Preseason Game#2 Thread: San Francisco Niners vs Houston Texans

Texansfan713

Come on BOb, sure the TD was nice, but this team needs WAYYYYY more work running in short yardage.   Otherwise, amazing drive aside from Braxton and Ellington drop and whatever the 3rd and 1 play was supposed to be (Pope and Ellington were occupying same space).  Ellington isn't giving up that slot job without a fight.  I think this Deshaun guy might be pretty good. 

So Bademosi is still showing special teams level coverage skill, but deflection int was a nice reaction.  I assume Kevin Johnson is gone between a month to forever with another concussion and goodness knows what else he broke in his orca splash into turf.  Seems like we traded the gaps in the field turf for a full slab of concussion inducing concrete. Would love to see the home/road concussion splits for this team. 

Over/under on Kareem Jackson personal fouls with new helmet rules at 5?  He looks even more clueless than ever out there in all respects.  We are going to regret not bringing in Boston, Vacarro, or Reid when Hal went down. Breeland better be on speed dial or we're going to be right back to weekly  "dial a corner" waiver shuffle from last year.  

So am I the only one holding my breath every time Griffin dives to the turf for a pass (which is like every time).  Dude is one turf/helmet meeting from Fido-land.  Sure wish we'd see more Thomas. 

Coates is making this team.  Braxton Miller has enough residual value to score us a 6th roundish pick.  Browns, Bears,  Ravens, Colts, Cowboys, Panthers, Saints, and these 49ers need WRs. Would love to see one of those Gaine Sammy Watkins/ EJ Gaines deals.   

Archived