Sign in to follow this  
Dr.O

2019 prospects and outlook

There is no way you could possibly convince me Gurley or Barkley aren’t worthy of a top 10 pick. Barkley especially. Those guys absolutely should be drafted early in the first round.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

There is no way you could possibly convince me Gurley or Barkley aren’t worthy of a top 10 pick. Barkley especially. Those guys absolutely should be drafted early in the first round.

Only a fool would argue your point, with Barkley we are see the next coming of Jim Brown, big strong and fast. Putting up big numbers already.

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

You couldn't argue they are top 10 talents because they are both special players.  However you could argue value quite easily and there in lies the problem.  

Barkley looks insanely special and OBJ might be the best WR in the game yet the Giants offense is pathetic.  Gurley in year 2 was basically useless until McVay stepped in.  Unless you land Gurley or Barkley and they immediately step in as top 5 players at their position the value just isn't great.  I'd argue the others like McCaffrey, Gordon, Fournette and maybe even Zeke were bad picks though.  Hell as great as Barkley is and he may already be the best back in football behind a healthy/playing Bell was not a great pick.  Barkley might be 25 before the Giants get a competitive team around him if they are lucky enough to find a QB.  LA went all in on Goff and got lucky with McVay.  Giants better do the same or Barkley will get 2k yardages every season and never sniff the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

You couldn't argue they are top 10 talents because they are both special players.  However you could argue value quite easily and there in lies the problem.  

Barkley looks insanely special and OBJ might be the best WR in the game yet the Giants offense is pathetic.  Gurley in year 2 was basically useless until McVay stepped in.  Unless you land Gurley or Barkley and they immediately step in as top 5 players at their position the value just isn't great.  I'd argue the others like McCaffrey, Gordon, Fournette and maybe even Zeke were bad picks though.  Hell as great as Barkley is and he may already be the best back in football behind a healthy/playing Bell was not a great pick.  Barkley might be 25 before the Giants get a competitive team around him if they are lucky enough to find a QB.  LA went all in on Goff and got lucky with McVay.  Giants better do the same or Barkley will get 2k yardages every season and never sniff the playoffs.

I wonder if Eli is at the end of the line.  He has had a long career and never missed a game because of a injury. been a pocket pass his whole career. That might be the reason.

What does everyone think of getting one of these players in the 1st round:

WR N'Keal Harry 

OT Greg Little

LB Devin White

also what are thoughts on trading out of the 1st round? 

10 hours ago, Erncredible24 said:

What does everyone think of getting one of these players in the 1st round:

WR N'Keal Harry 

OT Greg Little

LB Devin White

also what are thoughts on trading out of the 1st round? 

Don’t think we would be interested in White after signing Avery and Lee sort of fun being his ground so far this year, would be cool with Harry or Metcalf at WR, Williams, Little, or Cajuste at OT