henderson is there... I'd run up to the podium for him.

I said this to you earlier in my argument as to not draft Jacobs at 3 overall.  Don't think Henderson goes that high though ...think he is more of a 3-5 rounder at this point. 

Edited by JetsFan15

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

I said this to you earlier in my argument as to not draft Jacobs at 3 overall.  Don't think Henderson goes that high though ...think he is more of a 3-5 rounder at this point. 

He’s the 2nd best receiving back in the draft behind Jacobs he’ll go top 50

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Here’s a question though. Arik is one of the best run stopping DE’s in the league which is why he consistently grades out extremely well.  You have Buckner as your 3-tech.  If you draft Allen or Bosa as a LEO, do you move on from Solomon Thomas who was the 3rd overall pick in 2017?  Q would provide interior pass rush and depth chart wise, makes more sense. 

The 49ers are mostly playing 4 man fronts now.  Thomas should be playing in the middle, he is far more effective in the middle than as an edge guy, he doesn't have the bend.  Arik is kind of the same, I can see him playing outside on running downs but I think he would be more effective as a pass rusher in the middle.  That is what 49er fans are complaining about is that they have 3 guys with similar skill sets.  Buckner is larger and well..... better, though he might be the only guy that can only play inside.  But Q would basically be a better version of Thomas and Arik in my opinion.  

They need a guy that can bend the edge to go with their guys that can push the pocket.  Bosa would be ideal because he is tailor made to play DE in a 4 man front.  Allen would be a nice consolation prize, though Allen can move around a bit more and do things like drop into coverage, but in reality he is a flat out edge bender made to get to the QB.  

• Like 1