Preseason Week Two - Raiders at Rams

RaidersAreOne

rams-raiders-football_24355847_5391766.j

bng-l-raiders-0820-2.jpg?w=620

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018081855/2018/PRE2/Raiders@Rams?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2018081855#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

We're on the road this week, but fortunately for us LA is essentially a home anyways. There very well could be more Raiders fans than Rams there. This is a more important preseason game than normal because we face off vs the Rams week 1 of the regular season. Things I am looking forward to watching:

• The rookies. Miller looked solid last week, I can't wait to see him vs better DEs. Hall/Hurst showed flashes and I hope they can carry it over. I think I am most excited to see Key though. I believe he is playing today and he has been the talk of camp. Can't wait to see him in pass-rush situations.
  • Connor Cook picking up where he left off. He did well last week and finally showed us some promise. If he keeps it up over the next few weeks he will be our #2.
  • Secondary as a whole. Goff is a good QB now and can pick apart a Defence. I am excited to see Conley back in action for only like the 4th time as a Raider. Melvin and Nelson also intrigue me.
  • #4/5/6 WR spot. The top 3 are locked in, but it's a bloodbath for the remaining few. These guys will be playing their hearts out to crack the squad.

Carr and alot of the core starters apparently not dressed. Team doesn't want to show anything ahead of week 1

@GehlkenNFL

Raiders DE Arden Key and CB Gareon Coley in uniform. Among those not: QB Carr, RB Lynch, RB Martin, WR Cooper, WR Nelson, WR Bryant, LT Miller, LG Osemele, C Hudson, RG Jackson, RT Penn, RB Lynch, TE Cook, TE Smith, LB Whitehead, LB Johnson, DE Irvin, NT Ellis... You get idea.

34 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr and alot of the core starters apparently not dressed. Team doesn't want to show anything ahead of week 1

@GehlkenNFL

Raiders DE Arden Key and CB Gareon Coley in uniform. Among those not: QB Carr, RB Lynch, RB Martin, WR Cooper, WR Nelson, WR Bryant, LT Miller, LG Osemele, C Hudson, RG Jackson, RT Penn, RB Lynch, TE Cook, TE Smith, LB Whitehead, LB Johnson, DE Irvin, NT Ellis... You get idea.

@StocktonSav Still think Martin's not a lock on the roster? 

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

@StocktonSav Still think Martin's not a lock on the roster? 

No, this is pretty dispositive I think. Although I think him not playing is probably more of a result of trying to get all the game reps to Richard Washington and Warren more than anything about him.

Separately, doesn't make sense why Miller isn't playing. He needs game reps despite being a lock to make the 53.

13 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

LA broadcast is brutal. Gassing up the Rams SO hard because no one cares about them here.

I’m listening to the raiders one. Matt Millen just said Michael Hayes is the standard for CBS and not Deion. Seems like we’re both getting gassed up. 

Archived