2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

You think it's likely that the Giants and 9ers trade? SF does need to recoup a 2nd round pick now.

No. I think SF is much more likely to take Quinnen Williams now. They run more of a SEA style 4-3, and with Dee Ford at LEO they'll likely move Solomon Thomas to the RE/5-tech role to compete with Arik Armstead. DeForest Buckner obviously a stud, so they have one more position they can fill along that DL... and they can do it by adding Williams. 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

No. I think SF is much more likely to take Quinnen Williams now. They run more of a SEA style 4-3, and with Dee Ford at LEO they'll likely move Solomon Thomas to the RE/5-tech role to compete with Arik Armstead. DeForest Buckner obviously a stud, so they have one more position they can fill along that DL... and they can do it by adding Williams. 

I'll take it, today's events shifted me from Quinnen to Bosa/Allen. Bosa is #1 for me right now and it would be Mac's luck for him to fall to us at 3.

Nick Bosa, an Italian d-lineman, would be an absolute hit in New York. It's too perfect.

Edited by jetjuice

Forced to start looking at some C prospects now that, well, you know. 

Chris Lindstrom is someone I have circled. He's a freak athlete who can legitimately play all 5 positions on the line. Perfect size for a G, but unusually long arms for an interior lineman (not a bad thing). He profiles perfectly as a movement C in the ZBS. He's someone who most have labeled as a 4th, but I can see him going high 3rd based on athleticism and versatility alone. 

7 hours ago, jetjuice said:

I'll take it, today's events shifted me from Quinnen to Bosa/Allen. Bosa is #1 for me right now and it would be Mac's luck for him to fall to us at 3.

Nick Bosa, an Italian d-lineman, would be an absolute hit in New York. It's too perfect.

We agree on something at last!! 🕺🏻

A trade for a C needs to happen. We made 2 big investments the last 2 years in Darnold last year and Bell just now. Protecting Darnold and opening lanes for Bell should be the main priority. At C we all know we arent drafting a C at 3. Meaning the earliest we can address the position in the draft is Round 3. And I will go out and say that I don’t think a rookie 3rd Rounder or later is starting over Harrison. Meaning we didn’t upgrade our C. Can’t let the happen. Trade a 3rd for a C

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

A trade for a C needs to happen. We made 2 big investments the last 2 years in Darnold last year and Bell just now. Protecting Darnold and opening lanes for Bell should be the main priority. At C we all know we arent drafting a C at 3. Meaning the earliest we can address the position in the draft is Round 3. And I will go out and say that I don’t think a rookie 3rd Rounder or later is starting over Harrison. Meaning we didn’t upgrade our C. Can’t let the happen. Trade a 3rd for a C

Takes two to tango.. who even is there on the trade market?

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No centers are available that are worth a 3rd. Might as well find a journeyman who at least has a clean injury history, like Wisniewski, draft a center in the middle rounds, and host an open competition again. 

If you really want to improve the line for Bell via trade, go get a player with elite-level potential at G (maybe La'el Collins) and move on from Winters. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

No centers are available that are worth a 3rd. Might as well find a journeyman who at least has a clean injury history, like Wisniewski, draft a center in the middle rounds, and host an open competition again. 

If you really want to improve the line for Bell via trade, go get a player with elite-level potential at G (maybe La'el Collins) and move on from Winters. 

I'm also thinking we should maybe try to sign Daryl Williams and improve on Shell too. Who knows when he'll be back and he's not a great run blocker anyway.

Just now, jetjuice said:

I'm also thinking we should maybe try to sign Daryl Williams and improve on Shell too. Who knows when he'll be back and he's not a great run blocker anyway.

While there are reports indicating Shell should be back for OTAs, I agree with your premise. We're in the experiment phase now; go get whatever good talent you come across and see if it can work out.