Get to know your Fellow Bears Forum Posters

CBears019

“Get to know your fellow posters” is something that was done here semi regularly several years back on the old forum (remember that place?  Seems so long ago now...).  It’s a good way to get to learn a little bit more about the man (or woman for that matter...who knows what these interviews will reveal??) behind the avatar.  So if you’re a regular contributor around these parts be on the lookout, because I might be sending you a PM in the near future to do an interview!

In this edition of “Get to know your fellow posters” we will be interviewing @AZBearsFan, or “AZ”..  Truth be told, AZ has been interviewed in one of these threads before by @GRRLacher.  But Bush was probably in office, I was probably in high school, and most of the regular posters we have now probably weren’t a part of FF then.  I figured I’d bring this back with a true veteran.  And that’s AZ.  AZ originally joined this forum in February of 2006.  Since then he has amassed over 14,000 posts and served several years as the Bears forum moderator alongside @GRRLacher (grr, i know you’re reading this.  SHOW YOURSELF!) and yours truly.

Ive talked enough, here’s AZ....enjoy!

Ok so let’s get started.  I’d like to start this by reminding you that this questioning is solely on a voluntary basis.  You can cease questioning at any time and you are free to leave at any time.

Ok, now that that’s out of the way...

AZ, tell us all a little bit about yourself...

“When I first found FF I was just out of college at Arizona State, single and day drinking on the regular.  Now I’m a married guy in my mid-30s with a car full of sons and half my hair.  I love football (duh), cold beer and gambling.

How did you first come across FootballsFuture back in 2006?

“I googled mock drafts at the beginning of the offseason and FF was the first site I found that had the content that I wanted without so much of the other crap content you found on other sites.” 

What’s your earliest memory of becoming a Bears fan?

“So many, but the earliest...my dad became a STH when I was about 7 and we used to go to games and park in the south lot and grill burgers and brats for breakfast and watch Tom & Jerry cartoons and then the pregame show one one of those 3.5” Sony Watchmen handheld TVs.  His even had the Bears logo on it.  Coulda been 3 degrees outside - it didn’t matter.  That was the best.”

Who is your all time favorite Chicago Bear?  What about currently?

“54.  The frickin’ GOAT.  Right now is more difficult to say.  Most of the roster are just kids trying to make a name.  I’m super excited about so many of them - Mitch, Roquan, Miller, Floyd.  I’m so ready for a winner at QB, and I’m fully invested in Mitch being that guy.”

HEeabfv.jpg

It’s just not the same without 54 :(  I chose this picture because I like to think that Lovie is seriously contemplating investing in human cloning so he could get three 54s on the field.  

I think you’ve mentioned once or twice about being an alumnus of Arizona State University.  How does a kid from Illinois go West to Arizona for college, then RETURNS to Illinois, after living without winters for four years?

“I ended up at ASU because I attended a Bears-Cards game with my family when I was about 13 years old when they still played at Sun Devils Stadium which is on the north side of campus.  We stayed at a hotel just south of the campus and walked across campus to the game.  If you know anything about ASU you’ll understand how walking across that campus immediately sold the campus to an adolescent boy.  Why did I move back to IL?  Kids.  Schools around where I’m at now are some of the best in the country.  Far better than those in the Phoenix area.  I live near where I grew up and it’s a great place to raise a family.  Also, it’s hot as balls 8 months out of the year in AZ.  And don’t give me that ‘it’s a dry heat’ crap either.  It’s basically standing in front of an oven or a blow drier.  It’s basically backwards from here.  In AZ you spend the whole summer indoors instead of winter, and start your car before getting in it to cool it off instead of warm it up.  Plus, you can dress for 10 degrees.  You can’t dress for 110 degrees and still be work appropriate.”

yIumvSW.jpg

Yeah, I think I’m starting to get why you went there...

Favorite movie?

”Sports - Major League; Action - The Matrix.”

Favorite artist (music)?

“Gonna sound like a cop out (what’s that ‘spossed to mean??) but I like most music.  I can tell I’m getting old though because a lot of current pop music is starting to sound very similar to me.  Like I think ‘The Weekend’ and ‘Post Malone’ sound exactly the damn same.  Different beats and whatnot, but their voices are identical to me.”

Does anyone know what a “Post Malone” is anyway.....?

Favorite TV series?

“‘Breaking Bad’ is my all time favorite.  ‘Better Call Saul’ is damn good too.  Also ‘Sons of Anarchy’ and ‘The Shield’.  For comedies I’m a huge fan of ‘The Office’ and ‘Seinfeld’ is timeless.”

JLk0sqL.jpg

What are some things you do in your free time when you’re not making 14,000 well-thought out, rational posts on a football forum?

”I spend most of my time chasing after my 3 boys.  They’re in everything.  I wouldn’t have it any other way either - they’re incredible, each in their own way.”

What did you want to be when you were growing up?

“I always wanted to play baseball for the White Sox.  Not a Cub-hating Sox fan either, Btw.”

OiiMrFV.jpg

Ah well then I’ll shamelessly throw this in here since you’re not a Cub-hater ;) 

Now that you’re in your mid-30s with half your hair - what are you doing?

“NOT playing for the White Sox.  I work for a fortune 100 company from gating the good fight from a cubicle farm for a solid salary with adequate benefits.  Forgive my deliberate vagueness.”

5cAa1aj.jpg

Actual image of AZ at work

If you could be one other person for 24 hours who would it be and why?  This could be anyone in the history of time.  And no butterfly effect or anything - you just get to simulate that person for a day.

“Being honest I don’t want to be anyone but me.  Is it cheating if I say me, but with Warren Buffet money?  I could make that work for a day.  If not...how about Johnny Sins?  Pretty sure I’d enjoy being that guy for a day.”

9AlmkHO.jpg

Ohhhh, I get it.  You wanted to be a nurse for a day!  Good choice.

Any final thoughts or words of wisdom?

“Find your passion.  Find what motivates you and what you love and do it full speed.  Set goals, but don’t set limits.  Remember what you accept, becomes acceptable.”

AZ, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule chasing your 3 sons around to do this interview!  Hope you all enjoyed!

Till next time...

CB019

Archived