2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

23 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You only trade back if Bosa/Allen are gone AND someone doesn’t stand out in the process. You also only trade back if the team coming up is taking a QB because if they don’t you’re removing a player off your board. A lot depends on Free Agency. If we fill every hole with either a top end talent or depth then we can pretty much trade back and go BPA while adding more depth with additional picks. But if we go into the draft with a huge hole somewhere then we may get stuck reaching or going into the season with a clear deficiency.

I don’t necessarily agree with this. Getting 1 of Bosa or Allen I certainly wouldn’t dislike. But I’m still all for a trade back of 1 of them are there. Move back and have more options for players and add several more valuable picks.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t necessarily agree with this. Getting 1 of Bosa or Allen I certainly wouldn’t dislike. But I’m still all for a trade back of 1 of them are there. Move back and have more options for players and add several more valuable picks.

You never agree with me. What else is new?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You never agree with me. What else is new?

I think a lot don’t agree with what you said. I don’t think many are in the thoughts of if Allen or Boss are that at 3, that’s we run up to the podium and draft 1 of them. I actually think more than 75% of us want antrade back no matter who is available at 3. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think a lot don’t agree with what you said. I don’t think many are in the thoughts of if Allen or Boss are that at 3, that’s we run up to the podium and draft 1 of them. I actually think more than 75% of us want antrade back no matter who is available at 3. 

Don’t speak for others. You’re getting really annoying. 

Anyway I speak MY opinion. It’s no more or less valid than yours or anyone else’s.

if Bosa or Allen is there that’s who we should pick barring someone else standing out during the process. They’ve been the consensus around here for weeks. 

Dont speak for 75% of posters, speak for yourself. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Don’t speak for others. You’re getting really annoying. 

Anyway I speak MY opinion. It’s no more or less valid than yours or anyone else’s.

if Bosa or Allen is there that’s who we should pick barring someone else standing out during the process. They’ve been the consensus around here for weeks. 

Dont speak for 75% of posters, speak for yourself. 

Poor baby I'll get you a tissue bc I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry you get you panties in a knot when people disagree with you. And it is a FACT if you actually read what others post besides just your own opinion that most want us to trade back. Maybe that's your problem... is you see your opinion and don't take others into consideration. Its your way or your dumb. And that's quite frankly becoming a problem on this forum. That people cant respect others opinions. And that if they do disagree with an opinion its that they don't like you. I'm guessing that's bc most of you are millennials and got a trophy for finishing last and such. Man up. Respect opinions while voicing yours, and don't get all hurt when someone disagrees.

No where in my post was I disrespectful to you. I just pointed out that most of us have a different opinion than yours. You choose to react the way you did. And quite frankly that's what's annoying... not me voicing my opinion in a respectful way.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Poor baby I'll get you a tissue bc I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry you get you panties in a knot when people disagree with you. And it is a FACT if you actually read what others post besides just your own opinion that most want us to trade back. Maybe that's your problem... is you see your opinion and don't take others into consideration. Its your way or your dumb. And that's quite frankly becoming a problem on this forum. That people cant respect others opinions. And that if they do disagree with an opinion its that they don't like you. I'm guessing that's bc most of you are millennials and got a trophy for finishing last and such. Man up. Respect opinions while voicing yours, and don't get all hurt when someone disagrees.

No where in my post was I disrespectful to you. I just pointed out that most of us have a different opinion than yours. You choose to react the way you did. And quite frankly that's what's annoying... not me voicing my opinion in a respectful way.

I never said you were disrespectful until you said I wear panties but shoutout to you calling me a baby as well, I’ll let Webmaster know about that one btw. Good day man, nothing really to talk about if you’re going to insult me. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

I agree that I would not us to pass on Bosa or Allen if that (mean not take them or trade back).  Therefore, I hope Macc sits tight has some convos pre-draft and sees how the top 2 spots play out.  I doubt anyone will blow us a ways with an offer prior to the draft for the 3rd pick .... by that I mean something like this years 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st plus. 

I think it really depends on what the trade down is.  I've heard chatter that we may likely get less then what we paid chart because there isn't a great QB and not many teams looking to trade up.

If you are telling me we would pass on Bosa/Allen and drop to #7 for a 2nd rounder and another mid round pick or future 2nd/3rd type pick.  I'd pass and just take the sure thing.  Bosa/Allen are going to be elite pass rushers and passing on one of them for a trade down without getting real value would bother me.  Signing a good pass rusher plus adding an elite pass rusher in the draft would be great for this team/defense next year.

A Barr/Bosa combo would be killer additions to this defense.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think it really depends on what the trade down is.  I've heard chatter that we may likely get less then what we paid chart because there isn't a great QB and not many teams looking to trade up.

If you are telling me we would pass on Bosa/Allen and drop to #7 for a 2nd rounder and another mid round pick or future 2nd/3rd type pick.  I'd pass and just take the sure thing.  Bosa/Allen are going to be elite pass rushers and passing on one of them for a trade down without getting real value would bother me.  Signing a good pass rusher plus adding an elite pass rusher in the draft would be great for this team/defense next year.

A Barr/Bosa combo would be killer additions to this defense.

As long as Maccagnan is in charge, we already know the answer. lol.

DE class in this draft is weak so it is clearly stupid to pass on either Bosa or Allen or both.  And that is for with OR without Barr. 

For whatever reason Jets would pass on both in favor of extra mid rounder, I do hope Gary, Ferrell and Sweat show something legit as DE at next level as a highly acceptable consolation. I have been reading around the draft prospects for DE after 2nd round and there are a lot of them are either undersized or developmental or specialized. That would be a miracle if Jets find a gem in that department.

edit: Dr. O beat me. What is up with the speed of FF? eh?

Edited by JetsandI

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

As long as Maccagnan is in charge, we already know the answer. lol.

DE class in this draft is weak so it is clearly stupid to pass on either Bosa or Allen or both.  And that is for with OR without Barr. 

For whatever reason Jets would pass on both in favor of extra mid rounder, I do hope Gary, Ferrell and Sweat show something legit as DE at next level as a highly acceptable consolation. I have been reading around the draft prospects for DE after 2nd round and there are a lot of them are either undersized or developmental or specialized. That would be a miracle if Jets find a gem in that department.

edit: Dr. O beat me. What is up with the speed of FF? eh?

The haul would be A LOT more than just a mid rounder. Lets say we trade back with Denver. You are talking us probably getting their 1st this year (10th pick), their 2nd and 3rd Rounders this year and either there 1st or at least 2nd next year as well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The haul would be A LOT more than just a mid rounder. Lets say we trade back with Denver. You are talking us probably getting their 1st this year (10th pick), their 2nd and 3rd Rounders this year and either there 1st or at least 2nd next year as well.

Depend on what actual trade down. I merely think of the worst possibility.