Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I see a lot of non 49er fans say that we don't have good enough skill talent. I just don't see that. Sure, we don't have any upper echelon guys, but man, I really think that this is a team that is really deep at the skill positions. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. 

We have a lot of guys that have a special talent but arent superstars. Shanahan doesn't need to have that top end receiver to make his offense work to its full potential. A lot is about using guys like Goodwin and let their special talent shine. Also just having a guy like Goodwin run a go route against a guy one play and then putting Garcon on him also makes it harder for the CB because he gets something completely different every play.

Just now, Geek said:

So I guess we're not going to be running much this year lol. 

32 in rushing and 1st in passing?

It's definitely going to be slanted like that. I mean, the team just can't run block, particularly in short distances (ZBS teams aren't traditionally known as beastly short yardage teams to begin with) 

Just now, Geek said:

With Jimmy in command of this offense, it really feels like we can score any time we have the ball. I can't remember the last time I ever felt our offense could do that. 

Kaepernick against the Packers :D 

Archived