2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

There is no way you could possibly convince me Gurley or Barkley aren’t worthy of a top 10 pick. Barkley especially. Those guys absolutely should be drafted early in the first round.

Only a fool would argue your point, with Barkley we are see the next coming of Jim Brown, big strong and fast. Putting up big numbers already.

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

There is no way you could possibly convince me Gurley or Barkley aren’t worthy of a top 10 pick. Barkley especially. Those guys absolutely should be drafted early in the first round.

You couldn't argue they are top 10 talents because they are both special players.  However you could argue value quite easily and there in lies the problem.  

Barkley looks insanely special and OBJ might be the best WR in the game yet the Giants offense is pathetic.  Gurley in year 2 was basically useless until McVay stepped in.  Unless you land Gurley or Barkley and they immediately step in as top 5 players at their position the value just isn't great.  I'd argue the others like McCaffrey, Gordon, Fournette and maybe even Zeke were bad picks though.  Hell as great as Barkley is and he may already be the best back in football behind a healthy/playing Bell was not a great pick.  Barkley might be 25 before the Giants get a competitive team around him if they are lucky enough to find a QB.  LA went all in on Goff and got lucky with McVay.  Giants better do the same or Barkley will get 2k yardages every season and never sniff the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

You couldn't argue they are top 10 talents because they are both special players.  However you could argue value quite easily and there in lies the problem.  

Barkley looks insanely special and OBJ might be the best WR in the game yet the Giants offense is pathetic.  Gurley in year 2 was basically useless until McVay stepped in.  Unless you land Gurley or Barkley and they immediately step in as top 5 players at their position the value just isn't great.  I'd argue the others like McCaffrey, Gordon, Fournette and maybe even Zeke were bad picks though.  Hell as great as Barkley is and he may already be the best back in football behind a healthy/playing Bell was not a great pick.  Barkley might be 25 before the Giants get a competitive team around him if they are lucky enough to find a QB.  LA went all in on Goff and got lucky with McVay.  Giants better do the same or Barkley will get 2k yardages every season and never sniff the playoffs.

I wonder if Eli is at the end of the line.  He has had a long career and never missed a game because of a injury. been a pocket pass his whole career. That might be the reason.

10 hours ago, Erncredible24 said:

What does everyone think of getting one of these players in the 1st round:

WR N'Keal Harry 

OT Greg Little

LB Devin White

also what are thoughts on trading out of the 1st round? 

Don’t think we would be interested in White after signing Avery and Lee sort of fun being his ground so far this year, would be cool with Harry or Metcalf at WR, Williams, Little, or Cajuste at OT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We reallllllly need a WR.  The line hasn't been too bad.

The O line has held up much better than I thought would. Our defensive is in dire need of a pass rusher, I think it would make a world of deference for the defensive. I think you are right we need a every down WR who can makes plays short & long not a one dimension receiver.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

100%... A #1 WR here is going to have to happen to make Darnold a success. Enunwa and Anderson are solid #2s at bear. And there’s nothing after them.

It became obvious today that this receiver by committee isn't working. I am a little late getting on board about getting a top receiver, but it sure is a necessity now, if we want to see Darnold, succeed.

54 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It became obvious today that this receiver by committee isn't working. I am a little late getting on board about getting a top receiver, but it sure is a necessity now, if we want to see Darnold, succeed.

I think I’ve made this similar jump. A number 1 WR might be our top priority. Enunwa and Anderson are solid number 2’s. Kearse is more of backup and likely won’t return. And then we have two special team players in Roberts and Peake. 

Herdon looks solid at TE. So we may not have to address TE.

Edited by SDotNova

A #1 WR will never hurt. I don’t get the argument behind not wanting one. We’ve spent year after year drafting defense and still don’t have a great defense. How about tryingbtye other side of the ball. We just made a huge investment in Darnold. Now let’s give him weapons.

Trying to find something good from the Viking game Yesterday. Who is this kid Darryl Roberts, he was the best defensive player on the field yesterday, he has unbelievable recovery speed, he was all over the field, and made some great plays, let the team in tackles. The other was Chris Herndon, he has to be a every down player, he has shown signs of being a good passing catching TE, I like to see a real repore between him and Darnold. Maybe my  quest for a TE is over, but only time will tell. Like I said the other day Rob Anderson is only going to catch four or five passes a game, but some of those catches can go for huge gains, even yesterday he was blowing past defensive backs, we just couldn't get him the ball whether it was the wind or Darnold, didn't have the time I don't know.

On the down side this guy Eric Tomlinson sucks, yesterday Darnold, hit him with a perfect pass nobody was covering him and it would have gone for a big gain, but he dropped the ball. Plus the guy runs like he has a load in his pants.

At the start if the season most of us thought the Jets would win at best seven games, I know I am going to take heat for this but I really believe the Jets will end up being a 500 team at the end of the season. 

All year our big needs were pass rusher & O line, that has changed now it is pass rusher followed by WR & than O line. The FA market is going to be the biggest part of our offseason. Just having one pick in the first seventy or so in the 2019 draft is going to make the FA market more important than ever.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Trying to find something good from the Viking game Yesterday. Who is this kid Darryl Roberts, he was the best defensive player on the field yesterday, he has unbelievable recovery speed, he was all over the field, and made some great plays, let the team in tackles. The other was Chris Herndon, he has to be a every down player, he has shown signs of being a good passing catching TE, I like to see a real repore between him and Darnold. Maybe my  quest for a TE is over, but only time will tell. Like I said the other day Rob Anderson is only going to catch four or five passes a game, but some of those catches can go for huge gains, even yesterday he was blowing past defensive backs, we just couldn't get him the ball whether it was the wind or Darnold, didn't have the time I don't know.

On the down side this guy Eric Tomlinson sucks, yesterday Darnold, hit him with a perfect pass nobody was covering him and it would have gone for a big gain, but he dropped the ball. Plus the guy runs like he has a load in his pants.

At the start if the season most of us thought the Jets would win at best seven games, I know I am going to take heat for this but I really believe the Jets will end up being a 500 team at the end of the season. 

All year our big needs were pass rusher & O line, that has changed now it is pass rusher followed by WR & than O line. The FA market is going to be the biggest part of our offseason. Just having one pick in the first seventy or so in the 2019 draft is going to make the FA market more important than ever.

The FA WR class is awful this next offseason. Best guys are Funchess and Benjamin. Who I wouldn’t see either being big grabs for us. We have to draft a guy or make a big time trade.