2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Is their any buzz to that team are at all weary of Bosa not playing a year and injuries? I feel like he could slip to us at 3. That Allen could go before him bc he is injury free and the production is leaps and bounds better than Bosa.

Not exactly..   He quit school.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. Where as Allen played and had a great season while getting double teamed. There’s literally almost twice the film on Allen than Bosa.

It’s debatable. I was the first person to bring up Allen earlier in the year and am very high on him, but he has nowhere near the pass rush moves Bosa has.  He’s better in coverage, etc. then Bosa though and more versatile. With that said, Allen was almost never double-teamed in that D, so not sure where you got that from. Most of the time he beat tackles to the outside with his speed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Is their any buzz to that team are at all weary of Bosa not playing a year and injuries? I feel like he could slip to us at 3. That Allen could go before him bc he is injury free and the production is leaps and bounds better than Bosa.

None at all. I think because of Joey teams don’t care about Nick’s red flags.

8 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yea, but he isnt going against NCAA guys next season. The offensive lines will be much bigger, faster, stronger, and more technical. 

You dont draft Q as a NT. Hes a penetrating DE/DT. Using him as a NT would waste a pick and hurt Q's career.

This has to be the least impressive argument i have ever heard against Q.  Which one of the prospects that we might take in this years draft was going against NFL players last year?  Of course Q was going against NCAA guys..... but he was also doing it in the toughest conference in college football, and he was thrashing people.  He is the top rated interior D lineman in the history of PFF.....  We can only judge any of these guys against college players but he was unstoppable constantly.  

49 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

My number 1 is definitely Bosa. I actually think the chances of him being there are better than we think. I have a feeling SF takes Q at 2. Just my hunch. 

They should take Q. He’s the BPA and fits their scheme and needs in terms of their division best. 

But then again this is the same team that picked Soloman Thomas over Jamal Adams. 

• Like 1

I’m taking Allen at #1. He earned it, he’s a high character guy, and a local prospect. Allen is a scheme versatile guy which we wanted in Barr but I think he’s better. 

I like Bosa as a prospect. I think he’s gotten to this point with a little bit of nepotism. The injuries scare me, the fact that his brother held out on his rookie deal scares me. He’s not the same high character guy as Allen. 

My big board at 3 is:

Allen 

Q

Bosa

Edited by Sapo28

I would take Bosa or Allen. I think both guys are double digit sack guys. Now with that in mind I would take Bosa just ahead of Allen because Bosa can cover a little better than Allen and I think Bosa is a little stronger too on the field. I'm just glad the changes of one of them at 3 is HUGE for us.