2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm just blown away at how people here can actually say they wouldn't want Quinnen on this team. He's the best player in this draft. He's not my top choice but he's in my top 3 for sure. I can understand why some people could prefer Bosa or Allen because the talent drop-off isnt much but anyone beyond that and you're talking nonsense. That's sacrificing talent for need and that's criminal at the top of the draft. This is how bad teams stay bad.

The way I see it, when you're a team with a lot of holes you go BPA. Unless you're like us and have most needs filled with a few glaring holes, then you can take a slightly less talented player in Allen over a guy like Q, which is where I think we're at. But to remove him off your board altogether would be blasphemy. If everything went horribly wrong and Bosa and Allen go 1-2, then Q is a perfectly fine contingency plan. Reaching for Brian Burns would be insane.

Some people wrote BB with hope.  Still, Big Q shouldn't be neglected at all.

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We don’t need QWill because we have Henry Anderson guys. 

I've never said Anderson is better than Q. But Anderson is good. Therefore making DE not a need. Q is not a NT. He's Leo pretty much. If Q was a NT it could considered. But he's not. Can you play him at NT? Sure. But then he's wasted. We've already wasted several guys careers by playing them out of position. We draft Q and here's the situations we put ourselves in...

1. We bench Anderson or Q. Depends on who is playing better I guess.

2. We play 1 of them out of position therefore either wasting 1 of them, bc none of the 3 are a 4-3 DEs and none of the 3 are a NT.

3. We decide to draft Q, have already paid Anderson and like idiots we let Leo walk.

22 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm just blown away at how people here can actually say they wouldn't want Quinnen on this team. He's the best player in this draft. He's not my top choice but he's in my top 3 for sure. I can understand why some people could prefer Bosa or Allen because the talent drop-off isnt much but anyone beyond that and you're talking nonsense. That's sacrificing talent for need and that's criminal at the top of the draft. This is how bad teams stay bad.

The way I see it, when you're a team with a lot of holes you go BPA. Unless you're like us and have most needs filled with a few glaring holes, then you can take a slightly less talented player in Allen over a guy like Q, which is where I think we're at. But to remove him off your board altogether would be blasphemy. If everything went horribly wrong and Bosa and Allen go 1-2, then Q is a perfectly fine contingency plan. Reaching for Brian Burns would be insane.

In terms of Q. I just think the chances of a DT becoming a game changer is so slim. Look at the league how many DTs are game changers? Donald, Cox, Atkins. That’s it. Those guys are so rare. Maybe Q becomes one of those guys. Chances are he will be a good player like Leo. 

Edge guys are more likely to be impact guys even if they don’t become all world. 

I really like Burns. So to most he’s a reach. I don’t see it that way. I’m just a regular fan. But just like there are scouts who are high on Josh Allen, there are scouts who are high on Burns. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I've never said Anderson is better than Q. But Anderson is good. Therefore making DE not a need. Q is not a NT. He's Leo pretty much. If Q was a NT it could considered. But he's not. Can you play him at NT? Sure. But then he's wasted. We've already wasted several guys careers by playing them out of position. We draft Q and here's the situations we put ourselves in...

2. We play 1 of them out of position therefore either wasting 1 of them, bc none of the 3 are a 4-3 DEs and none of the 3 are a NT.

3. We decide to draft Q, have already paid Anderson and like idiots we let Leo walk.

I never said you said Henry Anderson was better. You cited Anderson as a reason not to take QWill. 

IF they draft QWill then you mix and match fronts

1-3-5 tech

QWill-Leo-Henry with Copeland off the edge. Not ideal but it works 

There’s ways to make it work and next year you cut Anderson, re-sign Leo and keep moving forward. 

Would I take QWill or Oliver over Allen? No Because I think he’s close to both of them. But if Macc takes QWill I’d understand it. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Q played primarily NT at Bama

1a. Bosa

1b. Quinnen

3. Allen

Not just taking an EDGE because we haven't had one in years. Draft has to be BPA.  I would be more upset if we passed on Quinnen for Allen. We can harp on the ineptitude of Macc until the cows come home, however you can't be mad if he takes Q, you can be mad that he didn't address EDGE in FA at all which is where you address your needs. 

Edited by BJets512
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Q played primarily NT at Bama

Yea but in the NCAA every OG and OC arent 300+ lbs.  He was miscast at NT cause of need and he excelled cause he won on pure athleticism. That wont work in the NFL. Same story for Oliver, a NT in college but def not one in the pros.

How many guys play OT in the NCAA and are forced to switch to guard? Your position in college means very little except in terms of ability to learn the position.

Don't use Big Q as an insurance for either Leonard Williams walking out or Henry Anderson being cut next off season.  Playing Big Q as he is needed to be on field with Williams and Anderson/Nathan Shepherd.  Worry about the service of Williams and other DE later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yea but in the NCAA every OG and OC arent 300+ lbs.  He was miscast at NT cause of need and he excelled cause he won on pure athleticism. That wont work in the NFL. Same story for Oliver, a NT in college but def not one in the pros.

How many guys play OT in the NCAA and are forced to switch to guard? Your position in college means very little except in terms of ability to learn the position.

What facet of Q’s game limits him from playing NT?