2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

So far I can remember, there are a several participants that have questionable characters.

Jachai Polite - Maturity issue.

Noah Fant - Maturity issue.

Jonathan Ledbetter -  Arrested twice within 4 months. One stick with DUI.

Gerald Willis III -  Repeat offenders in both on and off fields.

Jerry Tillery - A Prick. A Cancer. Awful team player.

Dexter Lawrence - PED busted.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were highly interested in DeAndre Baker and Greedy Williams, pass happy league so you can never have enough pass rushers or CB’s and would fill a big need, plus it seems like Greggs scheme is pretty CB dependent.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were highly interested in DeAndre Baker and Greedy Williams, pass happy league so you can never have enough pass rushers or CB’s and would fill a big need, plus it seems like Greggs scheme is pretty CB dependent.

You not alone.   In fact, Jets only have one "legitimate" CB on the roster of 2019 right now.

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm still a fan of Dexter Lawrence. He just reminds me of Kris Jenkins and the way he used to use his hands. That's if he falls into the 2nd and we get a pick. 

Man... Kris Jenkins might be one of my all time favorite Jets.  I think Lawrence needs to add a bit more to his pass rush and penetration to be Jenkins, but he has the skill set to do it. 

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Is this in the event of a trade back?  I can't see us being interested in either at 3.  

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Is this in the event of a trade back?  I can't see us being interested in either at 3.  

Yes, I have a feeling that no matter who is there at 3 Macc will attempt to move back to recoup some draft capital. Baker and Williams I can see making an instant impact especially Baker in Greggs scheme

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Marquise Brown is out for Combine and Pro Day because of foot surgery. Ouch!  Hopefully, he is there for measurements because I am curious about his body size.

Tough break for him. He's still one of my favorite players. I think he'll be one of the better receivers in this class. But this likely knocks him out of the first round. Even with this injury, I find it hard to believe he'll fall out of the 2nd.