2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

For what it’s worth, Tony Pauline’s mock has us taking him and thinks he is a better fit for Williams than Allen. When it comes to edge rushers, i still use the “Waldo” low risk formula from the old site for twitch and explosiveness.  If we’re looking for a pass rusher and drafting 3rd, the player should be low risk, imo. 

http://www.draftanalyst.com/two-round-mock-draft-february-4

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

When I try to click the link and access the old site it re-routes me back to this new one.  Do you have the research about Ferrell in regards to his Waldo score and where he ranks in terms of risk?

50 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

When I try to click the link and access the old site it re-routes me back to this new one.  Do you have the research about Ferrell in regards to his Waldo score and where he ranks in terms of risk?

Click on "cancel" button. 

You will need to collect all information to do the Waldo math.  All of them will come from the combine or pro day.   Sadly, not all players won't be tested by the same tool.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

19 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Click on "cancel" button. 

You will need to collect all information to do the Waldo math.  All of them will come from the combine or pro day.   Sadly, not all players won't be tested by the same tool.

Right, most of the data needed will be available after the combine results are in. The only one that’s not official is the 10yard split but I’m sure someone in the Draft forum will post them. Some players won’t participate in all drills so you may need to see their results from their pro day.

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets will have to make a very hard decision in the draft. You are going to have Bosa there at 3 and other teams trying to trade up for a QB. I'm hoping they trade down 1 or 2 spots and still get Bosa. Remember price of draft picks always go up as the day gets closer. The longer we wait to trade the better picks we get. There is a lot of new coaches this year that want to draft THEIR QB. 

Never say never in the draft because anything can happen, but i would bet my house that the Jets don't have to make that decision at 3.  I really don't think Bosa gets past the first 2 picks.  If he does you take him unless you get a killer trade package.  Also there is no way if he is on the board at 3 that we trade back and he makes it to us more than 1 pick back.  Oakland is at 4 and they had the worst pass rush in the NFL by a wide wide margin..... they had 13 sacks on the year..... that is insane.

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Never say never in the draft because anything can happen, but i would bet my house that the Jets don't have to make that decision at 3.  I really don't think Bosa gets past the first 2 picks.  If he does you take him unless you get a killer trade package.  Also there is no way if he is on the board at 3 that we trade back and he makes it to us more than 1 pick back.  Oakland is at 4 and they had the worst pass rush in the NFL by a wide wide margin..... they had 13 sacks on the year..... that is insane.

Unless they trade back as well bc another team is moving up for a QB. Best thing that can happen for us is that Haskins, Murray and Lock light up all the pre draft stuff

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Unless they trade back as well bc another team is moving up for a QB. Best thing that can happen for us is that Haskins, Murray and Lock light up all the pre draft stuff

I think both 1 and 2 being traded for QB's is our ONLY chance at Bosa.  Because Bosa is exactly what SF wants.  

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I actually prefer Allen. But that’s just my personal choice

I think Bosa is better right this second, especially when it comes to technique, but I think Allen has the higher ceiling.  Especially if he can continue to improve on his pass rush moves and counters.  

Just now, rampantjet said:

I think Bosa is better right this second, especially when it comes to technique, but I think Allen has the higher ceiling.  Especially if he can continue to improve on his pass rush moves and counters.  

I used this comparison before. I view Bosa along the Clowney line and Allen along to Mack line. Not saying that’s what they’ll become. I just think Bosa is probably the more Sure thing. But Allen can be great and is more versatile. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I used this comparison before. I view Bosa along the Clowney line and Allen along to Mack line. Not saying that’s what they’ll become. I just think Bosa is probably the more Sure thing. But Allen can be great and is more versatile. 

I get what you are trying to say and i agree, i just wouldn't use Clowney as the comp.  Clowney was pure freak mode athleticism.  Bosa is technique and hand usage.  I think Bosa will be plenty athletic but not some sort of freak.  I think Allen can wander into the freak territory but the combine will tell.  He is certainly a crazy fluid mover.  In the rare instance where he dropped back into man coverage the guy was playing tight man 25+ yards down field and even breaking up passes.  That is scary for a 260lb dude.  He just needs to use his hands more and even get 1 or 2 counter moves and he will be a force of nature.

I would take Allen over Bosa any day. Allen is the best pass rusher this year that will put up 10 plus sacks a year. I think Allen is gone before Bosa and I place a QB in the top 2 so that pushes Boas to 3. I just can't see a QB not going in the top 2 especially after this years of QB doing really well. Over all the Jets are in a great spot. I think pick 3 is a golden spot to be because the price for pick 1 is always WAY to high. 

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would take Allen over Bosa any day. Allen is the best pass rusher this year that will put up 10 plus sacks a year. I think Allen is gone before Bosa and I place a QB in the top 2 so that pushes Boas to 3. I just can't see a QB not going in the top 2 especially after this years of QB doing really well. Over all the Jets are in a great spot. I think pick 3 is a golden spot to be because the price for pick 1 is always WAY to high. 

I mean this years QB crop played ok, and that is considering that last years class was viewed as historically good.  This years class is viewed as historically bad.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

Trade back at take whoever falls.  We really need a 2nd rounder this year....

You only trade back if Bosa/Allen are gone AND someone doesn’t stand out in the process. You also only trade back if the team coming up is taking a QB because if they don’t you’re removing a player off your board. A lot depends on Free Agency. If we fill every hole with either a top end talent or depth then we can pretty much trade back and go BPA while adding more depth with additional picks. But if we go into the draft with a huge hole somewhere then we may get stuck reaching or going into the season with a clear deficiency.